Spurs vs West Ham, PL, April 27th, 7:30 am ET

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Spurs look to preserve their 100% record at the new stadium with the visit of West Ham United. We all know this will be their cup final so expect a tough game as the visitors players will all be gunning to become the first away man to score at the new ground and spoil our CL qualification hopes.

I have no idea what kind of team Poch will select with the first leg of the CL vs. Ajax looming on Tuesday. It may just be a question of who is still standing with Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Aurier and Kane all out.

2. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know, I know, Watford, but...

3. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Lloris

Alderweireld
    Sanchez
    Davies

Foyth
    Dier
    Dale
    Rose

Eriksen

Son
    Lucas

Not sure I fully understand the Foyth at RWB experiment given Trippier and KWP are on the bench, but he did pretty well there the other day (was it the City league game?)

COYS!

4. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Slightly worrying the team facing Ajax on Tuesday will be weaker than this one.

Well in attack at least

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This was not the type of performance your club needed ahead of the CL match up this Tuesday.

6. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    It had to be them.

7. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    This is where our relatively small squad bites us every time.

BalanceUT repped this.
  8. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Disappointing. Even 1 point would be helpful towards staying in top 4.

9. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    If our players showed half as much passion as Noble, we'd have gotten a point yesterday.

10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Nothing new here, squad limitations (when Janssen is getting on the pitch, you know your squad is limited) and the players looked like they had one eye on the CL game. Forwards were poor, too slow on the ball and too slow to play a pass. and Dele especially was guilty of overplaying.

Sanchez had his usual rickett, not reacting quick enough to the threat of Antonio on the goal. I would say he is about 90% there as a defender, but he has this terrible knack of switching off at the critical moments and not reacting to danger. Our second half performance was shocking.

Fortunately and incredibly, the 3 teams behind us all failed to win, which leaves us somehow on the verge of CL qualification, despite having lost 6 of our last 10 games in the league.