Stars in the shirt of the teams

Discussion in 'Champions League' started by yoni, Jun 17, 2013.

1. yoni

yoni New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Actually in the domestic championships a team can get stars in the shirt (1 star every 10 titles - like Italy) but I propose to UEFA that a team can get stars and a team can lose stars in the shirt.

My idea is bear in mind only the last 50 championship for every country , so if you get 10 titles in the last 50 tournaments you get a star.

When 2013 championship is finished , dont bear in mind year 1963 and so on.

Why? For example Celtic has won 44 titles in all the history , in a few time there isn´t place enough in the shirt to put all the stars.

Some main examples (June 2013) :
    - Real Madrid : 2 stars
    - Barcelona: 1 star
    - Juventus: 1 star
    - Inter Milan: 1 star
    - AC Milan: 1 star
    - Manchester United: 1 star
    - Liverpool: 1 star
    - Bayern Munchen: 2 stars
    - Porto: 2 stars
    - Benfica: 2 stars
    - Ajax Amsterdam: 2 stars
    - PSV Eindhoven: 1 star
    - Anderlecht: 2 stars
    - Club Brugge: 1 star
    - Gornik Zabrze: 1 star
    - Basel: 1 star
    - Grasshopper: 1 star
    - Celtic: 2 stars
    - Rangers: 2 stars
    - Olimpiacos: 2 stars
    - Panathinaikos: 1 star
    - Spartak Moskva: 1 star
    - Galatasaray: 1 star
    - Fenerbahce: 1 star
    - Besiktas: 1 star
    - Goteborg: 1 star
    - Malmoe: 1 star
    - In France - no stars - the best one is Saint Etienne with 9 titles in the last 50 years.

My idea is also for the Champions League. Instead of a star, the team gets a moon.
    The team gets a moon if wins at least 5 titles in the last 50 tournaments.
    Actually ( June 2013):
    - AC Milan: 1 moon
    - Liverpool: 1 moon
    - Bayern Munchen: 1 moon
    - Real Madrid, Ajax and Barcelona needs one title more. Real Madrid has to do it the next 2 years because they won 1966 title. Barcelona has more time because they have won 4 titles in the last 22 years.

And for the World Cup, 1 title in the last 10 tournaments means 1 star.
    Actually ( June 213):
    Germany (74-90) , Argentina (78-86), Italy (82-06) and Brazil (94-02): 2 stars
    France (98) and Spain (10): 1 star.
    So in the next World Cup Brazil 2014, Germany will lose a star (wc 1974) if they aren't the champions

More suggestions will be accepted.

More information in my blog: http://labibliadelfutbol.blogspot.com.es/

2. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Why only take into account the last 50 years? why not the whole history of the club?

yoni repped this.
  3. yoni

yoni New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Only the last 50 years because in a few time there wont have enough place in the shirt to put all the stars , for example Celtic has more than 40 titles and Rangers more than 50 titles. And if bear in mind only the last 50 years you can compare different championship, for example, the scottish and the english leagues have more than 100 years however the Bundesliga only have 50 years. It hasn't any sense that Rangers has 5 stars and Bayern only 2 stars.

My idea is the team can win stars and the team also can lose the stars... this the real objective of my purpose.

4. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    hmm yeah I see what you mean it makes sense I suppose. Only thing is though, that clubs such as Rangers wouldn't want to agree to this because they will feel that they are being forgotten about.

5. josh.haslam75

josh.haslam75 Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    put the starts on the above of team logo
    ?

6. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see arguments both ways. Approaching age 50 myself, I sometimes think that there should be a "rolling record book" of, say, the last 30 years. That way, we can compare teams / players / accomplishments of the current era, instead of worrying about plays from years that start 196* or even 18**.

In the USA, we see both cases. Major League Baseball likes to keep records since 1900 (the "modern era") while the National Football League likes to consider only the Super Bowl era (which is also approaching 50).

7. jeremyhudnall

jeremyhudnall New Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Salem, Oregon
    How about do it like the military. 1st star is bronze color, the fifth silver, 10th gold.