State of the Forum Poll - Women's College

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Crimson Ace, Nov 2, 2009.

?

State of the Women's College Forum?

1. The forum is great.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The forum is okay - but room for some improvement.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The forum is a mess.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Crimson Ace

Crimson Ace Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 4, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Message from BigSoccer:

All - We are asking all forum members to give us some feedback about the state of our forums. We would be grateful if you would take a few moments to vote in the poll, but more importantly post your thoughts about how things are going in this forum. Anything is fair game - the moderators, the quality of the discussion, the amount of traffic, the forum structure, etc. Voting is useful, but we are most interested in ways you think BigSoccer and specifically this forum can be improved -- what we are doing right or wrong, and your thoughts generally about your use of this forum.

Thank you for any feedback you can provide!

1 person likes this.
  2. bmoline

bmoline Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Champaign
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I voted in the "great" category, but it's interesting that the "room for improvement" people haven't offered any comments here. What would you people like to see? I think getting that feedback was the whole goal of this exercise.

3. Crimson Ace

Crimson Ace Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 4, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed.

For those looking for improvement, please let me know your thoughts. This is your opportunity to tell me how you would like us to shape this forum.

We can offer really cool things... like pantless Fridays... you just have to ask. ;)

4. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Pics or GTFO.:cool:

I support this and I read this board at work.

I generally find this board enjoyable and informative, but certain threads are rarely welcoming to lurkers, non-regulars or newcomers. This often comes from egos and unrealistic expectations from some fans/posters. This doesn't allow much room for neutrals. I'm not sure anything should be done about it though. The organization of the board is pretty good and simple for the traffic.

1 person likes this.
  5. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those that are suggestion improvements:

Perhap subfolders for each conference? ACC, SEC, Pac-10, etc?

I know there are threads for each of the conferences.

Just a suggestion to see if that's what you're thinking of for an improvement.

6. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I've liked the idea, but would it be worth it with the current traffic?

7. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's just an idea that I thought of when looking thru the list of threads. Posted it to as an example to try to get some other ideas posted for those that think the forum needs some improvements.

8. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    The main criticism I have is that the search options could be expanded.

I'm not sure why, but I have a devil of a time finding old stuff. I often find I have better luck going to another search engine.

9. Jarndyce

Jarndyce New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Tampa/St. Pete
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the rep system needs to be overhauled. I think rep totals should be broadcasted. Rep helps me sift through the lurkers and noobs and read the informed (90% of the time)...

We need more smilies too. Update those things:(

I actually don't like how most people stick to their team thread. I'd rather have this place be a more open exchange/debate/communication place...

10. thesoccerphantom

Nov 4, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    I voted Great too.
    No pictures on this forum.
    Womens College is always my first stop on Big Soccer.

Agreed, that the regulars make it far too difficult for new comers to pipe in with comments as their players and favorites come of age. Big posters need to go easy on them or they won't come back.

Too many manifesto posts. KISS really works and makes it an easier read.

I really like the conference and team sub category ideas. That will keep the same posters from commenting on teams they have never seen play before and allow neebees to comment on local teams they follow.

Thanks for asking..........

1 person likes this.
  11. bayscr

bayscr New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Santa Clara
    1. Require that people login to take part in the survey.

2. Cut off quotes after "X" lines. Maybe replace it with a link to the original post. I hate having to scroll past a 20 line quote to get to the actual post. Not like any of us reads the 20 line quote.

3. I like the conference sub-folder suggestion. Creates a little organization and might encourage a little discussion by fans of teams other than the one or two in each conference that have threads every year.

4. Creat a subfolder for just UNC and set it so it only appears on computers connected to the internet in North Carolina. Set all the other conference folders so that people on computers in North Carolina can't post to them. Since the rest of us are all UNC HATERS! :rolleyes:

5. Generally I think this is the best forum in the Women's Soccer section.

1 person likes this.
  12. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Best idea I've seen in this thread.:D

13. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I had a vote, I'd get rid of the "It's time to stop the madness ..." thread.

14. IKNOSOCR

IKNOSOCR New Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forum is nice but the reality is that only 22+ will make the national team. I would focus on having sub-forums for each D-1 conference. It would be nice to have sub-boards for each conference to have dialogue around the many players and teams doing good things outside of the few the are discussed...ex. Like it would be nice to hear what is going on in the Miss Valley Conf.; there has to be more discussion on what is going on out there than just ND, NC, Stanford, etc. I guess anyone could start a thread but more may participate and find some additional value if it was already set up. Hard to make the first step! Top Drawer focuses on the top 25... you could create more visits with a one stop covers all option!