Squad Barometer - Forwards Select 2

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by BorisG, Jul 5, 2017.

?

Forwards - Select 2

Poll closed Jul 5, 2018.
  1. Werner

29 vote(s)
    93.5%
  2. Stindl

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. Gomez

13 vote(s)
    41.9%
  4. Wagner

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Kruse

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. Volland

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  7. Selke

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  8. Platte

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that career 3rd Liga/OL player like Mamba started the season well, does show the potential in lower levels if given the chance.

2BL Action
    -Ducksch scored 2 goals and 1 assist today in a 3-0 win for H96.
    currently at 2 goals and 2 assists in 3 games
    -Teuchert started/played his 1st game of the season and picked up an assist

-Daferner off the bench for the 1st time scored on his 2BL debut!!!
    -Voglsammer and Klos both scored once today as AB won 3-1 vs Aue. Now both at 2 goals in 3 games.

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    seems like the relevant 94 strikers are
    Holer (1BL), Mamba (1BL), maybe Srbeny (EPL, if he can get off the bench) than it goes to Philipp (Russian 1st division, LOL) and Ducksch (2BL).

anyone else? Not counting your destroyed by injuries Yesil. So far not a great age group for strikers.

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    knew I forget someone 94-Glatzel in Championship. Who so far like all these average German strikers who went to Championship, seems unable to do squat.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -not only is Tietz injured for Wehen but now Kyreh as well.....

-looks like Fullkrug is a strong contender to start for Bremen.

"More than Joker in the long run"

Kohfeldt: The plan with filling jug
    In the 1: 3-kick-off against Fortuna Dusseldorf Niclas Füllkrug first had to settle for a place on the bench. The striker, who formulated in the preparation clear claims to a regular place, but now after his long outage due to cartilage damage to move up to the starting eleven.

Actually Füllkrug would have been predestined for a start-up mission against Fortuna Dusseldorf. In the face of disciplined defending and low-ranking guests, the penalty area presence and assertiveness of the mighty center forward seemed to be very much in demand.

After suffering from cartilage damage in his knee last season at Hannover 96, the 26-year-old is "not quite there yet," said coach Florian Kohfeldt. Soon, however, the 6.3 million purchase will certainly appear in the initial formation: "The basic plan is to play with such a striker," announces Kohfeldt. "And it will not be long."

Filling jug in Hoffenheim from the beginning?
    Even in Hoffenheim Füllkrug ran from the beginning, although next Saturday, a different game is expected than last. "If the week is going well, I'll trust Niclas for 60, 70 minutes," Kohfeldt said, "and then he's a start-up candidate."

Füllkrug came after Dusseldorf after 65 minutes for the injured Milot Rashica (suspected fibrous tear in the thigh, accurate diagnosis is still open), could give the game at 1: 3 residue but no turnaround. Nevertheless, his coach rightfully remarked, "He has already shown how much trouble he can cause in a back four, it was very neat of him." In fact, the agile and determined acting pitcher failed only with much bad luck to Dusseldorf keeper Zack Steffen or the lower edge of the crossbar.

"More than just jokers"
    The 1.89 meter tall, with only just over 80 kilos yet comparatively fleet-footed athlete "brings us basically another physique," notes Kohfeldt. "I want him to be more than Joker in the long term." At the very latest in the next home game against Augsburg on September 1, Füllkrug's premiere should be programmed from the start.
    https://www.kicker.de/755886/artikel/kohfeldt_der_plan_mit_fuellkrug

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    94-Mamba does it again, score once again. That's 3 goals in 3 games (2 in 2 in 1BL), scoring in every game for the career 3rd Liga -OL player...........does show the potential of players in lower level. Seems like him and Holer are currently the most productive 94 born strikers and to think back in youth levels both were nobodies and never rated by anyone.......

basically guys who had long route to 1BL panned out more than guys with quicker route.....

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mamba picked up an assist in a 1-1 draw vs Wolfsburg, been productive in every single game this season.
    3 goals and 1 assist in 4 games.

while 93-Roser from 2BL Dynamo has gone down to 3rd Liga and Glatzel keeps starting for Cardiff but has yet to find the back of the net.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and one less 1BL striker as Kleindienst joins 2BL, too many injuries recently.

while Palacios goes from FCN to Jahn, one 2BL club to another.

8. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Germany should look towards a country like Poland for inspiration in how to develop strikers. Lewandowski has been playing in the Bundesliga for close to a decade now and is one of the most complete strikers in the world. There's also Milik and Piatek who continue to rise. It's difficult to define if there's anyone in Germany close to their levels in the near future.

9. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    If only someone like Davie Selke had even half of the predatory instinct and finishing ability as Arkadiusz Milik

10. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know it looks great on YouTube but Milik is no longer a reliable option at Napoli

Pretty much injured for two seasons there , struggle at times n then last season was his only good season... but then looks like Ancelotti still doesn’t like him this season

11. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    I'd still rate Milik to be a class above what Germany has to offer in his age range.

