SL Benfica x Sporting CP | Liga NOS 18/19 | 3ªJ

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by OndaVerde, Aug 21, 2018.

1. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Coates and Ristovski right there too.

Mark the kid man

2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    At this point I hope we hold the tie....

Just like last season, cant hold a lead, always end games suffering...

3. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Out coached plain and simple. Cant wait that long to make a sub. And when you make a sub, it can be petrovic. Didnt deserve to win this.

SCP_16 and OndaVerde repped this.
  4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Castaignos on? LOL

5. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Benfica’s been the better team tbh, by far. Salin’s made some outrageous saves to steal this one from them

SCP21 repped this.
  6. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I dunno why we never went with Jovane. Benfica was pushing everything forward. Would’ve been nice to have some speed in space.

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    1-1 final.

If you asked me to get a tie before the match I would take it.

SCP21 repped this.
  8. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Piss poor to wait until 85' to make a sub. Might as well keep JJ if that's the case

9. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Very lucky to draw. How many shots on goal did they get?? Salin the standout today for sure.

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Well if JJ was here we would be paying 7m a year sooo...

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I'd say up to 75th minute it was fairly even. The last 15 minutes were a massacre.

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Salin - 10/10 - Made me forget Patricio today, what a monumental performance

Ristovski - 7/10 - Was having a good game up until the Benfica goal, seems to have problems jumping on those crosses.

Coates - 7/10 - Similar to Ristovski, was having a good game until their goal

Pinto - 6.5/10 - Average performance, did his job

Jefferson - 5/10 - Overrun once again, we can't have him starting the whole season.

Battaglia - 7/10 - Handled the midfield well with Acuna for most of the game but started getting fatigued and overrun

Acuna - 6.5/10 - Did alright in midfield, seems more tailored to this than a winger

Raphinha - 6.5/10 - Provided that spark on the counter during the first half, disappeared in the 2nd half.

Nani - 7.5/10 - Scored the penalty and demonstrated leadership

Bruno Fernandes - 5/10 - last couple of games he's been non-existent. However I think after he got subbed out we missed his presence further forward.

Montero - 6/10 - Didn't see a lot of him but his mobility provided something else than having Dost in an island up front.

Peseiro - 5/10 - The coach got it wrong with his subs, our team sat deeper as a result and we were massacred towards the end.

OndaVerde repped this.
  13. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah Jefferson made me nervous a handful of times today

If Ristovski played a perfect game, we win. Unfortunately his (and Coates) one moment of error cost us. But I thought he was great otherwise.

Outside of him and Salin I thought it was a very mediocre game all around

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I thought raphinha looked great and he did a great job tracking back

15. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    It’s nice to pluck a player from within the league who actually plays well in the derby

16. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    #66 trebaruna, Aug 25, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    Away tie with Benfica plus Porto's defeat to Guimarães, it's a very positive weekend.

17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    All in all we came out the winners. We came away with a point when everyone thought we would get routed, Benfica and Porto drop points at home and we have some breathing room and we can start integrating Gudelj and Diaby.

Side note: As much as Cintra has worked to give us a competitive squad amidst all the turmoil, I don't agree that he should be sitting with Benfica vice-presidents. We've officially cut relations with Benfica as an institution. Also, giving an interview on Benfica TV? Seriously?

18. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Porto picking up a loss this early in the season is pretty big. The last few seasons the margin for errror for the champions has been so small. Either that trend is going to change this year or Porto is already behind there 8 ball.

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Guimaraes has been unlucky the first 2 games. They have a strong squad and I can totally see them jumping to 4th, especially because Braga looks shaky defensively this year.

20. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Cintra is a very conciliating an diplomatic man. I agree BTV is just ridiculous, even official Soviet media were more objective than them.

21. trebaruna

trebaruna Member

Jun 13, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Exactly, Guimarães is a very interesting side. André André, João Carlos Teixeira, Tozé are all players who were not valued as they should have while at Porto who was punished for it today.
    Porto is going to have a bad season, the game against Belenenses had already exposed their weaknesses. Just a few seasons ago, Marega, Aboubakar, Corona, Herera would have been 2d or 3rd choices, now they are fan-favorites...But SC's magic won't work this season.

22. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    I was at cabin and couldn't stream video so could only listen to game.... Sounds like our goalie stood on his head most of the game and stold us 1 point!

23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States