Pre-match: Strikers at Carolina RailHawks ::: NASL Match 16

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by drSoFlaFan, Jul 6, 2012.

1. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Saturday, July 7 • Kickoff: 7:00 PM • WakeMed Soccer Park​
    Another tough loss in TB. But we expect that by now. Off to Carolina to face the same RailHawks we beat last Saturday at home. They defeated Wynalda and the Silverbacks(not that that's much of a feat) on Tuesday night.​
    I'll be at the game, me and my brother are flying up early tomorrow morning. I've been to 7 MFC/Strikers away games, 6 in TB, but we've got a 100% winning percentage everywhere else I've been(ATL). Here's hoping for win #2 lol.​
    Watch Party at Duffy's for everyone staying in SoFla.​

2. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    First let me say that I'm always very impressed with the graphics you put on these dr. Good stuff! Ok, so here we are, and I'm not afraid to say it just past the halfway point in the season - it's a must win. We've already left a lot of points on the field this season, we need to make some of them up. We just beat this team a week ago, and played pretty well doing it for about 80 of the 90 minutes. Those last 10 minutes of that game were hairy, but we hung on. That's what good teams do. And then you have the stinking turd pile we left in Tampa....again.... First half I won't complain too much about other than the lack of marking on the goal. Overall it was a pretty good half, especially for a road game. Then the second half rolled around... I was screaming at my computer about what appeared to be a pretty obvious offside on the Rowdies second goal. Almost as loud as I was bemoaning Shanosky's doink off the post moments before. Converting that best chance of the half, on the road, against a rival, fighting for playoff positioning, that's what we're missing. We can't seem to take advantage of that one good chance away from home. If Shanosky puts that in, we're up 2 - 1, and the entire game changes from there. We would almost certainly have come away with at least a point.

So how does this change? What is Coach Shore to do? We are missing Lance terribly. Not only on defense, but with his runs up the left side. Lorenz is doing his best, but he just doesn't have the same two-way talent that Lance has. I hope Stewart is ready to start in the middle again tomorrow. Our best games defensively this year have been with both he and Toni manning the middle. Shanosky has played pretty well in moving back up into the MF in my opinion. Here's what I'd like to see tomorrow night:

Glaeser
    King (or Blake) - Stewart - Stahl - Orozco
    Shanosky - Restrepo - Anderson - Lorenz
    Herron - Hassan

Hoping to get down to a watch party for the first time this year. More importantly, no matter where I'm watching from, I hope I see the boys capture a desperately needed three points. Go Strikers!!!

3. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are right; 16 games in and we have a must win...:(...Worse, we need it on the road and we've only picked up a couple of points out of all the road games we've played this season on the tie or 2 we've achieved. We have no road wins in the 2012 regular season. Not exactly overpowering & frightening to the opposition. Maybe tonight will be our 1st road success and the launching pad to a more secure place in the standings for a higher seed in the playoffs. Or just making the playoffs.

We'll see. GO STRIKERS!

4. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't Orozco red carded? That a 1 off in NASL?
    Have to say: Ali has really disappointed since the start of the year. Non-factor.
    Herron + Anderson (though HORRIBLE on Wed.) would get the nod for me.

5. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Strikers 2-1 at the half. They should be trailing by 4. Horrible display of defense by the Strikers, but 2 good breaks by the Strikers get 2 goals in 2 minutes. Kudos to Abe for assists on both goals. We'll see how it goes in the next 45.

6. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We had them 3-1 in the 88th minute & gave up a goal for 3-2. We then gave up another goal in the 94th minute to give away our 1st road win of 2012 & 2 precious points in a 3-3 draw. :poop:! Not being able to close out a game with a 2 goal lead for 6 minutes is piss poor and unacceptable....:mad:

On the 14th we play the #1 team in the League, San Antonio. I do not think this Striker team can beat them. We're heading for 7th place rapidly.

7. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, Edmonton and Atlanta are bad.

Atlanta is winning in Minnesota.

8. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right now, so are we. Especially on the road.

9. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Wynalda going for the coach of the year trophy

10. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was the most excruciating, frustrating result of the season(including the two 3-1 losses in St. Pete). Giving up that late lead was unacceptable. The defense fell apart at the end. Walter Restrepo scored two, sure, but he also rolled around on the ground enough to add at least 30 seconds to the end of the game(which the 'Hawks took full advantage of).

The crummy finish was made all the worse since I flew all the way up there to see it.

11. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A good enough reason not to go there....;)

12. cwgator

cwgator Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are scoring goals this season. But we keep getting burned on the counter. Our Defense is only good for 80 min +/- Shore needs to figure out who to plug in our back line or we will be in serious trouble with the Scorpions. :( I know many of the Refs are substandard but the yellow cards we earn for mouthing off aren't helping us either.
    I don't like watching a good team slip to the bottom of the table.

13. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They may have any number of talented players that show flashes of excellence and, as a team, are often entertaining to watch, but, until they prove differently, they have not demonstrated that they are a good team by showing consistent competence for 90 minutes. They will possibly make the playoffs, they'll probably make an early exit if they do make the playoffs. I simply can't see this team making a championship run this year like they almost made last season. IMO, they simply are not that good.

For all of that, I'll attend every game they play at Lockhart and I'll cheer for them at every one of those games. This is, after all, sport. Anything can happen. Maybe they will find a way to meld that dormant, youthful talent into a good run like last year. If they do, Halahlulyah! If not? Wait for 2013 and maybe things will get it right then. Maybe then Traffic will give us the $$$ to sign a different squad. Maybe the squad will be a bit more mature. Maybe we'll have fewer injuries.

Maybe someone will buy the Strikers that actually cares if they succeed or not & put the $$ and passion into the team to make it better (that's not a knock at the FO or coaching staff, BTW, just the ownership).

In any event: GO STRIKERS! Beat the Scorpions! Get 3 points every game! Win the NASL Championship! I know it's far fetched, but I am a Striker fan & no matter how good or bad they are - I am a Striker fan....:thumbsup:.....And I can dream, dammit, I can dream...;)