Spider-Pig, does whatever a Spider-Pig does... - NSROT [14 - R]

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Skizz, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Right little Ronaldo you are!! :D

2. Mr Vexed

Mr Vexed New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    The Endz, LDN
    so your a diver then??

3. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I think everyone has done at one time or another.

4. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm 17 years old and am playing with full age adults - if some prat wants to harass me then he isn't going to get away with it lightly. If he wants to hit me in the neck from behind, then he needs to learn the consequences.

5. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do ;)

6. Mr Vexed

Mr Vexed New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    The Endz, LDN
    completly disagree, there is nothing more irritating when some fairy goes down like a sack of shit when you've barely touched them. i hated it when i was playing, and i hate when i see drogba, ronaldo and co perform olympic gold medal dives every week.

it really does piss me off. ive never been good at acting and id be too embarressed to do it in the first place.

and as for being 17 and playing adult football, i started playing semi pro at 15, and on a sunday as well at 16. its all good for you, its part and parcel to get kicked to f*ck by older geezers. i know if im playing when im 40 odd im gonna be kicking lumps out of yutes. anyways, it will toughen you up, take the rough with the smooth.

right thats me off my soapbox. i'll simmer down.... for now.

7. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Eh? I used to, not anymore though.

8. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Firstly, be careful of your wording, as you have effectively called me a diver, as well as "some fairy who goes down like a sack of shit when you've barely touched them."

I was lightly nudging him in the back while marking him. That is "part and parcel" of the game if anything. Perhaps the guy who reacted angrily enough to first kick out at me, and then come from behind and hit me, needs to learn that. What I did was part of the game - what he did were off the ball incidents.

The mentioning of my age was not to start a competition of who started playing certain levels of football at a younger age.

You say that you played semi-professional football at a young age, yet you believe that "its part and parcel to get kicked to f*ck by older geezers." Maybe that happens every now and then, but at the level I am playing at, below semi-professional level, there are generally athletic players who have enough skill to make a legitimate tackle.

Good attitude there...

Simmer or boil on your soapbox all you like - we're chatting on the internet - do you think I really care?

9. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh come on!!! not a bobcats fan?

(i do not support the NBA in any fashion. only my beloved tarheels)

10. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I've never really liked the NBA. I used to be a fan of the Rockets when I lived in Houston, and Charles Barkley was my hero... but meh. I'm a Tarheel basketball fan, and now a niner basketball fan, and that's pretty much it.

I did get a Bobcats jersey a few Christmases ago though... sooo. *shrug*

11. TheLastLineMonster

TheLastLineMonster New Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Carolina
    i miss it being the hornets in charlotte. i was a part of the junior hornets program. i went to a ton of their games, i got to see michael jordan play them back when he was with the bulls.

12. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Well to be honest mate you're not meant to be doing that so yes, it may be part and parcel of the game, but if someone swings at you you need to remember that you were doing it to gain an advantage on them and sometimes people react like that. I'm not saying take the punch, just maybe exaggerating it is gaining an unfair advantage as you were poking him. So in the least offensive way, you can't come out smelling of roses, know what I mean?

Well obviously if you're playing at a higher level you are good enough to do that, but you have to take the pace and roughness of that level, I don't think it's a means of competing when he mentioned it.

Come on mate there's no need for that. You wouldn't have posted your story for no reason, so there's no need to say you don't care what other people think - bear in mind this is a discussion forum, so people are bound to give opinions - it's the nature of the board.

13. wrekinrak25

wrekinrak25 Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA

tar heels own...roy williams is a god...i only follow UNC cuz we havent got an nba team in atlanta

14. TheLastLineMonster

TheLastLineMonster New Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Carolina
    ok let me brace myself for a beating before i say this... ok... im suited up for my punishment... :i like duke

15. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I get you, and that is more then fair enough, but I cannot see the logic in somebody who believes that kicking, punching or taking chunks out of young players is more acceptable then the over reaction of the receiving player.

Of course, my logic will vary to others, which makes discussions more interesting.

You misunderstood me there. I was saying that I don't care whether he "simmers" for now or not. If I didn't care about his opinion, then I wouldn't reply to it. To me, it doesn't matter what tone he chooses to write his posts in, but rather his content - it just means that I will converse in a tone of equal sharpness, which is what I chose to do in my reply to his opinion, therefore validating my tone.

16. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Fair enough. But on subjects like diving people can have very strong opinions, I just wanted to diffuse any (potential) WWIII before it started.

17. wxcblue

wxcblue Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Cardiff, Wales
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I'm with r&w on this one, if someone goes through the back of me (with reasonable force) i'm going down, especially if they give me a forearm in the back of the head because imo that aint diving, but it's how you deal with it too, the guy was obviously looking for a reaction, some people will get up and go for the guy which is probably what he wanted, some people will lie there and wait for the physio/trainer to come on to recieve treatment, personally depending on the force of impact i'd just get up and walk away, because most of the time that winds them up even more.

18. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I think, any push/tackle/whatever that the average Joe would not fall over when facing, if you go over on that, that's diving for me.

19. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    LOL! Ahh Im late to this thread but that's just funny. I feel so sorry for those guys sometimes, they just get abused.

20. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Ah well. In honor of the film, it's an avatar change. Don't worry, the ladies with mahoosive wahongas will be back in a few weeks. Makes my posts more interesting to look at ;)

21. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lol r and w, its just that in england that is the stereotypical thing to do...i think people are stuck in the 1960s here instead of playing safely, 2 footed potential leg breaking tackles and blatent disregard for another players safety is not acceptable in my opinion at all

but i can understand vexed point

diving is just as bad and is extremely embaressing

22. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That avy just looks wrong :p

23. appleCORR7