Spending the summer in DC

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by CAllen91, May 30, 2015.

1. CAllen91

CAllen91 Member

Atlanta United
    Oct 23, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Y'all! I've got a congressional internship this summer so I'm going to be up for the RSL and Union games. Where should I get tickets? I'd like to be with the supporters but idk if they would be fine with some random south Georgia boy who's only been in AO Sections in JAX joining them. Any input and suggestions are welcome!

Winoman repped this.
  2. fairfax4dc

fairfax4dc Member+

Dec 5, 2008
    Fairfax, Va
    Welcome Are you going tonight?

First, you should know that you can pretty much where you want in RFK - the ushers are easy to dodge. So, it money is tight you can buy the cheapest ticket and proceed from there.

I sit in section 237, which is between the edge of the penalty area and edge of goal area, and about as close to the action as you can get at RFK. And its near the supporters sections so you get the flavor of that experience.

3. CAllen91

CAllen91 Member

Atlanta United
    Oct 23, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not tonight. I guess the title is a little misleading as I'm not going to be in DC the entire summer. I'll be up there from July 11th to the end of August. Looking at the map all the tickets seem to be $41 on the supporters side, thankfully I just graduated and have some money from loved ones. Looks like 228, 230, & 235 have the most tickets available. Any one of those better than the others?

4. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    The 300's (327-338) and the higher rows of the 200's (226-237) on the SG side are probably the best seats available. You're behind the hard core SGs, and yet high enough to see over them. The seating on the "Quiet Side" slopes up gradually, since it was actually made for viewing baseball along the First Base Line, and the lines of sight aren't good until you get the 300's. After half-time its pretty easy to filter around to better seats.

5. fairfax4dc

fairfax4dc Member+

Dec 5, 2008
    Fairfax, Va
    I wouldn't worry about buying tickets ahead of time. Skip the fees and just buy at the gate. I'm pretty sure you'll get a ticket for $30-$35.

greatscott repped this.
  6. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    (or from scalpers - not many these days, but there are a few)

7. fairfax4dc

fairfax4dc Member+

Dec 5, 2008
    Fairfax, Va
    Not to thrust my ethics on others, but before I had season tickets I wouldn't buy from scalpers - being old enough to remember all those years without Major League Soccer I want my money going to the team. Of course I'm okay for money now. If your tight for money you can probably save $10 on a scalped ticket if you work at it. Which, by the way, buys a 24 oz Tacate or Modelo.

Winoman and dadman repped this.
  8. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I would also wait until closer to the date for late promos. It doesn't look like much is scheduled for July, but I'm sure there will be some.

9. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Definitely wait to see if there are late promotional things that get you a cheap ticket and/or free beer. If there aren't any, a non-member ticket from one of the supporters groups goes for something like $30. Just don't wear your Timbers shirt.

liverbird repped this.
  10. CAllen91

CAllen91 Member

Atlanta United
    Oct 23, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Update: In DC till Sunday for a convention. Just got in an hour ago and wandered into Lucky Bar near the bar. Little did I know it was 25 cent wing night or a soccer bar. Had to have the DC United craft. I love this city.

JRHokie, freekickwiz, nobletea and 5 others repped this.
  11. JRHokie

JRHokie Member+

Aug 23, 2001
    Fairfax, VA
    And we love you. We are known after all for our northern charm. Welcome to DC.

CAllen91 repped this.
  12. tallguy

tallguy Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    MoCoLand, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it was JFK who said that Washington is a town of Northern charm and Southern efficiency.

CAllen91, Winoman, sitruc and 1 other person repped this.
  13. CAllen91

CAllen91 Member

Atlanta United
    Oct 23, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bus doesn't leave until 11 from Union Station. Where should I go to watch the match?

14. CAllen91

CAllen91 Member

Atlanta United
    Oct 23, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the District!!!! Going to The Laughing Man tomorrow night for the Gold Cup. Any suggestions on where to go to watch the United away games? I'm staying right south of Howard University so the closer to that the better. Haha.

15. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC Reynolds in Petworth shouldn't be super far from where you are...haven't been there this year for away games but had a blast last year. They are supposed to be a partner bar.

CAllen91 repped this.
  16. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I'd rather my money go to a scalper than to pay for Clint Dempsey's transfer fee.

Winoman and kirchhausen repped this.