Steffiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Points (Road to WWC 2019)[R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Dec 24, 2017.

?

Worst German NT player atm?

1. Babett Peter

50.0%
  2. Babett Peter

33.3%
  3. KATHY HENDRICH

16.7%
  4. Babett Peter

66.7%
  5. Mandy Islacker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    when you're posting boring WOTs cause you have to compensate for not having seen the actual games

2. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    i didn’t really witness a clear double 6 today because Germany were so dominant
    but originally i think Maro and Magull were the double 6...

3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the one underwritten rule on holding the ball too long is that it's gives the opposing team a chance to set up defense. The beauty of Lea's first goal is she went for it before the Czechs got in place
    this doesn't sound encouraging. Somehow got the feeling it's going to be once again a former player with no coaching experience(maybe like Ariana Hingst or one of the Nadie's!) when the NT desperately needs a mentor who's coached men's teams before

4. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    at least not someone who puts the-one-who-shall-not-be-named as a guaranteed starter no matter what

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here are about the best highlights from yesterday's game. Some might call it 'park the bus' I don't really cause it seemed like the Slovenians tried to move their back line a little up, just not enough to go over the top. But since their up field players were only about 20 yards ahead, they left the playing area very cramped for Germany to work with. While even Popp & Magull didn't even look that good for the rest of the game, the best player by far was Linda Dallmann who usually dribbled through the crowded.area
    https://www.zdf.de/sport/zdf-sporte...uen-slowenien-deutschland-highlights-102.html

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    you don't know that since one of the Nadie's(Kessler) & Ariana(current as. coach at WOB) are mostly likely friends with the shlecht-meister!

7. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Dallmann's usually one of the best when she gets the chance... :whistling:

oh dear oh dear then no thanks

8. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    During the whole broadcast it seemed like Voss-Tecklenburg was ZDFs first choice. She also does have a clause for letting her out of her contract for Germany only

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah... watching the match, it's pretty pointless assessing the positional relevance defense or central mid-field, as Germany's defensive line were allowed to play so high over the 90 mins, they might as well have been the teams 4 mid-fielders lol.

However, it needs to be said that Marozsan still looks awful, and if that's still happening against such weak opposition now, I don't see her decline in form changes in the CM anytime soon either.

10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Are you just saying you're watching the game or are you actually watching the game?

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Your talking about an opening goal that happened thanks to a completely random piece of situational luck; situational luck which simply allowed Schüller's speed to exploit space behind the oppositions defense and score a well taken 1v1.

None of this came through Germany's ability to execute faster ball movement, or accurate long range passing. It was a poor forward pass that deflected it's way into a perfect scenario for Schüller to exploit with her speed.

So I'm failing to see the beauty of this goal, when it's the same nonsense that helped Jones keep her job longer than she ever should have, all thanks to the various random situational goals scored during that stupid ultimatum match set up by the idiotic DFB leadership vs France.

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is the wnt's senior level leadership really so broken now, it can't see or try to remove the clear and obvious elements of systemic failure..?

It's crazy that Germany's youth teams have produced such an incredible run of tournament level success, during a time period the league has gained so much growth in it's domestic talent/competition, but the dummies who lead are still failing to connect the clues behind the senior teams current regression lol.

Katja Greulich left her new senior wnt coaching job after a week, sighting a lack of genuine opportunity to develop as a promising female coach within senior wnt program lol; but the DFB in all it's wisdom/cowardice/apathy are still considering new ways of repeating the exact same mistakes... wow.

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's extended high lights of Linda Dallmann in the Slovenian game. Linda completely dominated, perhaps her best NT game ever, Wish she could play like this against all the opponents, but for instance, at SBC, Jones used her as a secondary role & never got a shot off despite playing in all 3 games. What helped in this one, is the Slovenians moved up their back line just a little, giving almost no space for a over the top pass, but just enough doe Dallmann to take players on, 1v1.
    Kinda interesting though, that under Horst, we've seen two rather dominating performances(Schuller in the first game, Linda in the 2nd). Still don't know what's in the future,. but here's hoping that the DFB perhaps offers him a deal(to stay) that would be to good to turn down!

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, that's been one of the few positives to take away from these two matches; but the second match saw Germany allowed to use Huth and Dallmann down the right side of the field, making it a rather unusual combination you typically won't see again, but one perfectly designed to completely overwhelm the particular opposition on the day.

I mean both Huth and Maier were basically wingers the entire match, with both of them so untested in serious defensive duties, they would even find themselves stepping into CAM roles on more than one occasion lol.

Plus I don't know why you keep mentioning the last three friendly matches for Jones, as that tournament should have never taken place with Germany still having Jones in charge, giving the many players already lacking confidence zero incentive to try and perform at a competent standard in the US.

So even if important players like Marozsan continue to look like zombie's, and a little sign of life from others may finally suggest the potential of more to come, just acknowledging the massively different quality of the opposition, I doubt these last two matches have any correlation with the She Believe's Cup...

