So Lowe is no good uh? He plays in D2 so he can't be good

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by Shatta, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Shatta

Shatta New Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Inglewood California
    He isn't validated by the Europeans who know and appreciate good footballers so he must be crap.

Oh and so what he scored against Uruguay, they are crappy anyway and are last in their world cup qualifying group. what they aren't last? well they just didn't show up to play then as no way Onandi Lowe could perform against tough oposition like that after all he plies his trade in the English d2 so how good can he be?

Hold on a sec I am running out of excuses let me think some more.

He got lucky and every dog has its day
    We saw what he did against Colombia, we saw the fear in the Colombian players eyes when the "Big man" pick it up and went at them with disdain.

Well I watched the game against Uruguay and Lowe treated them as nothing but mere nuisance as he did what he wanted when he wanted whenever he had the ball. It was hard getting the ball from the big man and the Uruguayan defenders had to resort to hacking the "god" evertime he touched the ball which leads me to my next point

When the hell is the Jamaican federation going to get it that they need to speak out on the constant hacking of Lowe? Because the guy is big doesn't mean that he can't be fouled the JFF needs to speak up on the targeting of Lowe to get him to lose his cool.

We need to learn from the USA how to cry like a little b!t$# when things don't go our way(ala Reyna and Prendergast) yeah you might be fined but the message will get out there. I also notice that there is this belief of the "big black guy with no brain" player when it comes to us and the Latin teams or refs.

In fact everytime the USA plays us they try to get a Latin ref from South America who never seems to give us the benefit of the doubt. If I was in charge of that at the JFF not only would I pull the race card I would pull the whole damn deck so much so that no ref would dare pull that crap again but we are babies and don't understand those mind games and they must have ignored all those emails I send them about this topic at the JFF.

We need to circle the wagon around the most potent forward in the region(the honorable Sir Onandi Lowe) and protect our own. I proposed that they appointed someone to a post in the JFF and have them create a bru hah about Lowe's treatment and then step down but the point will have been made(thats how things are done in this country, X taught me that)

If I hear the word "physical" one more time used to describe Jamaica I will personally pay a .... you get the point.

Anyway back to Lowe and his performance last night, many feels that Jamaicans need to be validated by them(like man a parking ticket)

Yeah we might not have that many players in the EPL but we can still kick most of these countries ass with our D2 players who are really above their division.

Like Sizzla Kolongi sings
    "they can't keep a good man down
    wear a smile when they want me to frown
    they will never ever take my crown

We compete against the world best with track athletes raised on dirt patches, we are the only "third world" country to have a music form that is recognised globally and long before BBC voted One Love as the song of the century we knew it was as we didnt' need the validation of the world
    such is our mentality and that is why we expect to dominate this region in football much to the chagrim of people who can't understand why this nation of a mere 2.5 million people won't play its position.

Its because our rightful position is at the top of the pack and its just that most people dont know that yet.

So am I hated enough yet? -:)

Long live the regions greatest forward
    The Honorable Sir Onandi Lowe
    He can't be stopped, you can only hope to contain him. His record speak for itself as the only player to perform above average at any position on the world level

He held down Croatia as a defender in world cup 98 and now is shining as a forward. How many players can play both position much less play at such a high standard?

Allow me to leave you with 2 Bob Marley songs seeing that it was his birthday couple days ago and I checked out that Bob Marley show in long beach

1 We got something they can never take away
    and its that fire! that fire
    that burns down deep everyday

2 dem ago tired fi see we face
    can't get us out of the race

And before you guys think that I am bad just remember that the Uruguay coach predicted a 3-0 beating for Jamaica at the office(and you guys thought I was arrogant)

respect
    One name..... Luton Sheldon commit that name to memory

2. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    In no way am I saying Onandi Lowe isn't a great player, but don't you think its time for him to move on from Rushden? Is it just because offers haven't come for him? Perhaps because in the past hes been somewhat inconsistent?

I can't believe that at least in Division 1 there isn't a team that wouldn't love to have a guy like Onandi Lowe on their roster.

3. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    and so?????

Yeah.....WOW!!!!! Lowe scored a goal!!!!....good for him.....who cares????????

4. juventino3

juventino3 Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    The only time Shatta comes out of the wood work is about every 5 years when Jamaica somehow actually posts a decent result. Nobody cares about Onandi Lowe. He is no where near being one of the best players in CONCACAF. The only thing he has going for him is his size. Don't try to play like Onandi is some sort of innocent victim. His character is questionable at best.

5. rawdog

rawdog New Member

Feb 14, 2004
    NYC
    Great point! Lowe should at least be playing first division ball somewhere in the world, not for some crap ass team like Rushden. My fellow country-man, Stern John is not even half the player Lowe is and he is playing in the EPL. Lowe probably needs a good agent or better marketing of his tremendous talent.

6. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lowe scored a grand total of 3 MLS goals during his one pathetic MLS season. One appalling performance after another, he regularly got his butt handed to him by journeymen MLS defenders with no hope whatsoever of making the USNT. Big deal, he scored some goals in England's 3rd tier league. No one outside of Jamaica rates Lowe. There is a reason for that.