Soldier killed on London street

Discussion in 'International News' started by Naughtius Maximus, May 22, 2013.

1. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    In the first openly terrorist attack, (well, successful one, anyway), since 2005, two supposedly Islamic nutters attempt to behead a British soldier on the streets of London...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630303

Difficult to know how to respond to two people who are basically a pork pie short of a picnic and, (my guess), have no connection to any specific group other than in the most generic way.

2. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Just heard a report on the radio. One source mentioned it looks like the killers, if they're actually organized in any meaningful way, might be adopting a strategy used by he IRA in Britain and Bader-Meinhof in Germany of targeted killing of individual or small groups of soldiers.

3. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If only he'd had a concealed carry license........

4. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I suppose it's different in at leat one respect in that these idiots speak for very few people. Regardless of how deranged the IRA might have been they at least had a coherent wish... their only problem was that they couldn't convince the rest of the population of Northern Ireland.

I suppose one could say they want us out of 'their lands' but then, that might be easier to understand if these guys weren't in MY land and hopefully people who know me will realise that's not MY phrase... that's just me appropriating theirs.

5. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You were typing as I was editing to add the clause about "if" they were a part of an organization of some sort, or if they're more or less random psychopaths.

6. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Based on what little we know so far, this reminds me a lot of that nutter in Toulouse.

Chesco United repped this.
  7. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm going to go with psychopaths. A video I saw shows one of the assailants talking to a cameraman justifying his actions while he's holding what appears to be a cleaver and a knife in his bloody hands.

8. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He'd just killed the guy, yes.

A nutter with a cause... very dangerous although, tbh, is it much different from these people who shoot abortion doctors?

9. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The nearest equivalent I suppose but there were two of them. I think he was alone, wasn't he?

10. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Psycho is psycho. Who the hell stands around after just committing such a horrific act?

11. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    someone for whom the gesture is more important than the act.

12. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
  13. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    This women confronted one of them during the incident

[​IMG]

14. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    The EDL were out in force in Woolwich last night too with Tommy Robinson trying to stir up trouble as usual

[​IMG]

15. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The bit that amazed me is that people were just standing around so close to them. The guy who recorded that video must be off his rocker, as is the women who calmly walks past them as he is busy waving his knives about and ranting at the camera.

16. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I had a conversation with some muslims at work today, and one of them seemed to believe that their actions were justified in islamic law because the soldier had been involved in a war against muslims.

Quite a shocking point of view and its a tense subject around here right now, the muslim population is huge here and weve seen what happened with the oldham and bradford riots ten years ago. I it kicks off again it would be much worse as these fascist groups seem to be gaining momentum and support.

17. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you guys really shocked, why do they live in E
    That is the shit that scares me, why won't they adapt to western society like ever other group?

18. LeetOwnage522

LeetOwnage522 Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Doodlestan
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Lol is that a serious question?

s7kru repped this.
  19. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No of them stated support for them outright, but there wasnt much sympathy for the soldier, i think they believe that 'its war, so he got whats coming to him'

It really shows how far this country has fallen, when its soldiers have to fear for being killed by its 'own' people.

20. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Love this picture. Obviously an everyday occurance for some people in London

[​IMG]

21. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Crazy bitch

El Chuma repped this.
  22. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok this picture is confusing.

Who are the guys next to the dead body wearing hoods? and who is the police arresting in the back?

23. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The people wearing hoods are just bystanders that have gone over to look

The police are arresting the two killers, from what ive heard, when the police arrived, the killers ran from where the dead body is towards the police car to attack them, and thats where the police shot them and then arrested them.

24. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just dont get how so many people are so close to it. If there was a guy walking round on the street with a gun, who had just brutally murdered someone in front of me, id get the ******** out of there and keep my head low.