Stadio della Roma ** All News & Info **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love you optimism! Even if it gets the "final" approval I still doubt it ever gets built.

2. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    wm72, falvo, chaponga and 5 others repped this.
  3. Michael Berk

Michael Berk Member+

Apr 21, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    938114813208727552 is not a valid tweet id

chaponga and nahmken repped this.
  4. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Congratulations, the nightmare is finally over!

nahmken, Andreas and Michael Berk repped this.
  5. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'll believe it when I see it.

wm72, Java65, Shen-O and 1 other person repped this.
  6. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    now litigation will commence.

wm72, shiboboo and Shen-O repped this.
  7. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    wm72, shiboboo, Shen-O and 3 others repped this.
  8. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yup.. I remember in my dad's down an apartment building sat empty. The first time I was in Italy was the early 70s and it was there empty. The legal issues with it weren't resolved until the early 2000's.

So we still have a few more decades ahead of us.

9. chaponga

chaponga Member

Roma
    Jul 11, 2011
    Arizona
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So we got the stadium???? Everyone still seems like its a no go..... i'm so confused....

10. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's officially approved to start building in 2018. It's just being Roma fans, we are naturally pessimists, and assume the worst. With our luck, we will start digging, and find an ancient Roman garbage dump that will halt building.

11. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    James has already thought of that and paid off the contractors. Keep digging.

12. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It has nothing to do with being a Roma fan, it's just having a basic understanding of how the Italian system works... or doesn't in these matters.

Shen-O repped this.
  13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #2863 falvo, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    When I was “progettista della ristrutturazione storica” or rather the historical restoration project manager in Florence, every time we came across bones , pieces of statues, ancient formed rocks and bricks , by Italian law, we had to inform the government (comune di Firenze). That would halt construction for over 6 months at a time. In the end , many of the contractors closed their eyes and either hid or failed to report what they had found.

Shen-O, romanista8910, shiboboo and 2 others repped this.
  14. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's even if they break ground in the spring. I'd be shocked if there aren't legal challenges that delay that.

IF they do break ground the one positive I see is that since they already built that racetrack on that site there is nothing there. I know this is much bigger and will cover more area but at least nothing was found during original construction.

15. Marco9

Marco9 Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Canada
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Baldissoni: ‘Roma stadium by 2020’
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Roma CEO Mauro Baldissoni reiterates the aim is to open the new stadium for the 2020-21 season, and Champions League group wins “must become normal”.

The Giallorossi finally got approval for the Stadio della Roma yesterday after years of delays, and hope to be in the new Tor di Valle arena by 2020.

“One the technical approval of the project has been confirmed, other administrative steps will follow,” Baldissoni explained on Roma Radio.

“Then there will be a new step with the regional council, which will provide the definitive permit to start building.

“In the next few weeks the site will be cleared and the funding will be closed, with the aim of starting construction by the end of April, or May 2018.

“The construction time will vary between 26 and 28 months. The goal remains season 2020-21.”

It was a banner day for the Lupi yesterday, as they also topped their Champions League group.

“It must be considered as something satisfying, nothing more, because otherwise we’ll experience these situations as exceptional, but this must become normal.

“Of course we faced two teams [Chelsea and Atletico Madrid] who, in terms of resources and results over the past few years, stood ahead of us.

“We knew our strength and we played, going through the group in first place on merit. This is just one of the steps in the work we’re doing, and it has to be just one step to do even better in future.

“We have to make these situations normal.

“You can be lucky or unlucky in a single game, but over a journey you usually get what you deserve, so we can proudly say that Roma deserved this.

“Now we need to set new objectives to achieve, and not in an exceptional way.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    another step lol?

16. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    damn that bold part made me laugh. Italy is such a joke.

17. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like I said.. I'll believe it when I see it. There is a reason very few Italian teams have their own stadium

Andreas, shiboboo and falvo repped this.
  18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #2868 falvo, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    It could take anywhere from 3-6 months to start work after approvals and permits are met just to start work. Then comes Easter , May 1st, and June 4th. For every holiday , you have to expect a delay in construction for at least a week. Then there is half of July in the blistering heat and all of August. I could be wrong but I’d be surprised if they start in September.

Aspetta e spera!

romanista8910 and nahmken repped this.
  19. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget the random strikes that can happen. Since Italy is not in the WC there might not be as many "strikes" this summer ;)

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If Italy played in the World Cup , that would be another excuse. At least they can’t use that.

21. asroma1982

asroma1982 Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Club:
    AS Roma
    who would pay 2.5 billion for stadium why couldn't they build bayern arena type of stadium but they want this and ticket prices would be in 4 digits probably and half a stadium would be field i wish they would go german ticket prices from 10 euros to 100 or something like that

wm72 repped this.
  22. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well if we are to be honest the project has been made worse in nearly every single way by this administration. Considering what the previous mayor had managed to get and what the current mayor has given away maybe that would not be such a bad thing after all.

23. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still think the net benefit to the city is huge, but yea, I agree the deal before was infinitely better. In exchange for 2 office towers JP was going to pick up the tab for all the infrastructure costs.

24. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It still seems crazy to me. Just about any other city would dream for a stadium project like the original one presented. In American cities, we are lucky if the owners pay anything at all.

shiboboo and Java65 repped this.
  25. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can someone explain the Italians' fascination with concrete? Even the mayor when announcing the approval boasted that the project is using less concrete. Is that just a metaphor for something?