Steven Cohen to ESPN

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Epikoinos, Sep 23, 2011.

1. code1390

code1390 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His last show was all about the subscribers staying and giving Sophie and Robert a chance.

Now its "Why spend $50 to have soccernet and Daily Mail headlines read to you".

2. simont

simont Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have hard like 4 shows now since Kenny left and I must say I don’t know if it is worth the money now it just seems to be a bunch of talking heads. Sophie is not a grate fall time host Robert I think is ok but I think he needs to have a co host next to him that is like Kenny I would say if he had some one like Jimmy Conrad next to him it would work. Sophie does not offer good in sight to the game. I would not be shocked if the show is not around come next season. When Steven left I think so did a bunch of people but a lot did stay with the show because they did like what Kenny was doing. But now that he is gone and for me the show is not the same with out him and I can see a lot of customs living to the point wear the show is no more. Am I going to renew I don’t know if you asked me 2 months ago I would have side yes now I am not sure. I would be willing to give them both a shot to grow the show but as of now don’t think it’s worth the money.

3. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    No,you should ask yourself why it is you would think anyone in this country would really honestly care about Hillsborough beyond the fact that people died?

Really, why do you think any non-British expat soccer fan who doesn't support Liverpool, would really give a sh1t, beyond the fact that people died? Which is horrible, as horrible as it is whenever anyone anywhere is killed. For any reason.

Now, i do care that assuming you had Sirius, or a telephone, a once free soccer show - a rarity in itself - in this country that provided fantastic soccer discourse opprtunties for soccer fans living in the US no longer exists because various and sundry pu55ies who support Liverpool - even though most of these jack0ffs have never been out of the country, let alone to England, let alone Liverpool, let alone a game at Anfield - decided to kill that show of which we have precious few here because of something that happened before half the posters on here were born.

THAT'S what most of us care about.

I can't stand Juventus, yet Heysel bothers me more than Hillsborough and Cohen bother you. Wonder why?

You want to talk Hillsborough and the injustice, go talk it on the Liverpool threads.

I know what i know about that incident, and could care less about what they decide to do about it across the pond. That's their businees, their issue.

If that bothers you, that's your problem.

Lots of people on BS feel as i do.

Ask around.

Cohen is an arrogant douche whom i have never liked, nor do i particulalry sypathize with him. But he ran a great show that allowed people to call in and very easily speak with people like Brassell, Vickery, Phil Schoen. That show was great for soccer in THIS country.

Again, that's what most people care about on these boards.

4. bayernfan86

bayernfan86 Member

May 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Holy shit, cigar city laying the smackdown on "sundried pu55ies".

Rep given.

5. smith2sc

smith2sc New Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Props cigar city, well said.

6. tambo

tambo Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Yup, laying down some truth.

7. TarheelJTK

TarheelJTK Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Jersey City
    So Liverpool fans killed the chances of Cohen working at ESPN? Too bad they can't get over this issue and stop hurting the game over here.

I wonder if John Henry fully realized what he was getting into when he bought Liverpool. It's going to be tough to sell the team in the US if the fans continue to hurt the game over here. I warn everyone that I know to be wary of Liverpool fans as they take offense very easily.

8. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Helikely did not, he's a weird cat. But he's used to dealing with a nutjob blue collar fanbase, isn't he?

Regarding Cohen, according to those clowns, they thwarted the effort.

Which you know brings a huge sense of relief to the collective Hillsborough tragedy survivors. I'm sure that's the foremost thought on all of their minds.
    Even though they've most likely never heard of Cohen, could give 2 sh1ts what he thinks, and wouldn't know the difference between Steve Cohen and Reggie Bush. But still, load off their minds.

9. NYRBA1

NYRBA1 Member

Feb 4, 2011
    they killed nothing, steven and kenny coming back in early 2012 according to kenny's twitter. probably got moved back a few months for the new year ;)

10. Get_Stuck_In

Get_Stuck_In New Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  11. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    No matter what Cohen says (even though I don't think he should - his opinion is his opinion) THAT part of Liverpool fandom will never let it go. It is his opinion. You almost get the feeling the way they protest that he is on to something.

He is probably too hardcore for ESPN. Maybe Fox Soccer. The call in show he had on FSC was classic.

At the end, it was hard to believe it was the same show.