Sub 20 World Cup 2011 in Colombia

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by crzdcolombian, Apr 22, 2008.

1. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    y aquí hay quienes lo piden para la mayor

2. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Deberian aprovechar el impulsito y sacar a Bolillo, Lara, Maturranga y Bedoya y mandarlos para Egipto....

3. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He got the red card after and it shows on all his posts. Sorry for the delay deleting this particularly bad post. Just got home...

4. tavoludo

tavoludo Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Huntsville, AL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Porque sentaron al trencito y a perez? Que no estaban jugando de titulares? Que trencito no estaba funcionando en la delantera? Aunque hay q reconocer que en el primer tiempo colombia pudo haber metido un par de goles, en el segundo tiempo Lara no supo q hacer con el equipo. Que lastima habernos enfrentado tan pronto pero ni hablar.. Buena suerte en las eliminatorias

5. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thank you Tavoludo, good luck for you guys as well. Lara didn't take out Perez from the lineup simply because he wasn't in there. He came in as a sub vs. los Ticos and that's it. As for Trencito it was a pure professionaly decision because Valencia was fit to play and for some reason Lara decided to replace a winning team and brought Zapata in. We should scored in the first half like you said and finish the match, unfortunately we couldn't do it and you guys hit us 3 times. Our defense was horrible during the whole tournament but we akways managed to get lucky. That's what happens when you leave at home players like Sebas Viafara, John Medina, Edwin Cardona & Manga Escobar. I didn't say that with those guys we would win for sure, but if they were in the squad and not at home, we would have a better options then Luciano Ospina & Calle.

6. paisaboii

paisaboii Member

Nov 12, 2004
    nyc
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    para mi tambien hicieron falta esos jugadores no digo que tenia que ser titulares pero pudieran haber entrado y darle un aire a la seleccion.

7. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    hey man, you do a great job. no stress, I surely have no time to do what you do. So thank you !;)

8. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mexico nos pego en el momento justo.. aunque no mostraron una superioridad durante todo el partido, lo hicieron cuando mas contaba.

Lara es decepcionante.. el hecho de que cabezas sigiera jugando luego de que no habia jugado bien ni un solo partido dice mucho de un tecnico.

Tampoco entendi lo del trencito pero bueee....

Menos mal me emborrache el sabado porque sino hubiera sido peor.

9. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think we can all agree that Lara is the main culprit. THE WORST thing that could've happened is having won that Toulon tourney as it gave him a sense of having corrected all that was wrong from The Sudamericano failure. He chose to ignore quick players like Castillo who have so much pace and would have been a better starter then Duval. While Ospina was simply horrible, he's a sub and I feel the biggest dissapointment was not having the proper defensive midfielders---something we are usually pretty strong at.

The multitude of changes in personnel from his lack of proper conditioning did this team in. After the match vs France EVERY player looked simply exhausted. James vs Mexico was barely running. Realistically we had no chance to make it to the finals but a top 4 spot would have covered a up a bigger mess and justified Lara's calls. So maybe all this is a good thing.

10. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    Termino el mundial. La selección no quedo campeona. Pero creo que lo hecho por el país en este mundial es de aplaudir.

11. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Efectivamente Pipe, felicitaciones a Colombia por organizar el mejor mundial juvenil de la historia.

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Creo que en especial desde segunda ronda se vieron puros partidazos gracias a espana, portugal, francia, mexico, brazil, colombia, nigeria y hasta el mismo argentina............que golazo con el que quedo campeon brazil

13. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    El mundial se inauguro con un golazo y finalizo con otro

14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We beat France 2x, we beat Portugal away from home, and we beat Mexico in France. What did we miss !!! FING CARDONA !!! OUR TOP PLAYER IN THIS TEAM FOR PAST 2 Years

15. corazonazul

corazonazul Member

Jun 29, 2007
    canada
    queria a lara en la seleccion de mayores o que continuara en la sub 20 crazy ? que perdieramos asi es lo mejor que pudo haber pasado, lo normal es que pongan otro tecnico, pero como no tenemos una federacion normal seguramente le dan continuidad ''porque ha hecho mucho por el pais''... otra cosa maturana quiere que se quede bolillo, es que todos lo quieren por representar a la wachada del pais, perdon a los ''machos'' y tmb por ser un tipo "ganador''

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Con cardona o sin cardona sin el malo de manga o con el, esa seleccion dirigida por lara no iba a hacer campeona simplmente.....Cardona wasnt our top player neither...maybe in the u 17 when he was injured

17. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You are wrong Pepino. Cardona maybe wasn't our top player, but he surely was the MVP in France with James. Cardona is a player that in one moment can change the game. Maybe with Cardona we would be eliminated sooner, maybe we would be the champions, it doesn't matter. Bottom line is that Lara made a huge mistake by not including him, and I believe that the Colombian fans hate him no less then they hate Bolillo. With all the respect to trencito, Cardona is a much better and talented player, and an offense line who includes Cardona, Ortega, James & Muriel is pure deadly.

18. tavoludo

tavoludo Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Huntsville, AL
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    At the end it is all a what if... I think the point is (from what I heard) that Cardona was dividing the group and the wouldve hurt the team more than him not being in it. Then again, a better coach wouldve been able to have everybody on the same page. Then again, these days having good players is not a guarantee of good performance. Mexico was suppose to have a sick delantera too with Cubo, Davila and Pulido and in the wc they choked big time.
    Anyways, great world cup by Colombia, congratulations cause I was there and I have nothing but good words for your country, both people and infrastructure I wish you guys woulve support Mexico a little more but as I fan I was always treated like a friend by EVERYBODY.
    Hopefully las barras will keep the stadiums as they are now, it would be a shame to throw everything away.

1 person likes this.
  19. Gorra Negra

Gorra Negra Member

May 16, 2011
    Cedritos, Btá
    El FRACASO MONUMENTAL de Lara se sabia. Yo creo que cualquier persona con tres dedos de frente veía venir los acontecimientos. Que Lara no se vaya para nunca volver es dificil ya que el es un DT corrupto, des-honesto y MALO. Esperar que tomen cartas en el asunto los directivos...dificil. El mayor culpable de todo esto fue Lara.

En cuanto al mundial, se me hace que si hicieron las cosas normalmente. Los estadios fueron un punto alto. Aunque varias sedes quedaron en deuda, como Barranquilla-que nunca llevo el publico esperado y eso que tenian a Brasil y la ceremonia de apertura que fue PÉSIMA y ridícula. Armenia sobro como sede. En Cartagena se fue la luz en un partido y en Bogota se lleno de agua algunas partes de prensa.

El publico si respondio en especial Cali.

20. GavoCol

GavoCol Member

May 12, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Fue un gran mundial y punto, para que sacar mas vueltas, se rompio el record de asistencias, grandes partidos, gran organizacion, grandes goles, gran seguridad, un exito, los estadios maravillosos, la gente respondio espectacularmente, la FIFA se sorprendio, Colombia fue grande.

21. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A Medellin no me la metan ahi....

22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    El record por lo que lei en un articulo de barraza lo sigue teniendo Canada........Lo que paso en colombia, fue que la fifa fue un poco tramposa para contar.......Como eran partidos dobles muchos, a las personas tambien las contaban dos veces

23. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Esa practica la hacen muchos!.. y es el estandar normal de medición de asistencia

24. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Buena noticias:
    Como que Lara no seguira como entranador de la Sub-20.

25. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    depends maybe the fed will make Bolillo or Maturanna the sub 20 coach now :mad: