sidspaceman moderating

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Winky22, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Do you guys have anything to add to the conversation?

2. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    I'm still waiting for all those posts you promised us in the Mexico forum.:D

What's a matter? Sid has got you shaking in your boots?

Don't worry, the ban is not too far away. lol

sidspaceman repped this.
  3. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I do actually...

many posters complain about you in the mexico forums and sid takes care of you.

prawn sandwich deems your posts trolling below WR standards and tells you to stop your stupidity there.

DK tells you to stop crying like a little bitch and closes many threads that you derail.

so in conclusion with these many situations you should see the moral of this story. LET IT GO. go back to the US forums, and stay there... you do not bring an enjoyable discourse to the forums you just got schooled in.

sidspaceman repped this.
  4. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Wait.

I thought this was the "sidspaceman moderating" thread, not the "uclacarlos posting" thread or the "perndog stalking/threadjacking" thread.

So is it about sid or about me?

An appropriate response would be,

"I see what you're saying Carlos, and you're right, those activities do cause an uptick in trolling.

However, I find that that pales in comparison to the results on the field more than anything. THAT's where the trolling really hits.

But do you think that maybe these activities have more of a long-term impact?"

Instead, you make it about me.

I didn't start this thread. I didn't invent the concept of complaining about the Mexico mods. Maybe there's a bit of meat behind the complaints?

I actually tried to make constructive suggestions for improvement. Maybe *you* (plural) should just let it go.

5. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lets try this again :rolleyes:

I do actually

many posters complain about you in the mexico forums and sid takes care of you.

hint to carlos: sid did his job, therefore he is a great mod.

prawn sandwich deems your posts trolling below WR standards and tells you to stop your stupidity there.

hint again: maybe the problem is you

DK tells you to stop crying like a little bitch and closes many threads that you derail.

hint, hopefully you get it this time: its confirmed! ITS YOU WHO IS THE PROBLEM NOT SID!

so in conclusion with these many situations you should see the moral of this story. LET IT GO. go back to the US forums, and stay there... you do not bring an enjoyable discourse to the forums you just got schooled in.

sidspaceman repped this.
  6. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    fine

Does that mean that allowing full-fledged "let's go troll for 'Merikans" threads does NOT lead to further trolling?

This isn't about ME. Your example is completely irrelevant.

Does uclacarlos start threads in the Mexico boards that get ppl to start neg rep and pos rep cliques that end up getting taken out to other parts of Big Soccer?

Hint: This isn't about ME. Your example is completely irrelevant.

Do I start "post your neg rep screen" threads in Mexico, which encourages ppl to go throughout BS and troll for neg rep to be able to giggle like little girls?

No.

But the mods there did shut down those threads, wisely I might add.

But here's the kicker: while doing so, Chiquitibum suggested to "be creative" in disguising the whereabouts of these problematic threads, to carry on in "NSR: Pictures" or "NSR: Random Thoughts".

Did uclacarlos do that?

No.

All uclacarlos did was come here and offer constructive criticism: these actions exacerbate trolling. They also lead to a style of posting that encourages posters like yourself and others who come to CS and treat it like World Rivalries.

And by the way, this thread and this forum aren't for your enjoyment. They're for dealing w/ issues of customer service.

If you want to troll me, take it elsewhere.

7. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I see you purposely avoid sid's great work in moderating the Mexico forum by getting rid of you. that right there is probably the best service he has provided to the Mexico forums in a long time.

who did this? who started a thread called: "lets neg rep carlos VIVA MEXICO!"

now this is some classic BS.

all of those threads were closed long time ago..

HAHAHAHA...

more like deconstructive BS...

all of this... and these closed threads in the Mexico forums are your fault. you getting kicked out of the Mexico forums is your fault. just take this sound advice from Dk

and again.. HAHAHAHAHAHA

at you! HAHAHAHAHA..........

sidspaceman repped this.
  8. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I didn't avoid it. The thread is not about me. I don't have an issue w/ being banned from the Mexico boards. None at all.

Look. Start a "uclacarlos posting" thread if you wish to talk about me.

If you were to pay attention, you'd see the reference.

Chiqui told you guys to take this shit to "NSR: Random Posts" and/or "NSR: Pictures" and that's where it happened/happens.

Don't play dumb. You're perfectly aware of it. And it wasn't just about me. There were at least 2 other posters. That shows a pattern. I feel that those threads encourage trolling.

Yeah.

And they caused a lot of problems. And those problems continued in other parts of BS.

And Chiqui encouraged their continuation "in a more discreet manner". Sure, it was discreet, but the same behavior continues to this day. It's even spilled over into Customer Service.

I've never claimed 100% innocence.

But I firmly believe that the aforementioned threads in Mexico NSR are a huge source of the problem currently.

Go ahead and start a thread about me.

it's obvious that you have zero capacity to discuss the issue at hand.

I am not talking about me b/c I am not the subject at hand.

Real constructive. :rolleyes:

9. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    it seems you have an unlimited supply of BS... I think you should swim in your own diarrhea.. that long ass post is pure BS and im not gonna dissect it for you, since you are just gonna give me more BS.. unfortunately you are wrong about rep cliques, chiquitinalgas asking posters to be "discreet" , and the other diarrhea you have just spilled here.. sorry man... I wish you could quote all of these false accusations but it seems that you cant since you got rightly banned from the Mexico forum, and we can thank Sid.. and this is how this is all relative to you... because Sid took care of business and you got mad... and now you are making all this up so you can take another shot at sidspaceman.. DK can see thru all of this BS cloud of diarrhea and thats why he kindly offered advice...

"Let it go"

now go back to your diarreah pool...

sidspaceman repped this.
  10. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Simple question is why does Mexican BS have the most trolls?

Oh wait that answer is simple

11. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Wow!!!

11 references to me b4 you get anywhere near the subject of Sid.

15 references to uclacarlos.

2 to Sid.

Look at your "hahahahahaha's" and your edit comment. You guys are trolling here.

Start a thread about me. It's obvious you want to do so.

You want to bet?

I can look it up for you. Last post: Neg rep #2 thread.

What did I do after getting banned?

Nothing. I did... nothing.

Oh wait. I came here and gave advice on how to curtail trolling activity on both the US and Mexico boards.

12. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    YOU, the person who trolled our forums and got banned for it, now you are qualified to give advice on how to curtail trolling activity?

:eek:

:D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

like I said... keep swimming in your own industrial amounts of BS... I think only you believes this BS... wow...

and again...

you avoid the truth...

sidspaceman repped this.
  13. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    We don't have a problem of Mexican trolls in the US forums. Every now and then some newbie stumbles in our forum and they usually leave as quickly. Sid's job would be easier if you didn't make threats about how you are going to assault the forum with trolling posts. They don't seem to want you in their forum, and based on this thread alone, it's not hard to see why.

14. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    fyi: I've been banned from that forum. And the "threat" that I made was that I would make posts, not trolling posts. If you look at the vast majority of my posts in the Mexico fora, the posts individually weren't problematic and were part of the discussion.

The "problem" was that b/c I ride them so hard elsewhere, it's impossible for a reader to disassociate those posts from the rational posts. Admittedly, that was the intent towards the end. Again. I have no problem w/ being banned from the Mexico fora. None at all.

But as a "troll", I'm offering my opinion, not to "get anybody in trouble" but to help curb trolling behavior.

In all sincerity, it appears to me that you're reacting to my history and NOT to the constructive advice. I can tell you first hand that many of the "problems" lay in the threads that I have pointed out.

15. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Honest question: why do you allow the posts from el mero mero and perndog to go w/o comment?

How does, "Troll" and "Hahahhahaahhahaha" constitute constructive posts, yet my posts in which I attempt to point out problem areas in order to improve the boards and bring about the assessment that "based on this thread alone, I can see why"?

I have no problem w/ you saying, "Speaking on behalf of the US boards, I don't see this as problematic". But I think an objective observer would note that "Hahahahahahahahaha" is in no way, shape or form appropriate to this forum.

Just sayin....

EDIT: I also would like to point out that iirc, certain posters have received warnings and/or infractions for using the word "spazzo" on the US boards, which is tolerated on the Mexico boards, but not on the US boards, and neither is "spazzican", btw. B/c this thread is about mods and not individual posters, I will not name names. But you won't have to look far.

THAT's the type of thing I'm talking about.

16. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

:eek:

HAHAHAHAHA

yes.. threads that you participated in.... and trolled in...

sidspaceman repped this.
  17. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Forgive me for being dubious about your intentions after you started out with the disingenuous comment that the Mexico mods troll the US forums. And after you tried to suggest that the Mexico forum has the same problems as the US forums. Oh yeah, and after you spent time tilting in Rivalry fashion at another poster after you've been asked multiple times to stop treating this forum like Rivalries. And then there's the cribbing about unfair treatment. Finally (I think) there was complaining about neg rep after neg repping someone with a personal attack. Have I missed anything?

In sum, a) I don't find disingenuous posts all that constructive, but thanks for the advice, and b) it ain't just your history.

18. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    it cant get better than this...

well

amen..

my job is over...

sidspaceman repped this.
  19. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    My offer still stands to point out the specifics via PM. I didn't post it here b/c this thread isn't about Mexico mods in the US boards and I take serious the comments not to treat CS like a rivalries board.

I guess I should've added more "Hahahahahahahaha's" to my posts. :rolleyes:

I can find one specific instance or a series of posts no problem. I would need the search function to find more.

But if you wish, now that you've broached the subject, I can post them here in this thread.

Just like you misread my "complaint" that my "problem" w/ the Mexico mods revolves around disparate treatment, you've misread my statements about this.

I have found that the types of threads in Mexico NSR have a tendency to spill onto the US boards.

The US doesn't have those threads. At all. So I don't know where you get that I'm suggesting that the problems are equal.

What I'm suggesting is that taking care of certain threads in Mexico NSR would have a net effect of reducing trolling in both the US and Mexico boards. Whether that may actually be the case is up to you and the Mexico mods to decide.

In this thread I've done none of that, btw.

Has that happened in this thread?

I even started off stating that mods should treat regulars and visitors differently. My entire point has been that there are threads that are allowed to go on that cause problems.

That's it.

I'm sure you have.

And, btw... you also forgot to mention the absolute hideous garbage that got/gets thrown my way. You forgot to mention how many yellow cards you had to hand out b/c of that.

So forgive me for kinda doubting your sincerity and forgive me for being annoyed at allowing obvious trolling behavior to continue in this thread, placing the blame on ME when others have had nothing to contribute.

And in this personal attack, you've also failed to address the problematic threads.

20. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    So in the above post, you didn't address the issues I brought up. I'll break it down and you can answer in yes/no fashion.

Are the following ok?

1. threads that tell posters to post their rep page and the community will decide whether or not neg rep was warranted
    2. Threads and/or posts that say, "Hey, there's a guy of X nationality; let's all neg rep him"
    3. Threads and/or posts that say, "Hey, if you neg rep this guy, I'll pos rep you"

21. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Thanks for the suggestions for the Mexico forum and how to reduce trolling - Carlos. I'm sure Sid and the others will take them under advisement.

Thread closed.