Should he stay or should he go, That is the Question! - The Jorge Jesus Thread [R]

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Benfica4Life, Apr 30, 2011.

1. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Looks like Rui Vitoria will be our next coach. Not bad at all. Good coach. Uses Portuguese players too lol

2. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    10000000% agree. Think about some of those squads. The year Benfica lost to Liverpool in Europa Benfica might have had the best team in the world.

3. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol JJ already signed a Slovenian GK. Sporting fans are going to hate JJ.

nuno10slb4live and Sumol repped this.
  4. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    OMG Nooooooo lol that did not take long.

nbstriker8 repped this.
  5. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sporting fans always gloated about how Portuguese their team was, this whole thing is ironic. It truly is epic.

6. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No doubt, he should have at least won one Europa. He can't do it on that level, he gets out-coached. Just getting to the final isn't enough these days for a team of the caliber that we had. Dnipiro got to the final for heavens sake.

7. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Lol. This guy is such a clown. From what I've read about him and obviously seen, his ego has grown and grown over the past few years. I can only imagine him hitting up Mendes "Jorginho, what do you have for me? Did Real Madrid say they want me to replace Ancelotti?".... "Nah, I just got Sporting LOL"

Ever since this dumbass thought David Luiz was more apt than Fabio Coentrao (who was already one of the best LBs in the world) at handling Hulk, and consequently took a nice 5-0 pancada from an actual coach, I knew he was a dumb shit. Never did jackshit in Europe when it mattered.

Good riddance.

nbstriker8 and nuno10slb4live repped this.
  8. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I thought it was time to part ways after of 2012/13 season. Fortunately Benfica didn't and he helped lead them to back to back championships. The guy is a very good coach. He did come up short in big games and finals at times, but he did get the team there. Truth is, I was hoping he would stay. I do appreciate everything he helped accomplish in his years at Benfica. That said, he was fortunate to have a talented and deep team which was put together by Rui Costa. I'm not sure he will have that luxury at Sporting. Benfica on the other hand will be OK. There's two good coaches in Rui Vitoria and Marco Silva available. With Benfica's resources, either of these two should be successful there.

9. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would love Marco Silva to coach here

10. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Who wants Marco Silva and who prefers Rui Vitória.
    Many benfiquistas want Silva and it has in some part to do with in taking Sporting's ex coach. A tit for tat but BDC who I did initially really like is fast becoming a joke. I liked the sitting on the bench (but not the interfering or the petty media blackout although many Portuguese sides do these really childish things) and the Sporting is clean as bleach has been shown up by this pathetic try to rob Marco Silva of what he is due.

It is tough but I will flip a coin and go for Victória although MS would be just about as good.

11. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The thing that is or might be the worst thing about winning the bicampeonato is that we lost Silva/Gomes/Cancelo on the cheap (but this is probably half LFV fault).

12. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  13. nuno10slb4live

Jan 23, 2013
    New Beige, Mass.
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i would be ok with either MS or RV, I feel MS teams play sexier futbol while RV is great with developing young kids which might work better for benfica since our ranks are stacked with talent.

14. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    FLV now guaranteeing that there will be at least 5 players developed by Benfica in the line up this year. I wonder why he is choosing this time to announce this ? Is this his way of saying JJ is gone now we can use our youth ?