Spurs Transfer News 2017 - There is a Disturbance in the Force

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by soccernutter, Jan 10, 2017.

1. mjg9

mjg9 New Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Fair enough. Certainly he would need work, but in the current formation I think the drop off from Rose to Davies would be heavily felt. We're very dependent on Walker and Rose bombing forward. I guess we will see, as Rose is sitting on quite a few yellows so Davies will be needed eventually.

2. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you imagine having Bale and Walker on opposite sides of the field? Talk about the potential for a quick counter attack...

And the latest is that Man City are looking a Davies.

Man City are desperate.

4. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and with Vertonghen injury, no way Spurs sell Davies

5. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Man City will get a fairly short answer to that one. Vertonghen looks to be missing for a while, so there's a left sided centre back position up for grabs for either Wimmer or Davies. Also worth noting that Vertonghen will probably be 30 by the time he kicks a ball for us again, so there is a very possibility that the next few months are an audition for Ben Davies to grab himself a long term future in that role.

6. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Carroll to Swansea confirmed, 4.5m. Chance for regular starts, good luck son.

Count Chocula repped this.
  7. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    former Spur Jake Livermore transfer from Hull to WBA

good move for him

8. calmanalysis

calmanalysis Member

Aug 16, 2008
    NYC
    @TFC Ajax Owning Jake Livermore is like having a license to print money :)

9. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    He was one year at Arsenal at the age 8 to 9, wouldnt give them lot much credit for his development.
    Ridgeway Rovers, a very small club, is where he spent most of his time in child football before he joined Spurs at age 11.

Danny Rose had just turned 17 when he joined us, played mostly youth football for two years before he got involved with senior team. In the eyes of UEFA Rose is club trained by Spurs, though most fans (of all clubs) will look at his case and say he's a Leeds academy product.

10. leocal11

leocal11 Member+

Feb 7, 2005
    San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ulloa angry at LC and says he will never play for Ranieri again. Not saying we are pursuing anyone , but Would we want him I wonder?

11. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he scores goals, which is more than can be said for Janssen

but I am guessing probly not a good fit for this squad/Poch

12. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    30 years old... seems to have an attitude... doesn't want to be a squad player... I think it's a no.

soccernutter repped this.
  13. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    12.31 GMT: Tottenham have been linked with a move for another striker, with the Daily Mirror claiming they are interested in signing Feyenoord's Ozancan Kokcu in the summer.

14. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    10.12 GMT: Will Tottenham be conducting any business before the transfer window closes? Well, The Sun claims that Spurs are monitoring Jay Rodriguez and will make a move for the striker if he is told by Southampton later today that he is free to leave the club.

The Sun reports that the Saints have agreed to a £17m deal for Napoli's Manolo Gabbiadini, with his arrival likely to spark the departure of Jay Rodriguez.

The Sun reports that Southampton are ready to listen to offers for Rodriguez, who it says would cost in the region of £15m.

15. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Dier to United for 40 mil - now that is the craziest one I've heard in a long time...

17. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    How about Dembele – the one we signed, then scuppered for £5m or £10 – for a price now of £40

18. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    This is where Levy's brinkmanship comes back to bite us. Throughout the whole negotiation, Fulham inisted they wanted him loaned back for the rest of the season (they were in a relegation scrap). Spurs then agreed the fee of 5 mil, but at the last minute Levy changed the terms to scrap the loan and Fulham pulled out. Exactly the kind of player we need. Like you say, he will go for 40 mil and if it's Chelski, that will just add insult to injury.

19. El_Mittinho_ii

May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I know we have more pressing things to worry about right now (a 60-61 style double for one thing) but behind the scenes there will be all sorts going on with regard to next year's squad.

So go on then, you the manager - decent budget, reasonable big club pull, London living, a young and vibrant squad with good character, popular in the press. Who you having, who you ditching?

Playing 3 up front rather than 3-1, we have Son, Lamela and Janssen as backups. Zaha has been widely talked about (excellent season he's having), surely he only comes if one leaves - the obvious would be Janssen, but that leaves us thin at no.9 in case of long term injury. Better to have a genuine 9 as well as Son. Surprise exit for Lamela?

The other concern for me is cover for Wanyama. Dier is of course the perfect fit, but we miss him at the back with no other real option at RCB. The question for me is whether we trust CCV to be a genuine option next year or bring in someone (Michael Keane would get my vote).

For completeness, I'll save everyone the bother of having to write my final point. Winks is a genuine option as a replacement for Dembele. The supporting 10s/inside forwards are well covered as above, and Onomah has not let anyone down when called upon. Ergo there is no point to Moussa Sissoko.

20. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    If I'm the manager, I'm going to get on the phone to Mauricio Pochettino - wherever he's working - and say, "Mauricio, what would you do if you were in my shoes?"

21. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I'm the manager, I power up my Football Manager, look at my squad, and buy accordingly. ;)

In reality, I think Spurs need a more liable CB than Wimmer, and a better fill-in winger than Sissoko, though it looks like NKoudou might be the guy. Also, what is the real status of Njie?

22. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Guys , when is pochetinos contract expires with spurs..?

23. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Never.[emoji4]

24. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    well i love to see him coaching NT , his style will suit us hope after 2018 he will come home

Phillyspur repped this.
  25. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Doubt he'll be interested at this stage of his career, think it expire 2021