Soccer Bars in Virginia close to i95

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by amdmaxx, Nov 12, 2015.

1. amdmaxx

amdmaxx Member

Dec 5, 2004
    I'll be driving from NJ to Florida on Saturday 11/21.

I'd like to watch 10am Arsenal vs West Brom game and 12:15 Barcelona vs Real Madrid game.

I was thinking Buffalo Wild Wings Sport bars.. DO they show soccer games?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks

2. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buffalo Wild Wings generally will show anything you want, as long as it's not a Sunday or there's a huge sporting event. Assuming Virginia Tech or whoever isn't playing they should have a TV open to change for you.

3. shanek

shanek New Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3 shanek, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
    If you go to a BWW , they'll prob put Arsenal if you ask, but Barca-RM might be a crapshoot. College football starts at 12pm, and I've never seen a BWW not dominated by football on a fall weekend. Most other sports bars that don't market themselves specifically as soccer bars are prob the same story.

This won't get you very deep into your drive, but I have to think you're gonna have far better luck in the DC area / NoVa than going any deeper into Virginia.

I know it's a pain in the ass actually going into a city on a long drive rather than sticking along the beltway, but if you're willing to actually venture inside DC, Lucky Bar is not only a soccer-specific bar, it's an Arsenal bar. The DC Armoury is the local Arsenal supporters' group and that's their spot. So if you want a really vibin' atmosphere watching alongside a whole slew of your brethren, that's where you wanna stop.

There's also a solid cluster of soccer bars in Arlington or other inner Virginia suburbs. Other soccer bars in the area -- Summer's (Arlington), Ireland's Four Courts (Arlington), Samuel Beckett's (Arlington), Kitty O'Sheas (DC), O'Sullivan's (Arlington and Herndon), Ri Ra (DC), Murphy's (Alexandria), Fado Irish Pub (DC, and I already see both your games on their event listings).

If you want to be deeper into your drive, I'm sure there's a decent soccer spot or two down in Richmond, but I can't help ya there, and they prob don't have anything quite like Lucky Bar for you.

4. shanek

shanek New Member

Aug 17, 2015
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Update, I just realized Ireland's Four Courts is a sort of secondary spot for DC Armoury. So that might be your best spot if you don't want to go to Lucky Bar.