Spurs vs Chelsea, PL, Sun., Dec. 22, 11:30 am ET

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Remember Jose's first press conference? "There is not one manager in the world who doesn't like young players..."

Well, I think we have the one who doesn't. Since he came in, Foyth, Sessegnon, Lo Celso and Ndombele have barely played, while some kind of combination of the Dier-Sissoko-Winks 3-headed monster gets wheeled out every game.

2. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Horribly idiotic fans. Are they ignorant of the history of Spurs being subjected to anti-semitic abuse because of the club's connection to Jewish fans. Do they not see the parallel and doesn't the irony just smack them between the eyes? Egad... First we hire the most toxically narcissistic coach in the history of any sport, then we start having fans that racially abuse black players.

I'm not watching matches because of The Not-Really-All-That-Special-One as manager. If the club doesn't deal with these fans with a heavy hand I may just have to give up on English football as an entertainment. Choosing another team is disingenuous. I do have long-term favoritism towards Wednesday, but things seem weird there, too. Hmmm... Brexiting?

3. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    I think the clubs in England do a good job of dealing with the perpetrators (CCTV, lifetime bans, official charges with the police, etc.), that is not the problem. The problem is a society (and not just in England) that accepts this kind of behaviour. This is how fascism took hold, not because of the racists, but because of the non-rascists who sat quietly by and let it take hold. Because for every imbecile that gets charged and punished, unfortunately there will be many others just like him who will crawl out of the woodwork.

BalanceUT repped this.
  4. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Against Chelsea no less. I mean if you can’t the moral high ground against that club you’ve sunk really low.

BalanceUT repped this.
  5. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    And now a Chelsea supporter has been accused of rascist chants towards Son.

Sigh.

I have cousins in London who are Chelsea supporters and beyond the banter, they are just as depressed as me. We are sons of Cypriot immigrants in London and our parents and uncles and aunts of the first generation suffered racism at the hands of the English - this was decades ago, it should not be happening in 2019 but it is.

I think Gary Neville was spot on with his comments on Sky and the presenter, Dave Jones, was an absolute disgrace as he tried to shut down the discussion. That is what I was talking about in my post above, people like Dave Jones and Sky Sports, by trying to shut down the discussion and hiding behind comments like "These are not the views of Sky Sports" are only facilitating the racists.

BalanceUT repped this.
  6. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Try to hold a balanced debate"...?

That's the classic way to elevate a deplorable position to equitable standing. Good people on both sides. As people? Maybe. Those people's behavior? Deplorable, and there is no debate that could or should be had on that.

Those Spurs fans behaved deplorably and should receive lifetime bans. Period.

Golara repped this.
  7. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Clearly someone from Sky was whispering in his ear to shut down the discussion. Ok, Sky can do whatever they want with their broadcast, they have paid billions for the TV rights, but it doesn't dismiss them from their moral obligation as journalists to address the relevant issues, and supporters at PL grounds making racist gestures and taunts comes with the package, whether the uppety-ups at Sky like it or not.

8. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia
    why didn't Winks play this match? was he exhausted, or was it tactically reason by Mourinho?

9. omaro

omaro Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saudi Arabia

hahaha Jones really try to change the topic and Neville asking him..

i wish i can find the full video of this

10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    He is rubbish.