Stadio della Roma ** All News & Info **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jan 11, 2012.

1. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Main urban planning issue is that concrete is non permeable and can therefore wreak havoc on delicate drainage/water runoff dynamics in developed areas where large amounts of water are redirected elsewhere. .

For example, key factor in severity of Houston flooding was the extremely high percentage of concreted urban sprawl they have allowed.

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I’m not sure about Rome but Florence had a seismic problem when trying to build. At least they did when I was there but I doubt much has changed. Supposedly the heavier a structure, the worse it is for the ground during an earthquake. At least that is what the engineers and architects and some ’geometri’ told me. Whether it was true or not, I wouldn’t know. I wanted to use my Home Depot plywood many times and wasn’t allowed by the catastali , belle arti , comune etc.

3. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

That's certainly true in Italy about structural steel/concrete. Changing here in the US south as well due to increased "hurricane proofing".

I think though the "concrete" that was a flashpoint in negotiations for the stadium was the actual cubic meters of absorbent green ground to be concreted and not structural.

4. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ummm, the key factor in the severity of Houston was the fact it got 60 inches of rain in 24 hours, the most single day rainfall for any city in the history of the US. Regardless of how much concrete they have, there was going to be massive flooding.

5. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes, it was record rainfall.

However, I was talking about urban planning which plans for drastic situations (or, better, perhaps should).

So, umm, that Houston has far above the average concrete per meter even for an American city -- you know, the prime factor that inhibits urban drainage-- could have played a teeny part then in inhibiting that runoff..

With seemingly everywhere in the world near a coast setting "record" after "record" for rainfall/ powerful storms the past decade, probably no reason to be concerned with diminishing drainage though.

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #2881 falvo, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    A Stadium may have more relaxed building codes that contractors will have to follow. The closer you get to the historical part of the city , the less control you will have on the plans. Everybody and their mother will come forth with a title telling you what you should or shouldn’t do. I’m not sure how many mafiosi are in Roma Capitale but with their help and influence or threats, things may get built sooner. Depending on which one is getting an expensive kickback. I dealt with the misericordia in Florence and they were the biggest crooks in all of Tuscany. Sad that they hide behind religion to effect everyone and everything.

Shen-O and wm72 repped this.
  7. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just when you thought it was over... in typical Italian fashion it's another 2 months until they get the 'next round' of approval. After that it will be 6 more months for the guy with the official seal to actually stamp it. 2 more months for the ink to dry before some other authority has a hearing on it... Cristian Totti will retire and they will still be waiting on the 'final' approval.

http://www.forzaroma.info/rassegna-...i-della-conferenza-liter-durera-altri-2-mesi/

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Everyone needs a kickback......

Java65 repped this.
  9. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If nothing else, the Pallotta tirade when he finally throws in the towel will be solid gold. Italy can't get out of their own way.

10. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's going full Joe Pesci when it happens

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  11. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    These steps which follow the approval of the project are essential administrative ones.

It was reported widely today that they will take three months to complete, enabling work to begin on site hopefully in April, as Baldissoni said he expects.

The construction period is scheduled to last for 2.5 years, so all being well it will be opened in time for the start of 2020/21.

12. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think the Reggio -Messina bridge will be built before this place...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

porreca, Vulpinous and Java65 repped this.
  14. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    With VR it is already built !

ErPupone, chaponga and Java65 repped this.
  19. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Seems fun, graphics are ass though. Looks like a PS2 game.

20. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In Italia si dice aspetta e spera! Or rather, keep waiting and dreaming James! I’m surprised he didn’t forsee this when he bought the club.

22. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure JP understood the Italian culture or political system. Italian-Americans are very different than Italians in so many ways.

24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah that’s true. Especially when it comes to getting things done both in business and construction.

Java65 repped this.
  25. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States