Son Heung-min @ Tottenham Hotspur FC 2016-2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by wetcrispy, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017
    They'll never get a Sanchez/Hazard they're wage cap is like 100k if the articles are accurate. I don't think they'll sell Son this summer, hopefully he doesn't wind up in a situation where he isn't playing that much and it comes around Jan and he's worried about the WC.

Not that we have anyone better to take his place, but still..

2. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    wish he cut down on his "you know?"s.

G'nom sayin?

jessypjs repped this.
  3. Steven511

Steven511 Member

Jeonbuk FC
    South Korea
    Apr 1, 2017

Dude's flaws are not correctable in my opinion. First touch and passing have to be learned in teens, not mid 20s.

I've never seen him pass between the lines. Meaning two defenders horizontally equal, Son passing it between both to a running down the line.middle. I'm serious, does anyone remember one?

4. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #2104 Kanuck, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
    to say his positioning hasn't increased that much is for me, over simplifying things. his early days in Germany, in his mind he didn't even have a position. it didn't matter where he lined up, he would often just go to the ball regardless of length on pitch or regardless of flank. there were so many times where I couldn't believe he was even in the camera frame. he had no business being anywhere near the run of play on the wrong side of the field. and it wasn't from having to provide cover either. it was the wrong kind of cover. then he'd get a tongue-lashing, lose confidence, over compensate and stay within a small perimeter and Houdini Sonny would show up.

maybe i misunderstand, but is it that you don't rate Poch? his whole attacking forward game plan would never work w/o holding vacuums like Wanyama and Dembele to control the centre of the park. and when you have those two and the CB's he has, he wants goals. you've said it yourself in so many words, but that is the whole point of Poch's system, to free the WB's, CE, DA, SHM,and HK to attack. things might drastically change if they got a heavy in CL, but in the Prem, he most often than not, doesn't ask his attacking MF to track back and cover. the guy wants to bag 6 vs Hull as much as he wants to score 6 vs Chelsea like in the Cup Semi. even to his own demise.

off the ball, i completely agree with you, Son's not much improved but in attack, position/tactic wise he was often poor as well for prolonged spells - along with ill timed runs, poor touches and passes. in cold streaks where he'd lost some confidence, he wouldn't even move his feet making himself available for outlet passes. this has changed now under Poch for the better. are you suggesting Poch just tells the 4 of them to run rampant, i don't care who gets the goals, you 4 figure it out between yourselves? in his role in the triangle he's tactically and position wise much improved. he's played to his strengths. to score the types of goals Spurs have scored this season, it's a little more than that.

aeh1991 repped this.
  5. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Son scores 2 goals against a mediocre team. Bigsoccer Korea starts going crazy while claiming he's "world class"!

Reminds me of this:

"i also been reading that the tottenham midfield quality is much better(at least compare to leverkusen), son will be get much better passes to him, so he can focus on attacking more. a lot of people mentioned leverkusen's midfield is a complete disaster. i feel son is in team where he can improve. tottenham in europa league, they'll play about 50 games this season. i'll predict 45+ appearances 20+ goals for son's first season."

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/so...-f-c-2015-2016-r.2024203/page-2#post-32853774

"Predict 20+ goals also.
    Easy peasy."
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/so...-f-c-2015-2016-r.2024203/page-2#post-32853721

Meanwhile the guy who scored 4 goals got called a fluke less than a year and a half ago.

6. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  7. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    upload_2017-5-20_15-51-16.png

8. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    What's the point of posting a picture of a player who's almost definitely not coming to Tottenham? :rolleyes:

9. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He will leave this summer, Tottenham is his likely destination.

10. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think in many ways Son hasn't improved in isolation... but that's because too many people forget how good he is post scoring particularly at Leverkusen. His decision making becomes a lot quicker and he shows much more confidence to hit the tough pass. Maybe all the goals this season just let him ride that confidence streak from match to match more.

That said he's always had a bit of clumsiness to his moves on the dribble which skill set wise is really what separates him from the very best wide attackers beyond other more developable traits like consistency and smarts. Vs he has a lot more shortcomings to be a 9, from hold up play, aerial skills and positional sense in the box.

I think Poch has done a good job of getting Son into their rehearsed motions and routines. Last season he's literally run into his teammates most every match vs now he at least look like he's read the playbook even if he does mess up still now and then. And psychologically I think Son seems to be able to get out of ruts faster and contribute more even when not at full confidence which I'd attribute to his team, and probably Poch directly.

Seol Korea, Kanuck, msc43 and 3 others repped this.
  11. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Lol, have you even been watching Real Madrid recently? Isco is not leaving, and he's set to sign a new contract.

12. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    didnt isco recently pen a new deal with real madrid?

13. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i know off-topic, but that Casemiro is going to be a stud for RM for years to come.

14. HojuSaram

HojuSaram Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Melbourne
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lol Kane padding his stats yet again and almost a hat-trick within 14mins

Son looking lively

15. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Can't watch the game but seems like havin assisted again. Oh and Kane is a machine. Another hattrick.

16. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
  17. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    The most impressive thing is how he can shoot with both feets that well. :thumbsup:

chook90 repped this.
  18. Ceezy

Ceezy Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Let's not forget that Kane missed, what, 2 months of the season as well?

Hope jerkass English fans don't destroy his confidence when it comes to international stage.

seolseol and aeh1991 repped this.
  19. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    in korea
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

nmssis and chook90 repped this.
  20. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    What are they doing in Korea?

21. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

Son, Wimmer, Davies, and Walker are in South Korea for a short period for a promotional trip. I assume they're going to link up with the rest of the squad in Hong Kong for a friendly against Kitchee. Kane and Alli are already there.

22. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think I saw that they're going ahead of the Hong Kong tour to promote in Korea. Idk why they're not touring Korea itself but oh well.

I see Walker is picking up on Korean customs already lol. And does Son get Yeezys for free from Adidas? :eek:

23. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    They should have played in Korea...

24. Rabbi Keane

Rabbi Keane Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Reckon there's a good chance we will in summer 2018. Spurs as a rule go to USA every other year, so a pre season tour in Korea was out of the picture this time around. But they won't let the opportunity miss completely.

25. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Sons of Thunder and chook90 repped this.