Sol season tickets/The Sol Black Hole

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Sol' started by hula, Nov 20, 2009.

?

Has the Sol done enough to retain it's hard won fans through the off-season?

Poll closed Dec 20, 2009.
  1. Yes, I feel warm and fuzzy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I feel left out in the cold

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hula

hula Moderator
    Staff Member

May 16, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Has anyone purchased their tickets yet? Any inkling of anything from the Sol during the off season? Anybody thinking of renewing, or not renewing? Same locations? I think it's odd that nobody has contacted me yet about renewing. Also, on the website it lists "full season" as 8 games:eek::eek: Last year there were 11(including the final). Strange..... Last year at this time I had my seats locked in and paid for. Are they letting marketing and PR just fall through the cracks? If this is the case, and the WPS and the Sol fail, I mean can we really expect anything else with the way things are being run?

I started this thread as more of a discussion than a gripey b#tch fest, even though that's what my post sounds like.

2. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I thought I was the only one that felt this way. I griped a little bit on the "what do you think of the LA SOL forum?" thread because I felt that the forum itself was kinda too dead during the off season. I realize after trying to find info on the LA SOL that us fans are being left out in the dark, there is no info just yet... BUT I DID find some "happy thanksgiving" message from the GM: http://www.womensprosoccer.com/Home/la/news/general/091123-naimo-holidays.aspx

according to the message, the Sol season tickets will be on sale in the next couple of weeks and that the SOL have more draft pick opportunities in the first couple of rounds than the other teams.... not sure if this is true or what because I've been a little out of the loop on the draft.

3. ley82

ley82 New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    I heard from someone that works for the wps that the Sol may not be playing in the Home Depot Center next year.

4. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well that's silly the Home Depot Center is the only soccer stadium in Los Angeles, where else are they going to play at? On the streets? There isn't anywhere else I'd go to see them at, HDC is the closest stadium to where I live.

5. SolAlive

SolAlive New Member

May 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This just adds fuel to the fire that the AEG is pulling out of their business relation. Why else would they not sell season tickets, since the SOL use AEG offices for ticket sales.

Here is the link to the possible new stadium

http://www.bluessoccerclub.com/stadium/index_E.html

6. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that's too much of a drive for me, at least Carson was more centralized location. Why would they switch from the HDC, which is soccer specific to some fake turf/football lines place? I'll be very frustrated if they do this, there will be no way they can garner more fans using this approach.

NOTE: nevermind, I went to the LA SOL area on the WPS website, and they say for the 2010 tickets(coming soon) they have be a part of the "AEG FAMILY" and get discounts for Staple center, HDC Nokia, and La Live areas. Now I understand, because LA SOL doesn't do business with AEG, the stadium can't be used because the stadium is with AEG right? arghhhhh so the rumors are probably true then.

Out of curiousity at the very least, why not use the LA Coliseum or Rose Bowl as optional stadiums?

7. SolAlive

SolAlive New Member

May 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    looks like we are are going to be at Home Depo..love that place

8. ley82

ley82 New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Looks like we are, my source was wrong, she had to work for the Red Stars ;) Anyways, The Sol's GM message me on twitter, he said the website is wrong that we will not have 8 games either 10 or 12 and that the Sol would be playing at HDC. Also they Sol will come out with there come schedule after the Galaxy and Chivas USA do.

1 person likes this.
  9. hula

hula Moderator
    Staff Member

May 16, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Well, that's good news. Seems odd that the website is wrong though. Sigh.

10. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OMG I'm so happy we are staying at the HDC!!!! yippeee!!!!!!!!!!!

Now how come we aren't the opening game this season???!?? ;););)