Stephane Auvray talking about Guadeloupe

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by Gwadaboyz 72, May 20, 2011.

1. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    [​IMG]

Kansas City midfielder and Guadeloupe captain Stephane Auvray says :

"Yes basically it is [our World Cup], until we will be able to play the World Cup. For the while it is our World Cup, because we hope that if we perform in this competition, we'll be able to change our status so we that we can do the World Cup one day. The players that played the Caribbean Cup are not the same players that will play the Gold Cup. It's going to be a totally different team, except a couple of players. So it was a good performance that was playing at the moment. Because we know we're going to have a different team for the Gold Cup, and it's going to be a different deal us...If we have the players we're expecting to have, we hope that we're going do something interesting. I will tell you that we want to win the Gold Cup, but I can tell you for sure, we have to [get] past that first round. That's the minimum. I don't think we really have to, say, make the quaterfinals, semifinals. It's more according to our team, the potential we have in the team, and how we feel at the time that we will know...You're going to start the game and you're going to do everything to win that game. And if you lose because the opponent was better than you, that's all right. We know that we have very good players. We have a good team, and we hope that we're going to do as good as the two last times especially the first one [2007].

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I wonder who the new faces will be hmmmmm.

any chance Thierry Henry might attend one of their games :cool:

3. themodelcitizen

Jul 23, 2000
    BMO Field - Sec. 114
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Wouldn't Henry (Martinique?) and Gallas (Guadeloupe?), among others, be eligible to play after they retire from France? That right-back did it in the last GC.

4. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Correction! Thierry Henry's mother comes from Martinique while his father is from Guadeloupe. And as he bears his father's name (Henry), so he considers himself guadeloupean man.

This year, Thierry Henry and William Gallas won't wear Guadeloupe jersey. Why?

Thierry Henry and William Gallas are 34!* FIFA and CONCACAF regulation said a player must wait five years between the last selection in French national team and a possible selection in Guadeloupe team. Their last appearance for France was in June 2010 during the World Cup in South Africa. So 2010+5=2015. So in 2015 Thierry Henry and William Gallas will be 39! I think it will be a little too older to wear Guadeloupe jersey.

Jocelyn Angloma played for Guadeloupe when he was 41 but it was really an exceptional case!

Every way, we got enough good players like that to deprive us of Thierry Henry and William Gallas. :rolleyes:

* Thierry Henry and William Gallas were both August 14, 1977!!!

Hence the imperative that Guadeloupe becomes a FIFA member. Thus a player will have two choices : either France or Guadeloupe!:cool:

5. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    when will Guadeloupe release their roster for this tourney.

and I think Henry will attend one of these games :cool:

6. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    My friend here is the Guadeloupe roster

Goalkeepers
    Christophe Olol (Union Sainte Rosienne)
    Fabrice Mercury (CS Moulien)
    Franck Grandel (Dijon - France)

Defenders
    Miguel Comminges (Southend United - England)
    Jean-Marc Hatchi (Caen - France)
    Ulrick Lupède (Naval - Portugal)
    Eddy Viator (No club)
    Jean-Luc Lambourde (Amical Club Marie-Galante)
    Julien Ictoi (CS Moulien)
    Michaël Tacalfred (Stade Reims - France)

Midfielders
    David Fleurival (FC Metz - France)
    Loïc Loval (Vannes - France)
    Dimitri Fautrai (Etoile Morne à L'Eau)
    Therry Racon (Charlton - England)
    Thomas Gamiette (Stade Reims - France)
    Grégory Gendrey (US Compiègne - France)
    Cédric Collet (Standar Liège - Belgium)
    Stéphane Auvray (Kansas City Wizards - USA)
    Larry Clavier (Freamunde - Portugal)

Forwards
    Ludovic Gotin (CS Moulien)
    Livio Nabab (Caen - France)
    Brice Jovial (Le Havre - France)
    Richard Socrier (Ajaccio - France)

Manager : Roger Salnot

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    no Aurelien Capoue :eek:

8. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Saying Aurélien Capoue had problems with the coach Roger Salnot. In october 2009, Capoue reportedly said Salnot wouldn't bring anything to the players. And he added that as Roger Salnot will coach, he wouldn't come into Guadeloupe national team.

9. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    what about his brother?

and they should call-up Congre imo.

10. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

It seems that Daniel Congre has requested but that's scuppered. Apparently, Etienne Capoue was never part of Guadeloupe technical staff plans.

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lol.. wait, Congre requested, but why won't yall call him up?

Obertan is Guadeloupean too. imo great prospect.

12. bettermirror

bettermirror Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Fraser Valley
    Obertan is shit. Any MUFC fan can tell ya that. He'll be back in the lower tiers of France next year or maybe Belgium.....I'd love it if Guadeloupe put him on their squad!

13. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Toulouse FC president didn't want to release Daniel Congre. So they called Stephane Zubar to replace Jean-Marc Hatchi on defense.

They could have taken Obertan, indeed!

14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Zubar will play this tourney and Hatchi wont?

interesting. also did any of the U-20 players attract interest from French teams?

15. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    No, i don't think this is it! I think the coaching staff chose to take a lot more experienced players. That's why they chose Daniel Congre but as his club TFC has refused to release him, they finally took Stephane Zubar. Initially it was raked off!

16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Stephane Zubar doesn't show up on the list :confused: just Hatchi.

17. bettermirror

bettermirror Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Fraser Valley
    Clubs can't deny call-ups for the GC - it's FIFA Sanctioned. What's up with TFC "refused to release"???

18. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    TFC as in Toulouse Football Club of La Ligue. and Guadeloupe isn't a FIFA sanctioned National team, which means clubs don't have to release them to play for Guadeloupe.

:rolleyes:

19. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think CONCACAF website will rectify this! :)

20. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Exactly! If all these clubs were forced to release our players, our team would be much stronger than that. :cool:

21. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lol.. why not just call up Stephane Zubar's brother, Ronald.

22. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It's because Ronald had surgery back there not along ago so he withdrew for the rest of the season. If it hadn't been the case, he was automatically on the list.

23. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    mmk what about players like Briand, Goufrann, Franchone and Biabiany? why no call-up and that guy who plays in Scotland. wasn't he apart of the squad before.

24. Gwadaboyz 72

Gwadaboyz 72 Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Jimmy Briand comes from Martinique and he has already worn the French national jersey* four times.

Johan Gouffran had undergone surgery but i don't think he entered into the coaching staff plans.

James Fanchone had been called once for two friendlies in March 2009 but at the time, his club RC Strasbourg has refused to release him.

Jonathan Biabiany could play in the A French team. Remember that Guadeloupe is not yet a FIFA member!

I guess you wanted to talk about Michaël Antoine-Curier. It's also a surprise for me. He had not played much in the last Digicel Caribbean Championships in Martinique because he was just emerging from injury. Since then, he's no longer a choice for the coach.

* Since Jocelyn Angloma case in 2007, CONCACAF has decided that a guadeloupean who played once for the A French team could not play for Guadeloupe.

Jocelyn Angloma said this morning in the press that they should give more chance for our young players in Guadeloupe. Angloma has always advocated a selection composed 50% of local players and 50% of outside players.

25. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    yea, but Biabiany hasn't been called-up yet and being called-up for Guadeloupe wouldn't ruin his chances with France, same for Gabriel Obertan.

what about other players such as, Auriol Guillaume, Lioc Nestor, Michael Ciani, and William Vainqueur.