So Cal

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by bostondiesel, Mar 24, 2016.

1. bostondiesel

bostondiesel Member

Oct 23, 2006

Yes. Sure.

The story line is nothing if not fascinating though, and thus why in our free time we like to off opinions and such on the subject.

It is ok to wonder and ask questions as to why one of the richest countries in the world, though it tries its hardest to improve seems to be emphatically running in the opposite direction. This is a compelling story, ask Cubs and Red Sox fans if unfulfilled expectation is reason enough to tune in.

What may be more fascinating is that bright well meaning people are involved. We have the marquis coach now that everyone was waiting for and to my eyes it looks like all his age groups are confused, playing scared, and probably the most damning "uninspired". I personally do not think this represents us well OR is somehow satisfactory or justified.

I will say though that this mentality is present. Its present here on these forums....Its something I here from experience with my son. It is something like this....Don't worry about country "X, (Germany for argument sake) because you can "do" all that and not be Germany....I understand the logic...I'm not saying I disagree completely with the logic. I think we have some evidence, but who exactly is NOT taken off the hook for this.

I guess for really informed "bright" people I'm often stunned at the bias taken into problem solving. If nothing is wrong then what are we trying to fix??? Should everything not be on the table for consideration ? I find the dismissive nature of this a tad arrogant in light of the fact we have not had any noteworthy results recently.

At the point where you in charge of our national squad, should you not be judged a little more on results , I feel this guy has convinced us all that most importantly his bosses of the opposite.

What about NCAA soccer ? Is the soccer what it should be ? Is development what it should be during those four years ? Is that even the point ? Should this system produce more talent in general ? Are these programs under any fire for the fact that they largely do not ???

2. mwulf67

mwulf67 Member+

Sep 24, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    With regard to being like other counties, we should be incorporating some of their ideas and principles, that work for us…not trying to replicate, in whole, their entire system…so long as we keep trying to pound a square peg in a round hole, I fear, we are always going to be met with limited results…

ncsoccerdad and luftmensch repped this.