Sounders @ San Jose 4/8

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Seaball, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Didn't realize we have 3 away matches in a row. At least they're all on west coast I guess. Offense will definitely need to be more effective and capitalize on likely limited chances.

2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One can always hope! I think we'll be back to full health this week except for B-Rad (awesome shirt by the way), so that will definitely be good. I'm really, really hoping that Dempsey and Lodeiro figure out hiw to work together. It probably won't be the mind meld Oba and Dempsey had, but it would be jice to see them on the same page at least..

3. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A point on the road is not a bad thing. On the other hand, I wonder if the Sounders have ever heard of this guy called Chris Wondowski. He earns a handsome living because he is really good at putting a certain spherical thingy across a linear thingy iinside of a goal thingy. He does it annually by the dozen, one year he did two dozen. And he wears the Captain's armband for his club because he gives one hundred percent effort every game until the last whistle. I bring this up because the Sounders have this extremely odd and mysterious habit of leaving Wondo standing all by himself late in games. When the Sounders do that, Wondo does what he does. I wouled like to politely suggest that it is not a good idea to leave Chris Wondowski standing alone in front of the goal.

Captain_Ski repped this.
  4. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I'll cherish the memory of those brief few minutes where I thought we might actually beat San Jose in San Jose.

5. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But just think of how important that draw in San Jose is for the Sounders taking home the Heritage Cup!!

6. Captain_Ski

Captain_Ski Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Bellingham
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I think Roldan summed it up perfectly...
    "It was a little weird game. I thought at times they were good. I thought at times we were good. At times it was a lot of kickball. Ugly game in the first half, and second half, I think things settled down. People got tired, we had to keep the ball. We have to control what we can control, tracking runners. Obviously a really good goal, but we have to still be a little more creative offensively and be tighter defensively."

Yoshou repped this.
  7. Captain_Ski

Captain_Ski Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Bellingham
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Looking at the positive...
    I have to say Roldan is like a Tasmanian Devil out there... tearing it up on offense, tearing it up on defense. I love the energy he brings. Ozzy is amazing. I am not sure how many passes he intercepted, how many perfect tackles he made, how many shots he stopped... I lost track. But just when things looked ugly he would make it beautiful again. And Frei... Off his line perfectly and repeatedly when the moments called for it and that save on the volley rivals his save in the cup match last year.
    The Offense... Still has a lot of room to improve.

Yoshou repped this.
  8. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Hate to say it, but there are many strikers in MLS better than Morris right now. It's still early, but he has to be better.