SLC Ticket Sales Tracker

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by thethinwhiteduke, Apr 9, 2009.

1. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    I have checked the numbers for the September 5th Qualifier against El Salvador in Salt Lake City, UT (technically Sandy, UT) and the numbers so far are disappointing. Seems that with just under 5 months to go, total ticket sales are numbering 0. We have to do better, come on, lets support the Yanks!

2. El Duderino

El Duderino Member

Nov 29, 2006
    My sarcasm detector has been a little off lately, so excuse me. This is a joke right?

3. ussoccer_fan

ussoccer_fan New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a bit early for ticket sales, but im guessing like 13k......

4. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    I dont think supporting the USMNT is a joke! We should be able to get more than 0 people!

Yes, it was a joke.

5. El Duderino

El Duderino Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Thank goodness, since tickets haven't gone on sale yet.

6. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    I think he is mocking some of the posters in the Chi-town thread for the Honduras match who are bickering about the number of ticket sales thus far.

7. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    mocking would be a bit harsh, especially since i have posted in that thread! i was just having a laugh and trying to make others laugh as well. might not have worked so well!

8. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Well, I am selling sarcasm-o-meters for cheap. Only $199.99. :D

9. El Duderino

El Duderino Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Not a bad deal. I heard you may also have a bridge you're looking to sell. :p

10. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Correct. PM me for details. ;)

11. humancarl

humancarl New Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Joking aside this is a match I am considering attending heavily. No WCQ matches here in Texas which is a bummer. I don't possess the economic ability to make it a habit to travel around following the USMNT, even though I want to. I will get rowdy in my 500 square foot apartment, and my neighbors will deal with it.

This looks like a match I could get in and out for around $500 including a belly of beer, and not miss a day of work. Flights in and out of SLC aren't super cheap, but they aren't crippling either. The rail system dumps you off right near the stadium, so you're not getting lost on the roads. From what I have heard SLC is a clean nice area, I work an off-shift so I could do my sightseeing in the early AM and get out without a hotel, although it could be cheaper to pony up the coin and just sleep. It is also in a soccer specific stadium, which is very important to me.

It would be my first USMNT game, and I want it to count for something. I am forced to fly to any WCQ match, and I am hoping the USMNT does well enough in the Gold Cup that I won't be seeing them in Texas. Added all up, SLC is an exciting prospect for my first match, and I am really hoping I can make it out there, it becomes more and more attractive everytime I think about it.

12. Trav-Man

Trav-Man Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you could easily get out there for less that 500, especially if you can find someone to go with. Just keep track of the airfare as it gets closer. If you're around Austin, check out Jet Blue.

13. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do it. You won't regret it. The first US match that I actually travelled a long distance to was in SLC back in 05, and it was a great experience.

Its a great city, and the atmosphere at the match will be awesome.

I cant wait for this one.

SCB

14. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My High School Reunion is in Idaho on the 22nd of August, so we'll just extend the stay along the I-15 corridor a few weeks and stand with you guys in Salt Lake...again. :)

15. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone from SLC or who has been before with recommendations on where to stay? (downtown or closer to Rio Tinto) Would love to be near as many U.S. travelling supporters as possible. New England Brigade set up a supporters' hotel back in '05 for a match in Hartford...worked out great for assembling the masses.

16. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ill do some research in the coming weeks so we can organize this type of thing.

The Trax system in Salt Lake is cheap and will drop you off right by the stadium. The weather should be great in september.

Chase

17. Stella FC

Stella FC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Boone, NC
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would look to stay downtown. There'll be more to do before/after the match. Don't have any hotel recommendations yet, but start your search downtown. TRAX is perfect for going from downtown to the stadium.

18. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would like to be as close to the supporters' bar as possible, so will look forward to seeing where that is. For now, I went ahead and booked the SpringHill Suites SLC Downtown, $89 for a suite and the hotel looks brand new.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...rd&vsrelink=vhw&vsrebrand=SH&vsremarsha=SLCSH

19. tmsfan

tmsfan Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Corinth, TX
    I have decided to go to SLC for the match with my wife! This is going to be our first USMNT match...

Anyone have any info on when tickets will go on sale?

20. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Salt Lake City WCQ

bump.

discuss travel plans for our next home qualifier...

21. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Salt Lake City WCQ

bump bump. We are either driving or flying up from Phoenix. Will probably be about 4 of us. Ive been to a game at Rice-Eccles but not at the new stadium.

Maybe somebody that lives there or has been there can let us know the ins and outs?

22. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I will be driving along with 20 or so from the SCB for this one.

The Trax has a stop right by Rio Tinto, so that will make it easy to get to and from the game, not having to worry about parking.

23. papermache16

papermache16 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Me and my gal (and maybe a couple others) coming from Sac-town, nine hour drive.

I'd like for tickets to be on sale soon, really want to sit with Sam's Army.

24. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liked SLC. Wasn't there long, though.

25. FCBeast

FCBeast Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Kearnshaw
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I live here in SLC and am I season seat holder for RSL. I'd be happy to answer any question you might have. Either PM me or ask in this thread and I'll do my best to have a solid answer for you.