Sporting Kansas City in the Media

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by hipityhop, Jan 17, 2011.

1. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Not a lot of middle ground in the impressions our technical staff and management have on players, is there?

2. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I take it you're juxtaposing convey/claros with say Kamara/Espinoza experience?

3. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yes. Herculez Gomez would fit in there as well.

4. MuddyPitch

MuddyPitch Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Liberty
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone explain to me how two people without majority control could transfer shares between the two and result in majority control. Is there something I'm missing?

7. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    25 shares + 26 shares > 49 shares.

I'm probably missing something basic though.

8. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right, but transferring shares cannot create them (can it?), I'm not entirely sure how whomever was majority owner would no longer be.... and so therefore I don't know why Robb would have to transfer any in order for the two to be majority - they either would control the majority shares before (and after) a transfer, or they wouldn't. Unless I'm missing something.

9. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I looked through Google Patents and came up with this as the only one who has Pasha as an "assignee" and it shows it being assigned to "Sporting Innovations LLC, MO" in the Legal Events section:
    https://www.google.com/patents/US20140067500

And then there's these which he is in the Inventor section but not the assignee:
    https://www.google.com/patents/US20140258100
    https://www.google.com/patents/US20130238459

And these from Cerner:
    https://www.google.com/patents/US20120171649
    https://www.google.com/patents/US20100106528
    https://www.google.com/patents/US20060136267

10. glenthas

glenthas Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I'm understanding this correctly, it's saying Pasha had 20%, Robb had 20% and OnGoal, which Robb is part of, had 60%. So, Robb transferred half of his OnGoal shares, not his personal ones, giving Robb and Pasha majority ownership rather than OnGoal.

11. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still seems like he wouldn't be able to do that any more than he could just transfer the shares to himself personally.

12. SportingKCFan

SportingKCFan Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Legally it doesn't work the way Pasha is alleging. If I own 20% in company x and company x owns 60% of company y, I cannot transfer my indirect ownership in company y, all I could do is transfer my 20% in company x (if that is even allowed under the governing documents of company x), which if it occurred would not get the new owner any control over company y as the other owners of company x would still be in control of company x and company x controls company y. Strange allegations.

13. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I read the article as

SI
    20% Pasha
    20% Heinemann
    60% OnGoal

As OnGoal is 20% Heinemann
    20% of 60% is 12 %

20+20+12 = 52% controlled by Heinemann and Pasha

Blando13 repped this.
  14. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right, but why would Heinemann need to transfer anything to Pasha to make this work? Just because Pasha wouldn't agree to it without greater ownership?

15. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get the ownership of the OG shares out from under OG?

16. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So he can only do that if he gives them to someone else? Seems like if you can control shares you control them. But then, I'm not a businessman so what the hell do I know.

17. Luke Campbell

Luke Campbell Member

May 16, 2013
    Liberty
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I guess this is the best place for this. I'm thinking of getting on twitter for the sole purpose of keeping up with Sporting news. Those who are on twitter, can you suggest some folks worth following for this purpose?

18. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sporting KC, Sam McDowell (beat writer), TheBackpost, are the 3 big ones, I guess I'll throw mine out there too downthebyline

19. Luke Campbell

Luke Campbell Member

May 16, 2013
    Liberty
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Thanks Buzz. I think you've earned the right.

20. KC96

KC96 Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I never watch the SKC made MatchDay videos - although I should have prior to yesterday's game as it looks like I missed out on some low priced concession deals :(

However, I stumbled across this scene at the end of the MatchDay video touting the SKC-RSL-semifinal. For me it was hilarious, well done, and a great jab at our rivals.

[​IMG]

http://www.sportingkc.com/video/2015/08/11/matchday-sporting-kc-vs-real-salt-lake-august-12-2015

Audio transcript of this 2 second scene: "You're not scary, Leo!"

Leo is the RSL mascot - although this looks like a mocking, stand in cute-sy lion substitute, and not an actual Leo the Lion(tm) RSL mascot toy.

The nice touch of having the MLS Cup Championship listing (won over RSL in 2013) in the background, and the two US Open Cup titles (which RSL has never won) closer to the foreground rubs it in more.

Most hilarious SKC-made cut down of another team I've seen since "Brisket Bob".

And it is in line with the "Canadian stereotype TFC lineup" on the in-game scoreboard introductions in 2011 after Toronto failed to send photos of their players to SKC staff in time.

The ownership group is certainly living up to the "tone of irreverence" they stated they wanted to have since day one. I wondered at the time what that meant. Now I know.

21. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't be too sad. The prices were great, but the concessions were just a joke. I don't know where they get these people from, but we stood in line for 45 minutes only to watch the person behind the counter serve exactly 6 patrons! And, because she didn't know how to draw a beer, I watched her pour out more beer than she served. It was pathetic.

22. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    They've been having the $1 hot dog / $3 domestic pints deal from 5:30-6:30 (for a 7:30 start) for the last few months. As BenDover said, though, the people working these stands are very bad at their jobs. However, the fans are even worse at queuing up. There were a billion fans at the northwest, southwest, and "Smoke and Grill" (on the east) concession stands, and absolutely no one at the southeast or Papa Johns (who were also doing the deal and offering $3 Sporting Saison pints!) concession stands. I went back for food three times, and a bunch of idiots were standing in 20-people long lines at Smoke and Grill. I would walk straight up to the Papa John's counter (zero people in line) and get my $1 hot dog with better $3 beer in less than a minute.

[​IMG]

Luke Campbell repped this.
  23. SportingKCFan

SportingKCFan Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  24. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    And the SKC/SEA game this weekend is on the list.

If ever a game screamed "punt" by both teams it's that fixture. We've got the Open Cup Final and they've got key CCL action.

We're starting 10 of 11 current first teamers tonight in Houston instead of this weekend at home for a reason. I expect a second XI at home against Seattle as many starters are rested for Philly.

Conversely, I think Seattle will also play the game undermanned.