Songs & Chants

Discussion in 'The American Outlaws' started by Bigus, Aug 12, 2008.

1. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Tim Timminy chant is a staple at every single match. I've even heard it when he's not in the game!

2. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea... see there's a problem with that particular one.

It's called "God Save the Queen," a.k.a England's National Anthem.

3. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And we sing "Our Country, Tis Of Thee" at every match. Several times. It's long known that the melody is based on "God Save The Queen," but Samuel Francis Smith first heard the melody as part of a German adaptation, Heil Dir Im Siegerkranz, not the English version.

Just because another song has the same melody doesn't mean we shouldn't sign it.

4. Tucson_soccer_fan

Feb 11, 2007
    AZ, TUCSON
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also believe it is national anthem of Liechtenstein.

5. DestroyerDaMarc

Dec 8, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes and the royal anthem for Norway.

6. Tadeh

Tadeh New Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi guys,
    I wont be making the Rally in Vegas, but heres what I think..

When the goalies kick the ball, we all know that Mexico yells out "futbol."
    I suggest that in a USA game, when either goalie kicks the ball, we scream "USA" I honestly think this is better than yelling "you suck asshole" like our AO supporters group has been singing when the opposing goalie kicks the ball.

What do you think guys?

7. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're not saying "futbol."

They're saying "********."

8. DestroyerDaMarc

Dec 8, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think there is another topic dedicated to that very touchy subject and as such, you could post in there. And no its not futbol they are saying but you get a LMFAO for that :D;)

9. Tucson_soccer_fan

Feb 11, 2007
    AZ, TUCSON
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought they were saying "pool boy".

10. Tonkdaddy14

Tonkdaddy14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCAN_F-nPC8"]YouTube - Just Can't Get Enough - Celtic V Rangers, 20/02/2011[/ame]
    The U.S. version of Depeche Mode's "Just Can't Get Enough":

When I see you U.S., I go out of my head.
    I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough.
    All the things you do to me and everything you said.
    I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough.
    We slip and slide as we fall in love, and I just can't seem to get enough of...
    Do do do dada do do, do do do dada do do, do do do dada do do DO DO DO DO
    (repeat)

You know we'll be rocking this come Gold Cup time.

11. LiverAndPineapple

May 7, 2008
    But he does bring up a good point. YSA is stupid because a-hole is not a generic insult. It has a specific connotation. You call someone an a-hole when they are acting like a douchebag or total jerk just out of spite. An a-hole is the guy who purposely parks in the middle of the curb and doesn't leave room for more than his own car. An a-hole is the guy who starts cussing you out just because you didn't change lanes to let him pass. It doesn't make sense to use it on an opposing goalkeeper who is just kicking a soccer ball.

You need a more generic insult. Even "YS Dips***" or something in that vein would make more sense. YSA would make sense if you're aiming the chant at a specific player who is known for being mouthy or is an actual a-hole (i.e. Torrado, Gattuso, etc.). Right now, it just makes the people who say it look really dumb. AO as a whole needs to be more creative on the goal kick chant. Keep it simple, but definitely choose an insult that makes more sense than "a-hole." Sorry, but it just doesn't work in the context.

12. For when our boys are ahead, late in the game ...

... from the "Sign of a Victory" song from last summer, the part that goes "he eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh" over and over, maybe clapping along.

VERY powerful and majestic, worthy of our boys.

13. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome. I love Celtic too.

14. broadsthooligans

broadsthooligans New Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    New around here, I've been lurking for quite a while but finally got myself a login.

Anyway, I'm a huge Timmy Chandler fan and as the mess with Nurnberg keeping him out, or him keeping himself out of US callups goes on and on I've been thinking about it more and more. I came up with a very generic chant that was primarily for Chandler but would work well for any dual nationality player, if not for all of them in succesion.

To the tune of my bonnie lies over the ocean

Oh Timmy Chandler* we love you,
    Oh Timmy Chandler* we do,
    Oh Timmy Chandler* we love you
    so say you're American too?

Tim-my*
    Chand-ler*
    so say you're American too?

*could be substituted for Jermaine, Connor (Doyle), Diskerud. Anyone who fits

15. alslammerz

alslammerz Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Staten Island, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a college hockey fan, sieve works very well here. It's not vulgar and it's very goalkeeper specific.

16. Sidburns56

Sidburns56 New Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Savannah
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi guys, new to the blog and a fairly new member of the outlaws. I've got some ideas for some new chants myself that I think would work out great. I'd like to post a new thread but it won't let me since I'm new, but basically I'm trying to get a chapter of the outlaws started here in Savannah, Georgia and wondered if there was any interest from Savannah or the surrounding areas? I already know of a bar that would be more than happy to show every match. Thanks guys!