It's also interesting to note that two of the most notable German forwards of the previous generation, Klose and Podolski had Polish roots. For all the flack that Podolski gets, he's finished his international career as the 3rd highest German NT scorer behind Klose and Gerd Müller. He also a demonstrated a clinical scoring presence for the NT especially at an early age that youngsters today like Werner can only wish they had.

Ginczek is another of Polish roots but shame that injuries have affected his career so much. The ship has also sailed for any NT relevance. The injury crisis in striker development for Germany seemed to have began when Patrick Helmes was first starting to emerge at Leverkusen. His career was ruined in succession of multiple major injuries. Julian Schieber was another who fell off even earlier on in his development years. And then there was a whole grim stretch of players that never panned out from Manuel Fischer to Sukuta-Pasu, Mlapa, Thy, Ducksch, Yesil, etc.

Shame that some of the last bonafide NT calibre German strikers have to go all the way back to the Mario Gomez days. Even a non-NT but solid Buli striker like Stefan Kiessling, who scored 20+ goals in the Buli twice, looks difficult to produce again.

Yes there's guys like Stindl and Kruse who have had solid careers, but never became integral parts of the NT. It remains unknown if the likes of Volland, Uth, Füllkrug, and Selke can find their way into the NT picture.

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you forget Petersen and Waldshmidt.:p

but yeah Germany can't produce strikers, we struggle massively, it's nothing new, we've been shit since 2000-present, basically post 90s. I think that the league is harder to breakthrough from Academy as a striker when so many teams play 1 uptop doesn't help. And even if you play 2 uptop, if your 4th or 5th choice you won't get many chances either. It really is all about the club wanting to integrate someone and making space for them otherwise they are forced to take the long route.

it's obvious that striker training in Germany is completely outdated and too many clubs still to this day in U17 and U19 play guys who won't play CF at pro. So basically not dev anyone.

let's hope that those 98-onwards guys can make an impact in next few years.

and speaking of Polish strikers there are more of them in youth levels too....

13. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think the majority of our top striker prospects will be foreign descents too

Like Glatzel who is born n raised in England, Lukas Nmecha started playing footy in England, Adeyemi is Nigerian descent, Gedikli n Matanovic from 2003, Moukoko (born m raised in Cameroon, moved to Germany in 2014) , Malick Sanogo and Kabadayi are still waiting for his German citizenships. Ricardo Wagner(Haiti) , Luis Catijo-Lange (Spanish) and Nelson Weiper (Kosovo) from 05 are two others.

Serra is also Italians Descent but he only has German citizenship

Meanwhile, David Otto, Florian Krüger, Wintzheimer, Anthony Roczen, Jojo Eggestein, Fiete Arp, Burkardt, Jastremski, Max Beier, Woltemade, Rolke, Danny Schmidt, Anton Kade, Keke Topp ... are “pure” German

I don’t think being pure blooded German is important anymore. Some African descents for example offer more physical advantage at young age and their athleticism is more welcoming for the striker position

I expect Fiete Arp Will somehow make it anyway, sometime, somewhere...

Burkardt might develop into a winger , might not be a bad thing since he will always lack the physicality as a classic 9. Also gives way to Danny Schmidt or Akono if both can make it at pro

Woltemade is also interesting

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1314 Ger90, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Glatzel is not foreign descent both parents are German but he's English by birth. And Nmecha is English by adoption, he's German-Nigerian by descent and born in Germany.

is Ricardo Wagner only Haitian with Wagner for a name? That's German name. Same with Weiper doesn't sound like a Kosovar name. Same with Lange, seems like this lot could be dual parentage.

your listing isn't even majority more like half-half.

no one brought up blooded German. Not sure where that comes from.But your 100% wrong about them not being important since these guys can't ditch Germany, it's Germany or nothing for the whole lot of them. That's good thing, in a time where players get poached by other FA all the time.

and those same African descents have barely produced anything, so advantages in youth that amounted to 0 as pros, aka temporary advantages.

15. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What counts isn’t where a player is born but where the player grows up n learns football. Musiala basically moved to England when he was 4, raised there n learnt football there, started his football career in England and all the friends are English kids when he grows up

That’s why I was surprised Glatzel chose Germany because he was born in England n all his friends n teammates are known there.

His parents are German doesn’t mean much. Oezil, Gundogan, Demirbay, Gedikli, Can’s parent are all Turkish but they chose to represent Germany.

What matters is where the player is educated, learn football n where he grows up.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    eh what are you on about? It's like your making shit up.

Musiala moved to England/Chelsea at 8 years old AFTER he was playing in Germany. There are even German links of his time playing in German clubs you can easily find it online. He got poached by Chelsea but started the game in Germany.

