SOSDD - January Transfer Thread Vol II

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Horsehead, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
  2. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    hopefully this one doesn't go downhill with nonsense.

1 person likes this.
  3. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    You may want to lower your expectations now, before it's too late.

1 person likes this.
  4. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Its always too late.

5. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    So were there people actually reading his entire posts? At that point I don't know which of you is crazier. :D

btw I didn't get a chance to say Cesc, Lies and Rumors would have been a damn good title Mymy. Good movie too.

6. babai_here

babai_here Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Now a days people of other forums are trolling here too much.
    The previous thread literally became the explanation of why Ribery should/shouldn't join RM :( .
    Anyway do we have any proper news regarding transfer :p

And Horsey please explain me the thread name :mad:

7. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    It's amazing how things travel, become twisted and then told by others as the absolute truth. What started as Marca saying we wanted Fabregas for 43ME and Arsenal wanted Higuain, has become us offering Higuain + 45ME and people actually believe it.

8. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    courtesy razingtonbear.

9. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Don't forget lmgtfy.com

10. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Nifty little site.

I prefer he credits my brain though, we don't all need someone to google that for us ;):D.

11. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wenger: I wrote a letter to Barca and Real with hands off cesc

Edit: I wish i could write a letter to wenger and issue an hands off our youngsters.

12. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    I'd like to write Wenger a letter to tell him that if Arsenal pursued Kaka or Messi in the press, no-one would actually believe it, and they'd simply laugh it off like the big joke that it is.

13. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    It's hilariously hypocritical considering how he got Cesc in the first place. What nerve that guy has.

1 person likes this.
  14. babai_here

babai_here Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Whatever he says Cesc will probably leave England next summer for Spain.

15. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    So two wrongs DO make a right?

16. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Where did I say that? I said it was pot calling the kettle black and egregiously hypocritical considering the very player in question he took from one of the two teams he's criticizing.

17. Frank Smith

Frank Smith Red Card

Jun 2, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Recently my hate for Arsenal and wishing they lose every single game has tamed a bit. On one hand I rate Mr. Wenger for him doing reasonbally well with a young, light squad. However, on the other hand 4 seasons and no trophy and they have become a team battling for a Champions League spot. All of this while Chelsea spend money and become one of the best teams Europe, top 3 for sure, and Manchester City spend big and look to finish 4th or 5th in the table. Wenger is deluding himself a bit if he thinks he can keep this up. If they do not win anything this season, I see Cesc looking to make his intentions clear he will leave if the squad is not strenghend, ala Henry. Another season no trophy, both Wenger and Cesc are gone.

18. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think the SOSDD is not as effective as the SSDD slogan. Your call. :)

19. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    As expected, there are a few mentions of Canales after his brace secured the three points for Racing last night. A lot of clubs are interested in him, ourselves, Sevilla, Valencia and Barcelona as well I believe, so it won't be easy if he does leave. Originally I had heard that we were going to go right in there with an offer at the beginning of January, but I haven't heard anything else about it.

20. Pipitinha

Pipitinha New Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Center of Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    18 years old. It will be a good buy, more if we consider he ends his contract. And one more thing, he is cantabrian and you know what? At all the 9 European Cups/Champions League we have won, there was a cantabrian (Pachin, Gento, Amavisca, Helguera).
    Currently there is no cantabrian, I hope that does not mean anyth for this year. :( Maybe we should go for it at this winter transfer window!

21. rolo

rolo New Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Cumbria
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    IMO Fabregas isn't worth 18M euros more than Pipita

22. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    wow i didnt know that, interesting to know that.

Apparently, we are after sao paolo youngster called oscar. Inter is also said to be chasing him.

23. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I have a problem seeing Canales fitting into this squad. He is young, he is breaking into the Racing first team. He needs playing time to continue growing. I don't think he's going to get that here, so I think it would be better for him to stay at a smaller club until he's ready to be a starter for a bigger one. Developing him with our finer training methods compared to Racing's could be a possibility, but I don't see us making the necessary moves to accomodate him.

I've said it before. I'd rather we went for younger, less developed players and tried to incorporate them in Castilla instead.

24. MajorDuh

MajorDuh New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
    Do you think it's a possibility that we might purchase him and loan him back to Racing like the deal we did with Garay?

25. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Cesc is gone this summer trophy or no trophy. Wenger on the other hand has the job for life. He not only costs the team no money in transfers, he has brought in a net profit of 30m over the last 5 years. We spend less on transfers than any other team in the premiership, and even some in the championship.

It would take nothing short of armageddon to weaken his job security.