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Even if it was a match that should have seen Germany score more goals, I personally think this tactic of the Slovenian's sitting so deep was a big reason behind Petermann's introduction for Schüller, and her beneficial impact for the team during the 2nd half too.

This because Petermann's ability to play with her back to goal and showcase smarter/mature movement around the oppositions penalty zone, created many more problems for already overworked Slovenian defense, in ways that would lead to Germany having better chances, and directly to Petermann even assisting Popp for the games 3rd goal.

So with new captain Marozsan having 36 goals in 86 matches, I still don't understand why Germany continue to waste time forcing the use of two traditional forwards anymore, at a time it's increasingly obvious their most creative players and best goal scorers outside of Marozsan are still all AM's...

But at least Petermann showcased potential for why she could be a better #9 than many currently think, and this during a game the opposition tried really hard to eliminate lot of opportunities for all German forwards to accomplish anything without an ability to go 1v1.

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh, and does anybody really believe Knaak's going to stay around after this...? I've never thought she possessed international level qualities as a wide attacker, and feel there's names like Schwalm - Gwinn - Gerhardt - Orschmann as new or better wide options coming into view for senior selection too.

So with Wedemeyer's selection based on reasons outside of her actual performance, Peter and Henning looking like bad memories never to be seen again, surely the Islacker, Blässe, Kerchowski experiment should be ending soon, with Kayikci probably looking over her shoulder, no..?

Remove Islacker and Kayikci, push Marozsan into the forwards list containing Popp - Schüller - Petermann - Huth. It's obvious Siems will replace Blässe, joining Simon - Faißt - Maier as the main FB's. Leaving the CM and CB's (and possibly GK) the last places for the next coach to have serious analysis work bringing in credible new options.

17. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Youd know Knaak performed well if you had seen the game.

18. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Islacker shouldn't be anywhere near the NT lol, neither Blässe, Kerschowski, Peter or Henning ugh :confused: Kayicki shouldn't get kicked off the team, she's done quite well sometimes I've seen her play... Still I think Germany don't need anyone else than Popp and Schüller playing forward, I mean, I've never been really impressed by Petermann. Yes her performances lately for Freiburg have been decent, but not good enough for NT

When's Simone Laudehr coming back though..?

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I like Kayicki's natural ability to score technically difficult goals, but if it means improving the national teams overall ability to pose a legitimate offensive threat, I'd rather both Kayicki and Islacker be left out in future, so Marozsan can finally join the list of forwards.

88 games with Popp never being a regular forward in this team, she has 41 goals to her name. Over 86 matches for a team Marozsan's been used everywhere but a CAM/#10, she's still scored 32 goals. So why are the coaches still forcing a narrative about Kayicki or Islacker...?

I mean helping to change a game, both Schüller and Petermann's traits seem to offer more to the team, where one is a quick and dynamic forward, and the other is physically robust and technically strong.

So Kayicki, and definitely Islacker, can't or haven't even shown an ability to do that, with Kayicki remaining a huge question mark as long as this team remains completely incapable of playing the quicker one and two touch football that best suits her style.

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Petermann's a really strong forward in the areas of possessing good technique, good awareness of what's around her, and playing with her back to goal. But when it comes to scoring goals, it's definitely hard to see her ever getting a starting place for the national team.

However seeing how she's still aged 24, with the current abilities she's displaying I also can't see why she won't continue to improve her abilities to score goals within a more direct Potsdam side... meaning I wouldn't dismiss her so soon.
    If she's not coming back to play a CM role, I really don't think it matters anymore. Yes she'll be missed, but knowing how bad the defense was allowed to stagnate, the coaches have to look towards it's future now, and start addressing the promotion of the next generation of mid-field talent.

21. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well I believe Simone has one more tournament - the possible WC 2019 and then possible the Olympics 2020. Either as a CM or DM... and not in a 4-4-2 system...

22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I think right now, it;s the most important thing is not the players but who's going to be the coach/ And once again, it's a shame that Horst doesn't want the job, since he twice proved he can get the best game out of their careers in both Schuller & Dallmann, and might possibly do the same of the other players as well(if he sticks around).

Here's a question; do you think that if the German's men's team don't win the WC again(or even flubs) will they go back to finally taking a serious look again at their woso program?

Because otherwise you'll have once again get maybe something like Nadine Angerer(who says she's interested in that previous link/interview) using her fine, current GOAL KEEPING coaching( at Portland) skills on to work, lol

23. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Why would a potential semi-final flop for Die Mannschaft help the women's program when years of success within the youth teams and the senior team for that case hasn't?? o_O

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It would be great having an in form Laudehr leading Germany's CM at the next WC, but there's so many factors that could stop that from happening, I still believe it smarter for the next edition of the wnt coaching staff to start addressing the lacking options for credible international CM/DM's.

The fallacy of Germany not having more CB options is gradually being exposed now, and the worst thing would be seeing the narrow perspective on CB's move into the analysis of credible CM/DM options.