Standard Liege v Arsenal Tickets

Discussion in 'Arsenal Tickets and Travel' started by rurabe, Aug 27, 2009.

1. rurabe

rurabe New Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Does anyone know if it's remotely possible to get away tickets to the Standard Liege match on September 16? Has anyone tried to get away tickets to a Champions League game in recent seasons? I'm visiting from the US and are going to miss them when I'm in London but could probably get to Liege for the UCL game...thanks in advance.

2. Maryland_Gunner14

Maryland_Gunner14 New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    rurbae,

It is tough to get tickets to away matches, especially CL matches. Your best bet is through someone on BS or through a ticket exchange. Though, you will pay through the nose if you use a ticket exchange. I wish we had better news for you. All the best.

Best,
    Josh

3. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd wait to see if it sells out first, it probably will because it's an easy trip from London. But if it does and you really want to go you might try this:

1) Travel to Liege the day before the game.

2) Try to find an English or Irish pub.

3) Identify any Arsenal fans, chat with them and offer to buy them a beer.

4) When you've established a rapport, ask them if they happen to know anyone with a spare ticket.

4. Frankgarrison

Frankgarrison Member

Jul 18, 2002
    Jackson, MS, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You can use a red membership to buy a CL away ticket, assuming it doesn't sell out before it goes to red members. That's how I got my Fenerbahce away ticket last season.

You can also try the members board on the Arsenal site and poke around. There may be someone there willing to help you out.

JP's advice is solid, as well.