Squad Barometer - Forwards Select 2

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by BorisG, Jul 5, 2017.

?

Forwards - Select 2

Poll closed Jul 5, 2018.
  1. Werner

29 vote(s)
    93.5%
  2. Stindl

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. Gomez

13 vote(s)
    41.9%
  4. Wagner

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Kruse

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. Volland

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  7. Selke

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  8. Platte

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #501 Ger90, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Gomez scores his 2nd goal of the season to tie the game 1-1 vs his old team Wolfsburg, fitting.

Wagner complete rubbish striker, Petersen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wagner. Watching Freiburg vs Bayer and Petersen is doing well even without scoring. Good link up play with his teammates.

also Low attended, last week Freiburg vs Dortmund in which Petersen scored a double.:thumbsup:

in other updates Kruse scores his 5th of the game to tie the game 1-1 vs 10 men Schalke.
    https://imgtc.com/w/wLflMqf

BorisG repped this.
  2. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thomsen and Ger90 repped this.
  3. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well . Reus /Müller /Sane even Schürrle could play as backup for werner. Stindl is also there , but yes Gomez due to his experience could take the spot. Even if he would only probably see a few minutes in The World Cup. Possibly as a sub ... late in a game but don’t think as a starter

Ger90 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dani Schahin with an assist before being subbed off in the 32nd minute, as Roda are losing 2-1.

also Roser in 2BL scored his 7th of the season.

5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    2 votes on Wagner wtf

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  7. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mario Gomez, Sandro Wagner......... are they really better than Davie Selke and Niclas Fullrkug now?

Apparently as a backup striker/plan B to Timo Werner, its more ideal to play with a veteran striker, as we want a proven plan B. And i think in terms of talent and experience, Mario Gomez might be more ideal

But i think both youngsters provide something quite similar to the veterans: they are both big and strong, probably in better club form so far this season and both are aerial threats. Selke and Fullkrug are probably more agile and faster

Mark Uth is more in the same category as Timo Werner, morel like a fat deep lying striker

If Timo Werner cant perform well enough during WC, this backup striker might have a chance to be our starting striker too. I think this is my current pecking order:

Mario Gomez > Selke > Fullkrug > Wagner

Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I also prefer Gomez, because he has more experience at the top flight whether 1st division, CL or NT. People here judge players too much based on club form. Sure it makes sense to judge players when they are newbies on club form but the veterans there is more to it than just that. No one should forget that both Stuttgart and Wolfsburg are relegation fighting teams. It's not like he's been playing on some amazing teams this season, even last season he basically saved Wolfsburg from relegation.

This season Gomez, has been more of a holding striker, which was 100% the case when he played for Wolfsburg letting other players score like Origi etc.

My problem with Fullkrug is that he has 0 International experience, never even played in Youth International tournaments. No EL or CL experience either. This season is his 1st really season in 1BL. Selke at least had U21, Olympics, EL (where he performed) and this is his 3rd real season in 1BL. Besides I find that Fullkrug has scored too many scrappy goals or PK this season for my taste. He could be a choice for EC2020 but I think WC18 is too early for him.

Wagner should not be involved at all, Petersen is a better option.

9. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How many of Fullkrug's goals is from PK? yeah he lacks the exposure

but i think there should be a balance between club form and experience. Why spain failed in 2014 was because Casillas and Villa those were still integral part of the team. Casillas ahead of De Gea? something is more than experience

For instance, i think ter Stegen should be used ahead of Neuer; i'd use Emre Can ahead of Khedira and maybe bring in Gnabry ahead of Draxler/Brandt and co.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #510 Ger90, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    3 of his 9 are PK and plenty of his goals were scrappy/lucky even a few goals that only happened because of deflections.

your right about Casillas but wrong about Villa. Spain vs Netherlands and Chile the starting striker was the at that point newbie and useless Diego Costa, both games he started he barely provided anything. The one game Villa even played, he also started was vs Australia and he scored in that game.

during the 2013-2014 season, both Costa and Villa played in the same club Atletico Madrid and Costa had double the amount of goals that Villa scored. Yet International experience trumped club in this scenario.

it's like if Werner can't score, you want to rely on Fullkrug who has even less experience than Werner. Or do you go after guys with years of top flight experience to remedy a problem?

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    23 year old Lukas Gortler of the Eredivisie team Utrecht scored his 1st goal of the season off the bench in a 1-0 win.

Now at
    2 goals and 3 assists in 17 games in all competition.

12. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    For now, maybe i''ll choose Timo Werner and Mario Gomez, maybe Selke as 3rd option

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Terrode scores his 4th goal for Koln and 6th of the season as Frankfurt lead 2-1.
    https://streamja.com/Avd

Lasogga scores his 8th of the season in a 2-1 loss.
    https://streamable.com/anxkb

Sebastian Polter scored his 12th of the season in 2BL. Has a decent chance to win the top scorer.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Terrode with his 7th goal of the season, as the game is 4-2 for Frankfurt.
    https://streamja.com/N0e

currently at 5 goals in 5 games since moving to Koln.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #515 Ger90, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Mario Gomez with his 5th assist of the season as he assists another German striker in Ginczek for the 1-0, who scored his 4th of the season.
    https://imgtc.com/w/XyQSWKa

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lennart Thy with his 6th assist of the season as VVV tied Groningen 1-1.

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Marvin Ducksch scored his 12th goal of the season in a 2-2 draw. Now back at the top of the scoring table in 2BL.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Palacios Martinez has yet to score for FCN but he registered his 4th assist since joining in Winter.

Lucas Roser with the assist as Dynamo won 1-0.

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gomez scores his 3rd of the season to give Stuttgart the 1-0 lead. Between his winning goal assist in one game and forcing an own goal for the winner in another as well as scoring himself. He's done a decent job since his return.

https://streamja.com/Q4R

BorisG repped this.