Son Heung-min @ Tottenham Hotspur FC 2018-2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by ChaDuRi671, Aug 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jk1802

jk1802 Member

Jan 22, 2010
    NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    also, son doesn't look happy when his team scores. is it that he's that selfish/arrogant or that he's just tired from all the traveling? either way, he needs to get it together.

Ice cube, Kanuck and nmssis repped this.
  2. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    SPOTV 2 is playing the recap highlights n yeah, he does look rather sour when his mates scored. That's not like him

Ice cube, seolseol and Kanuck repped this.
  3. Coreanaldo

Coreanaldo Member

Liverpool FC
    South Korea
    May 10, 2018
    Yeah Son seems like a very emotional player and it gets the best of him sometimes. He should learn from JiSung who always seemed to keep a level head.

seolseol repped this.
  4. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    If Bayer's interest is real, and if Son gets an offer, should he go? Yes? No?

5. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nah...been there, done that

6. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Bayer or Bayern?

7. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Bayern's squad is pretty bad rn. At this point Son's probably better than Muller, Robben, Ribery, Gnabry, etc.. I want Son to go to a club where he'll be the 4th best winger. Real Madrid would actually be a good fit I think

8. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    dude, no offense if you're a J-League fan or if it's for other personal reasons but your avatar is so out of date.

and i know, coming from a guy who has YSC, but i mean under current context of our NT.

9. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  10. TaegukRedDevil

Jan 30, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Imo he should keep it, it reminds me of the time when I saw his profile for the very first time when he posted this:

"they have Wu Lei, who was personally selected by Beckenbauer to play alongside players like Messi and Ronaldo for the Galaxy 11 team. He is amongst the top 20 players in the world."

:ROFLMAO:

Kanuck repped this.
  11. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    #261 batumchange2, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    tottenham lost a lot of the youthful energy they relied on the past few seasons. wonder what levys plans are for january since tottenham cant go another transfer period without signing a player. pocchetino used to have the players play at a steady tempo and burst out when they saw the opportunity but the team as a collective whole dont have the burst anymore. if they want to continue their playing style i think its really vital they they bring in a high energy player. so important they must achieve it even if it means partially ignoring the technical aspect when evaluating their transfer targets

12. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    did not watch. how did he do? anyone else watch the match? at least Spurs came back for the W. how Spursy of them to let one in at '2... :D

13. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

BENJMNS and Kanuck repped this.
  14. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    somethings off with him

seolseol repped this.
  15. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Pretty terrible outside a few flashes.

We know he struggles against packed boxes, when he tries too hard and when he “playmakes”. All were true today.

CanadianGook and Kanuck repped this.
  16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Long time since I saw this inconsistent and bad Son. Worrying.

17. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    He was horrible yesterday. He needs to go back to basics and play simple. He is not a playmaker and will not offer anything that Moura or Lamela can't in that department. Actually falls way behind them. Son shines when he is playing as a traditional winger and running into space down the wing and whipping in crosses like he did two seasons ago constantly during his best form for Spurs. He needs to do more of that. That will then cause defenders to try and block that channel which will then give him further opportunities to cut inside and give him opportunities for his trademark curlers.

18. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Mahrez was the type of player I wished SHM could have been. Not the best provider but confident with the ball and can beat guys 1-1 not only by pure speed but by skill/technique. SHM surpassed my expectation of his shooting skills but underwhelmed in other aspects of his game. No matter what type of winger/side midfielder you are, you need to be able to bring some playmaking at that position. You cant only be a shooting threat, you might as well be a striker then.
    watch some of Mahrez's movement and his ability to pick out a pass in a clustered box. SHM shows flashes of this but not consistent enough.

19. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    well, the way he's playing now, if he doesn't score he doesn't really contribute anything else and that's not good enough when you've only just score your first goal of the season.

earlier in the season, even if he wasn't scoring he was contributing on other levels, even defensively but he's def in a rut right now.

he's out of synch with Lucas and Lamela, but when he does get his chances, he's not burying them. outside of Lamela though, the same can be said for all the other primary scorers for Spurs. Kane and Sonny's recent braces aside. Lamela is going out and getting his right now. he's hungry AF. wake up call for Son.

nmssis repped this.
  20. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Bayern*****

21. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    + Son needs a trophy for his career..

22. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Its hard to tell how much of it has been accentuated by his varying roles, particularly the need to fill in for Eriksen. Poch needs to let Son have a simpler role and similarly, Son needs to reduce the game to his strengths.

23. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    How common is it for someone to leave just one season into an extension?

24. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    but here's the question, other than a trophy for winning the BL and guaranteed CL, why hightail it back to Germany for a lesser league? Bayern is going to be pretty well rebuilding after putting a generation of their greats to pasture.

i would rather see him endure and make an even bigger mark in EN. just my personal preference.

seolseol repped this.
  25. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You consider Bundesliga lesser league than BPL? BPL might be the fastest, physical league in the world, but Bundesliga is still a notch higher in technical skills. Hardly a lesser league imo.