One of my ideas for a chant I got from the Portland Timbers,
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2DqNaUKN0s"]Portland Timbers Army. - YouTube[/ame]

basically just replace what they're saying with this :

[FONT=&quot]Bury me in stars and stripes [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [FONT=&quot]Whoah-oh-oh whoah-oh-oh[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Bury me in red and white
    Ah-ah-ah ah-ah-ah[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Bury me in stars and stripes[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Whoah-oh-oh whoah-oh-oh[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Bury me in blue and white[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Ah-ah-ah ah-ah-ah[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And when I die, (and when I die) And when I die, (and when I die)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And when I die make sure I’m wearin' stars and stripes[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And when I die, (and when I die) And when I die, (and when I die) [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And when I die make sure I’m wearin' stars and stripes

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

17. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zUUtf7gOe8&ob=av3e"]Men Without Hats - Pop Goes The World - YouTube[/ame]

18. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    again.. instead of YSA, stay positive... "OOOOOOOSSSSSSSAAAAAA!!!"

19. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKsa4TPELqI"]YouTube - Full Metal Jacket - Mickey Mouse[/ame]

One part badass, for the Full Metal Jacket imagery of the soldiers chanting while marching through destruction and chaos

One part sarcastically embracing the derogatory nickname our soccer has been assigned by snobs from other countries

20. USOutlaw16

USOutlaw16 Member+

Green Bay Voyageurs
    United States
    Jan 22, 2011
    On the Gringo Wall of Shame
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm surprised I haven't heard "The Battle Cry of Freedom" at US matches more often, it should be sung more often

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ccQ6cT-9kk"]Battle Cry of Freedom[/ame]

We could change the word "traitor" to a word that would be more fitting, depending on the team (such as "Lion" for England, "Aztec" for Mexico, "Eagle" for Germany, etc.) Though we could use "traitor" if we play vs. Rossi or Subotic ;)

21. Tucson_soccer_fan

Feb 11, 2007
    AZ, TUCSON
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing that it is missing is some banjo playing. No thanks.

22. 1Coug1

1Coug1 Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    A near copy and paste of what I sent on AO's site...

I’ve been waiting since last December to present this song mainly so other teams’ supporters wouldn’t use it. This undoubtedly is the perfect time for our team to hear this song to boost their morale and to remind them what and who they’re representing.

http://picosong.com/nNeQ

“United”

We’re United
    Forever We’re United
    We’re United
    Forever We’re United

It’s heavily inspired by the fairly new, unofficially named Houston Dynamo song “We Are Orange” which was inspired by a South American chant. I changed some words and slowed it down so it should sound similar to the speed of the popular DC United song ”Esta Noche Tenemosque Ganar.”

How It Should Sound:

Sing four times with the next chorus coming immediately after the previous one.

We’re United
    Forever We’re United
    We’re United
    Forever We’re United

I’d like all USA fans to participate so during the 3rd or 4th time, SG members should gesture and encourage the non-SG neighbors to join along.

Add clapping during the 5th time and beyond to give it life and ideally it should last 5,10minutes to ----.

X=hands over head clap at the corresponding moment in the song

We’re Uuuniiiiiiiteeed
    X X
    Forever We’re Uniiiiiiited
    X X
    We’re Uuuniiiiiiiteeed
    X X
    Forever We’re Uniiiiiiiiiiiiiteeeed
    X X

Edit:
    Having problems with the Xs positioning. The Xs should be under these letters …
    Line A: W & t
    Line B: first e & t
    Line C: W & t
    Line D: first e & “median” (most middle i)

When Should You Sing It:

Please try not to sing it more than 2 times a match. I think this song is powerful and shouldn’t be overdone.
    Not before the game and really not during the first half. Why? It should be sang in the following scenarios:
    -Victory is in our grasp(near or in added time),probably would be the second time singing it.
    -We need a goal. I suppose toward the end of the first half would be all right if the team needs to hear it.
    -We just scored an awesome/important goal.

23. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The chorus from Rammstein's "Amerika."

'Nuff said.

This song's chorus especially should be sung vs Germany when they come to DC.

24. badideas

badideas Member

Dec 22, 2010
    This is an ironic song meant to criticize American global hegemony, so I'm thinking it would just sound pretty misguided, personally...???

25. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You sing that while winning because it's mocking the other team for their own helplessness in front of the "American global hegemony."