Starting Odds For USOC third round.

Discussion in 'US Open Cup' started by Alejo, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So place yer bets gentleman. This is where the USOC really gets interesting.

Here's sum odds to start,and feel free to add and modify ;).

New England vs. Harrisburg

Favorites New England at 1-3

Odds for Upset 3-1

Notes: This is one fixture I believe has the "potential" to be a close contest, due to NE's finiceness and Harrisburgs aparent ability to see a long and difficult match through. I was almost tempted to start things off with NE at 1-2 or possible "Even Money" but in the end NE is still a perenial MLS playoff contender, and they have had plenty of USOC success in the past, soo they "should" be able
    to see Harrisburg home after a slow start out of the gate.

DC Vs. Ocean City Barons

Favorite DC at 5-2

Odds for Upset 10-1

Notes: I mean come on do I even have to explain my starting odds. However, considering the fiestyness of the OCBs thus far, I will also post a side bet.

DC by 3 or fewer goals
    2-1

Chicago vs. Wilmington

Favorite Chicago at 3-2

Chance of Upset 4-1

Notes: Chicago is not going to roll Wilmington right off the bat,like the OCBs they had to pull an upset to get this far soo they've obviously got spunk,but in the end the bhoys from Chitown should have enough depth, and enough USOC experience as a club, to see them through to the next round.

Chivas vs. Charleston

Favorite Chivas at 1-1

Chance of Upset 2-1

Notes: Charleston's current league form, their awesome run last year,their
    performance against DC in last seasons final,
    Chivas's recent lapse in league form, and their rotten USOC track record to date, are still not enough to make me pick the Battery as favorites. Bottom line the Chivas USA club of 09 is a whole different cabra from any other CHivas USA club and should Preki be able to kick them back into the gear they started the MLS season with, they may very well make it to the final.

Columbus vs. Rochester.

Favorite Columbus at 3-2

Chance of Upset 4-1

Notes: Columbus has an axe, albight an old rusty axe, to grind with the Rhinos (the Rhinos beat them en-route to their cup victory)
    and they have begun to return to form in league play, and Rochester barely beat Pittsburgh and Cleveland to make it this far. Bottom line it will take a special kind of magic, from a club that has been lacking in special magic for some time, for the Crew to be ousted by the Rhinos a second time. Nevertheless, Rochester will more than likely have enough discipline to at least make it an interesting match for the first 75 mins or so.

Kansas City vs. Minnesota

Favorite Kansas City 5-2

Chance of upset 6-1

Notes: I honestly don't know a whole lot about these two clubs, but I do know that even though they called down the boom against their first two opponents the Thunder will not find KC soo easy and the Wiz should have no trouble in besting the USL-1 cellar club.

Austin vs. Houston

Favorite Houston 5-2

Chance of Upset 8-1

Notes: Houston should win, in recent matches they have been as red hot as Austin has been blue cold. The only way an upset occurse here is if the Aztex use the crappiness of their home pitch to their fullest advantage, which they have done in matches past after a fashion.

Portland vs. Seattle

Favorite Even money either way

Chance of Upset No favorite soo no chance of Upset

Notes: I can't even begin to describe how I am certain this will be
    not only the best match of USOC 2009, to date, but also the best atmopshere at a USOC match to date.

2. mattmanp

mattmanp Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People in Austin are excited about playing Houston in a meaningful match for the first time so the crowd should be good, but it will probably be pretty evenly split between Austin and Houston.

3. BLG

BLG Member

May 13, 2000
    Moses Lake, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Portland vs. Seattle

Notes: I can't even begin to describe how I am certain this will be
    not only the best match of USOC 2009, to date, but also the best atmopshere at a USOC match to date.[/QUOTE]

You can say that again!! Seattle used to thrive on beating MLS teams when in the USL. Now the shoe is on the other foot with Portland wanting to do the same. Add the rivalry factor, (Portland loves to hate anything Seattle, Seattle gives Portland little respect) and this is THE MATCH that Timber and Sounder fans have been wanting - a meaningful game with bragging rights on the line for at least one year.

BTW it was great to see the pic of Sigi and other Sounders in the crowd at Bremerton on June 9 when the Timbers beat the Kitsap Pumas in USOC play.

4. DoTheVillage

DoTheVillage New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Podunk fans have made a career out of playing up their underdog status.

5. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah but in relation to the on pitch result, do you think 8-1 is a fair beggining odd for an upset?

6. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That being said, what group of "Podunk" fans have a legitimate chance at seeing an upset from their club, lets see sum clubs and sum odds people I got a book ta keep ;).

7. DoTheVillage

DoTheVillage New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Considering the Sounders have a tight schedule over the next few weeks I can see the cinders pulling off an upset. But I don't see it happening.. the Sounders are showing their bench depth.

My orig comment still stands...

8. The Marquis

The Marquis Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Washougal, WA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Timbers Schedule around that match

June 28th vs. Montreal
    July 1st vs. Seattle
    July 2nd vs. Bayern Munchen Amateur
    July 4th @ Minnesota

4 matches in 7 days.

9. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a relief. At least now we know that Portland will be saving their starters for the big Bayern Amateur match. ;)

10. DoTheVillage

DoTheVillage New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Good luck to Podunk.. tuff stuff

11. GOALSeattle

GOALSeattle Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seattle side:

June 28 at home v. Rapids
    July 1 at Portland USOC
    July 11 at home v. Houston

12. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't be surprised if Rochester beats the Crew.

Schelotto, Hejduk, and Padula didn't make the trip. Marshall and Rogers are out, and Carroll is playing with his separated shoulder in a harness. And we are short a player because of the Noonan trade.

We have a huge game with DC at home on the week-end, with a chance to move into first, and then another big game @Chicago the week after. I couldn't think of a worse time (for any of the three teams) to have two USOC games.

It will be as close to an all reserve team as we can manage.