News: Southampton vs Chelsea

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kazuma, Oct 7, 2018.

1. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great to see Morata score. Hopefully these back to back goals will jumpstart him. Barkley has steadily improved from his first preseason game till now. He will be much more useful than I expected. He provides a different look in the midfield. Kepa has also grown to look more and more comfortable.

Top of the table again gents!

2. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes, good to see Mora score, but he missed a sitter just a minute before. Maddening because a lethal striker could make our squad almost unbeatable.

3. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ross definitely has a chance to be more than drinkwater/sidwell/parker version 562. Obviously a hard worker and applying himself well in training. We will need depth in the middle as the season progresses so great to see him improving. Hope he can stay healthy because if he does hit his potential he will be a valuable squad member.

4. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has the tools to be world class. I doubt he reaches that cause he doesn't seem to have the right temperament. However, Sarri ball will give him chances and he's shown when he's confident he can score. Let's hope this is the start of a run for him.

5. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will need depth and let's hope he keeps improving cause of all of our CM he's the only one who looks to be able to contribute with goals.

6. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Good result today, strangely enough though every time we play at some point in the game the opposition seem to miss complete 'sitters'!? Seems to happen at least once every fixture (I'm not complaining though).

7. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ha, you're not wrong. Maybe when you spend record money on a keeper you get a free confusion field to deploy in the 6 yard box.

At the other end it also feels like we are not getting some big calls in the box. Not saying it all evens out but its been a strange run.

Overall, our ability to allow dangerous balls to get all the way into the danger area is a worry. Have to sort that out.

8. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Between RLC and Giroud the last two matches we've missed out on two stone wall penalties.

9. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It is high time they brought in VAR. How much proof do they need that refs are incompetent.

Blueallthru repped this.
  10. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes yes yes.

11. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's definitely Kepa's positioning. :)

12. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ross had a great game. the system on paper seemed to really suit him but it's nice to see that actually start coming to fruition. also, he's surprised me mentally. after his surgeries and being out, i'm impressed with some of his comments over the last 6 months and him trying to back it up on the pitch. really seems to have found a mentality of putting his work in on the training ground and doubling down and improving etc. it's really starting to show.

Wrath and Blueallthru repped this.
  13. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If he keeps up this level of play it will have been a shrewd piece of business for Chelsea. Around 17m euros? For an English midfielder at 23, 24. Very healthy to have him and Kovacic pushing each other.

14. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Competition for places is ALWAYS a good thing.

15. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    one things i thought during the game, the save kepa had was REALLY good and i think actually highlighted just how perfect the shot from sturridge last week really was. as frustrating as that is to say obviously.

Blueallthru repped this.
  16. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Who is this Barkley kid? Seems to have potential.

17. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Very much a man with his finger on the pulse, aren't yer Jim... :eek:

:giggle:

And, yes, I know you're being ironic ;)

JimWharton repped this.