Spain NT News and Rumors (II)

Discussion in 'Spain: National Teams' started by Pichi, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    This is the newest version thread to discuss the latest Spanish National Team news and rumors. Any rivalry talk needs to be taken to the rivalry thread and kept off this thread.

Aupa Espanha y La Furia Roja!

2. screamingfields

Nov 30, 2012
  3. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    yeah if Mata and Azpilicueta aren't playing for their club then they shouldn't be called up. Especially for Mata, if he wants to be in for the World Cup he will have to make sure he is playing for Chelsea or find someplace where he can play. There is too much midfield talent in Spain to reserve spots for players not playing.

4. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It's about time Torres gets dropped, it should have happened a long time ago. Surprised Villa was called up, but then again maybe VDB has more faith in Villa's work ethic and chances than El Ninho's!

5. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    A starting XI that doesn't include players playing in La Liga.

[​IMG]

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  6. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    La FEF has asked Diego Costa to play for La Roja! Well, we shall see if he agrees but he is in a tough spot... i mean imagine the best 2 teams in the world fighting for you to play for them, lucky bastard!

7. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    These types of switches are done on a case by case basis. I know that Costa played in 2 friendlies this past March. They're not binding, but the fact that he wasn't a Spanish citizen when he played will weigh heavily in their decision. Given Brazil's health woes, I'll be shocked if Scolari doesnt call him up tomorrow.

Basically, if given a choice between the two, which Costa will inevitably have, unless the door is completely shut, I can't see him picking Spain just yet.

Factor in the opinions of his teammates, Filipe Luis and Juanfran, both of whom said he'll stick with Brazil - well, then there you go.

8. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Well Spain has capped Brazilian cast offs before but it doesn't seem right. Especially for Diego Costa...

9. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Even if he turns out to be available, I don't see Del Bosque calling him up as our main striker. Don't know why Scolari is crying in the press, all he needs to do is call Costa up and tie him to Brasil.

10. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I read some of Costas quotes on this matter and he seemed like is cool either way.. saying his mind is spanish and his heart is Brazilian.
    I honestly could care less which way he decides to go.
    Is it possible that DB is fing with Scolari? binding him to Costa?
    Eih...

11. sab456

sab456 Member

May 20, 2007
    Haven't seen Diego Costa in action. With wealth of talent upfront for Spain NT, what had Diego Costa done to warrant such a move (apart from his good start to the season) ? And how would his style of play suit the Spain NT ?

12. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  13. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Costa, Thiago, Leo Baptistato, Rodrigo Moreno spain team might look like the Brasilian B team in the future.

[]__[]

14. screamingfields

Nov 30, 2012
    http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1572468/juan-mata-roberto-soldado-spain?cc=4716

Good squad, it's already taking into shape and the squad must adapt quickly and smoothly. Change from possession based to a more counterattacking way. There aren't as many strikers but it shall work better if the midfield took control.

Casillas
    Juanfran Ramos Pique Moreno
    Busquets Xavi Iniesta
    Isco Villa Koke

The squad should try a 4-3-3 here. It'll work out better. Koke is in such decent form, while Isco too is in fine form. Juanfran is good defensively, while Moreno is suspicious in defense. Moreno though needs games for Spain if he has a chance. Suarez is a replacement for Busquets.

15. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    #15 minuscapita, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    I don't give a rats ass as long as they have followed the law, became spanish citizens and don't mind serving the country.
    What are you saying, you would discriminate against none Brazilian born players? So if someone becomes a Brazilian citizen, it's ok for them to pay taxes, serve in the army but when it comes to playing soccer in the national team it is suddenly a problem?

16. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Where in my post did I mentioned there was a problem, but you are fooling yourself if you think these players arent anything more than mercenaries. Costa is using Spain as much as Spain is trying to use him.

[]__[]

17. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    If they help us win a world cup... I don't care if they are mercenary monkeys from Mars.

18. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Albiol forced to withdraw from the squad due to a right leg muscle injury.

Too bad. :)

19. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thaks for perpetuating the stereotypes about spanish people

[]__[]

20. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ¿What stereotype would that be?

21. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hu? you are kidding, right?

22. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    "I have played my entire career here regardless that I was born in Brazil," Diego Costa said after scoring two goals in Atletico's 2-1 win over Celta Vigo.
    "Spain has given me everything and if I can play for the national team I will do it as well as I can."

Alright! it seems like a done deal.. all we need is FIFA to let it happen which they will 100%.
    Now, will DB really call him? I think we need Costa, Soldado and Negredo are not going to cut it.
    Costa will bring a new dimension we lack in the team.

23. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Soldado is the odd man out there. I hope Michu impresses because I think he is a better player than Soldado. I am still unsure of what to think of Costa but he is scoring goals and that's what we need.

24. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    this is nonsense. We all know the situations are QUITE different.

Diego Costa himself has said he will return to live in Brazil after his career is over. Its entirely DIFFERENT to naturalize someone because that person wants to become a citizen of the country, than because that person wants to play a World Cup, no matter what country.

Diego Costa will only pay taxes in Spain while he lives there. He will never serve the spanish army. If Spain enters a war, he will return to Brazil. He is NOT forfeiting his brazilian citizenship.

if England had called Diego Costa offering naturalization, you BET he would accept that too. Who pays more takes these mercenaries.

Its ABSOLUTELY the same thing that happened with that brazilian player who naturalized Croatian. He played a couple of years in Croatia and naturalized Croatian. Then he moved to England. Do you think he gives a rat´s ass about Croatia? He never stepped on Croatian soil again, except for training with the national team!

I support players changing their national teams IF they REALLY constitute ties with the new country, like marrying someone from that country, having children in that country, having CLOSE RELATIVES in that country, wanting to really immigrate and live forever there.

In the case of Diego Costa however, its PURE AND CLEAR mercenarism. I am surprised you spaniards do not care about that just because it can help Spain.

SPAIN is NOT a football club. It represents the country and its citizens. It should NOT be a place for mercenaries who will LEAVE Spain as soon as they can.

25. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    @AcesHigh again, we didn't naturalize him to play soccer for us, he followed the law (which is living in spain for 5 years), No one forced him to become a spanish citizen.. he filed the paperwork on his own.

If he can take a job away from a "spaniard" playing at spanish club and making millions of Euros a year... he better fuqing be ready to serve the national side for free (which he is).
    He has said this many times before, "I owe everything that I am to spain" and it is no secret that he has informed the Brazilian federation from before the confeds cup that he will not be playing for brazil.

"Diego Costa himself has said he will return to live in Brazil after his career is over."
    That has no bearing on anything, he can move to Alaska when his career is over, it's his life to live.

In conclusion, we want him, he wants us. he followed the law to become a spanish citizen and we are going to do the same when it comes to calling him with FIFA.
    Everything else is just nationalistic, patriotic nonsense that will only bother people that sleep with their flags at night.