LOL he moved to England at 4.

17. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Talked to him before

He migrated to England at 8 but many of his family moved there when he was a baby. And he was travelling there since the age of 4

He learnt football at 6/7, but well almost all of his football friends are known in England. He basically knows no one in Germany . Not even Lasse Günther a few months back

I think who u are suddenly by makes a huge difference.

That’s why I m surprised Glatzel n Nmecha made the move. Nmecha didn’t even play football in Germany. Was playing some primary school competitions n playing in the park then was scouted by Citeh

So his entire football career is based in UK

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    nothing surprising about Glatzel, 2 German parents, speaks Germany, visited numerous times as he has family there.
    and Nmecha said that he decided he wanted to play for Germany since that's where he comes from, even talked to his German mom and everything.And about how he has lots of fondness for the country.

it would be surprising if someone isn't as linked to Germany plays for Germany. All these German-Brits speak German, and have a German parent(s). Even Bennetts, speaks German, German mom, and visited the country numerous times.

Musiala just seems like a Brit wannabe. Why does he have to know anyone? Born in Germany to German mom, started to play football in Germany until he was 8 before being poached by Chelsea. And he did accept German call ups, guess he missed his Brit friends.

don't bring up German-Turks no one wants to play for Turkey unless Germany doesn't want them. Not even close to the same when it's England vs Germany for choices.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this whole convo reiterates my point that full German is a good thing, since they go no option than Germany, no one can poach them.

I got nothing against duals, I'm a triple national myself but those guys can be poached and even if they dev in Germany,once they choose another FA, it does reduce the player pool.

I mean you listed like a dozen dual striker and a dozen full striker. NO WAY you can permanently keep all the dual/triple strikers, because some of the senior NT spots could easily be won by full.

20. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Musiala started playing at 6/7 but it wasn’t anything at all. His favourite sport was table tennis lol

If Glatzel has German parents (only one side) but born in England n grows up there... has to play for Dfb

Then all the Turkish descents in Germany ...should play for Turkey. According to that logic

Nmecha started playing footy in England. All his football pals are English

Kabadayi has Turkish parents, don’t even have German citizenship and still wanna play for Dfb. The Turkish will also call him a traitor.

21. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Recent trend is

Even one is provisionally capped, they are willing to switch to Germany afterwards like Nmecha, Demirbay and Voloder . Some examples Asllani was provisionally capped but still willing to play for Dfb

Some just wanna get an experience early but at the end what matters is senior level. Cap them when they are good enough before 23 to make them permanently capped is what matters

Some are willing to wait until 25/26 to make a final decision.
    Like Orban

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol wth are you on about. Where did I say anything about Glatzel has to play for dfb. Just saying NOTHING surprising about it.

dude eligibility is not based on who dev who it's based on passports/citizenship. Those Turkish descents are German, Glatzel/Nmecha are German, Kabadayi is born in Germany (he's German in my book even if not officially).

it really is a choice who dev who is a thing but not the only factor.

23. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Glatzel is German because of his parents. Nothing else don’t play football here and born in England

So all the Turkish descents should be considered Turkey n play for Turkey Nt? According to that logic? I m not sure

So Gedikli has Turkish parents, speak Turkish too. Even born in Germany, should he play for Turkey not Dfb?

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    wtf are on about? I really feel like sometimes your very dumb. And what's your point? Glatzel is eligible for both same for the Turkish descents, it's called duals aka eligible for more than 1 country. It has nothing to do with dev, but a personal choice on who you want to play. And it's their choice to make, we might like it or not doesn't matter.

I honestly don't know why you always bring up duality out of nowhere, someone brings up German Pole and next thing you know you bring up dual strikers of all kinds and full German strikers OUT of nowhere.

and always find it's a bizarre topic to discuss with you since you overreact to the max about it for no apparent reason and always seem to make stuff up as well.

who could forget how because I said that Germany will eventually lose good talents to other countries not now but in future as our player pool is more and more dual as we advance in age groups......Next thing you know your like,"should we kill them all?" Do a Hitler?" reaction, I mean wtf was that about? You really come up with bonkers psychotic reactions to this topic. How is someone talking about losing players being = with killing? LOL.

Anyways I'm done talking about this topic with you, nothing but stupid ass posts from you.

25. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No because u always claim someone should see Germany as his home (aka Musiala, Kutucu n co.) but they shouldn’t

We steal players like Glatzel n Nmecha who were all developed elsewhere too. Yes Glatzel has German parents but is basically born n raised there all his life

Musiala was raised in England n play football there. Before he was a ping pong ball player in Germany

Having a German parent or born here doesn’t mean shit

According to your logic, all Turkish descents in Germany should all play for Turkey only. Because they all have Turkish parents!