Street Soccer USA Dinner this Thursday at the OAS

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by DangerMouse37, May 18, 2010.

1. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    Wanted to share this event as DCU has been a big supporter and players will be there... plus its a great cause and should be a fun event. Something soccer-related you can do to help people who face a lot bigger challenges -- even than our midfield. PM me if you have any questions, and thanks for looking.

-------------------------
    This Thursday – May 20 – Street Soccer USA is holding its annual Sport for Social Change Awards at the Organization for American States.

The organization is a national non-profit group that works with homeless people around the country to help them get off the streets and into jobs, housing, education, and a better life – by joining soccer teams and getting access to services.

DC United has been a huge supporter since Street Soccer’s inception.
    Ben Olsen and Clyde Simms will lead a group of players attending, including other DCU players and Daryl Green of the Redskins. Ted Leonsis and Maria Cuomo Cole will be there and are chairing the event, which will honor Sheila Johnson, and GW Sports Alliance Founder Fernando Murias among others.

The event will be a fun party in an elegant venue with great food, drinks, inspirational stories, and dancing afterwards.

I am on the national Board of Advisors, and for people that are interested, I can the price down from $125 to $75. Ok, not free, but it is a fundraiser – and the event is 100% tax deductable and includes food and drink. Check out www.streetsoccerusa.org and go the awards check out page. Check “other” on the form and after you buy your ticket put “barra brava” in the “referred by” line.

2. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    Ok gang. In a season full of so little, finally something you can do that you KNOW will leave you feeling good at the end of the evening:D

Hope to see some of you there tomorrow. It will be a great event.

Bump

3. StagsUnited72

StagsUnited72 Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD
    Bump