SheBelieves Cup 2018

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by applepie71, Feb 4, 2018.

?

Who will win?

1. France

4.0%
  2. Germany

4.0%
  3. England

28.0%
  4. USA

64.0%
  1. applepie71

applepie71 Red Card

Oct 17, 2016
    I couldnt find a thread for it so....

[​IMG]

Last year's version:
    [​IMG]

France

Germany

England

USA

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    some articles on newly hired English coach, Phil Neville. Here in an interview
    https://shekicks.net/2018/01/29/conversation-new-england-womens-head-coach-phil-neville/

but still an fallout from women libbers or whether he was qualified enough
    https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...and-womens-manager-not-female-coach-mo-marley

with the SBC now weeks away, he's yet to hire an staff to assist him/ He also might have to do without England's #1 GK, who took a nasty spill. He might just want to pick Man City's 18 year old backup goalkeeper, Ellie Roebuck, who made the 'save of the year' vs Chelsea. Check out at the 1,45 min. of the vid(and wait for the slow-mo replay, you wouldn't be disappointed!).

The one good for Neville is that the English WSL league might be turning into the most balanced league out there' in recent week's super stacked Arsenal only managed a 0-0 tie with low ranked Reading, as well as Chelsea had problems beating just relegated to 1st div, Everton, scoring in the waning moments to win that game

3. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    usa will win not because i find their team really great but because Germany and France are shit right now and England is not on the same level as US...

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  4. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    who the hell voted germany

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  6. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Probably a good news for the team cohesion ? lol

7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    lotsa drama currently in France; previous to the injury mentioned. the Deacon took away Renard's captain's arm band & was rather crude about(or at least in the English translation)

8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What happened exactly? Why Renard's role as captain has been questioned? o_O

9. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    there's a lot of drama, rumors/speculation going on these days in French soccer(so still don't know if Renard is feinting injury and/or will miss SBC, but here's another interview(though hard to understand even in English translation)
    https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Act...-de-france-il-y-a-des-formes-a-prendre/875040

other rumors/gossip's going around;

an entire 1st div league team, revolted & refused to play right when the Deacon(Diacre's English name) arrived to watch their up coming match

PSG has now purged 3 foreign players to the hinterlands known as China(could be cuz of better pay, but perhaps a bit too coincidental?

the French lesbie soccer forum feels Deacon as well has purged them out of the NT as now has the squad has 23 straight players on it

Le Sommer had former NT starter, Eve Perriset, ousted from the squad because of some squabble between them

so we really need some fact from fiction in all of this, shje or debzy, where R ya when we really need ya?

10. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Not much comment on that gossip, you can believe what you want.
    "There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth"
    You can believe Renard or Coco...

11. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Germany's squad is named and I fear it's going to be nothing more but a horror show from them there. Lena's back and needs to be flawless in order to get in order with Steffi,...

oh what the irony though when Peter's gonna do tons of mistakes and still play as much as she wants

12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here is Germany's roster
    27971775_1559461760829282_2592822476917035331_n.jpg

and in news across the Atlantic, any chance of getting rid of Ellis is crushed as the revenge minded Hope Solo lost her election to be US soccer prez by only getting 1% of the vote! Damn

13. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    That Peter's even in the squad says a lot about Steffi
    Doorsoun in the defense now?
    Does she want Klasen for the world cup?
    Blässe still in the squad when the best RB in Germany is Maier by a landslide?

strong midfield pool though Germany

14. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US preliminary roster (26 called into camp; 23 to be named to final roster):
    GOALKEEPERS (3): Jane Campbell, Ashlyn Harris, Alyssa Naeher
    DEFENDERS (8): Abby Dahlkemper, Tierna Davidson, Sofia Huerta, Hailie Mace, Kelley O’Hara, Casey Short, Taylor Smith, Emily Sonnett
    MIDFIELDERS (7): Morgan Brian, Julie Ertz, Lindsey Horan, Rose Lavelle, Carli Lloyd, Allie Long, Andi Sullivan
    FORWARDS (8): Crystal Dunn, Ashley Hatch, Savannah McCaskill, Alex Morgan, Christen Press, Mallory Pugh, Megan Rapinoe, Lynn Williams

Sauerbrunn, Heath, and Mewis out injured.

15. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  16. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    kinda silent over here, but over at the French woso lezie forum, their letting Diacre have it over several pages long on her poor selections
    http://s1.zetaboards.com/L_Anon/topic/8200827/57/

missing; Renard, Delie, D. Cascarino, Lavogez, Bussaglia, Toletti, Diani, Karchaui. Catala & all their youth wunderkinds like Katoto & Bacha

those might not sound like big names, but most were there when France has had it's greatest victory, the 3-0 wipe put of the US in last year's SBC

the one new name that I recommend is Gauvin, a speedy fwd that likes to blitz the defenders & GK to strong effect. But Diacre's 4-3-3 been called lacking substance. At least she should have a decent game vs England who despite an experienced lineup, has yet to train with their new coach.

Somewhere out there is a French B team that's playing in another tournament, and if you believe the other forum, is actually better than their A/. Wouldn't mind seeing that roster

17. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Gold City Cup

GK
    Romane Munich (ASJ Soyaux)
    Pauline Peyraud-Magnin (Olympique Lyon)

DF
    Annaïg Butel (Paris FC)
    Hawa Cissoko (Olympique Marsylia)
    Marine Dafeur (Lille OSC)
    Théa Greboval (Paris FC)
    Charlotte Lorgeré (EA Guingamp)
    Anaïs M'Bassidje (Olympique Marsylia)

MF
    Charlotte Bilbault (Paris FC)
    Anna Clérac (ASJ Soyaux)
    Daphné Corboz (FC Fleury 91)
    Kenza Dali (Lille OSC)
    Inès Jaurena (Paris FC)
    Léa Le Garrec (EA Guingamp)

FW
    Nadjma Ali Nadjim (FC Girondais de Bordeaux)
    Delphine Cascarino (Olympique Lyon)
    Claire Lavogez (FC Fleury 91)
    Clara Matéo (Paris FC)
    Lindsey Thomas (FC Girondais de Bordeaux)
    Danielle Tolmais (ASJ Soyaux)

Coach: Jean-François Niemezcki

hotjam2 repped this.
  18. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Renard : injury
    Delie : poor form
    Cascarino : did not do what was expected of her at the last camp
    Lavogez : must show her quality with the B team
    Bussaglia : old
    Toletti : injury
    Diani : in the squad
    Karchaoui : in the squad

Catala : lack of performance in previous games

Katoto and Bacha are playing against the USA u20 in preparation for the world cup.

Check your information and not only that forum...

blissett repped this.
  19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    mini disaster for England; due to injuries, they loose 3 important, mainstays in Bardsley Houghton,& Nobbs. Perhaps they can be compensated, but with a new coach?

good news for NWSL fans though; fan fave Rachel Daly comes in, but where would she play? She's a hyper active right footer, but Neville all ready got Bronze, Scott, Lawley & Carney coming down the right.

The other two replacements; McManus, an CB(guess takes Houghton' place) & Stanway a wunderkind fwd, but both didn't look good at MC's resent defeat to Birmingham City.

Nobbs was the brain thrust for the NT, not replacing her with another capable play maker I think is going to hurt Neville

my three replace choices would of been Mead, Williamson & Chapman(who might be getting older, but still plays like a brute!)

20. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    Daly is a fast and aggressive yet intelligent player. I'm surprised how long it's taken her to get integrated with England WNT. Being America-based for college and professional probably did not help. But I think she's too good to ignore. With Houghton out maybe Neville plays Bronze in the middle with Daly as RB.

I hope Leah Galton also gets a chance for England. She is a direct and powerful winger down the left. Just transferred to Bayern Munich.

Ever since Beth Mead scored that wonder goal at U-20 level, the type of finish few can pull off, I figured it was only a matter of time until the senior WNT for her, but it hasn't happened.

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    updating: looks like Karen Carney isn't going to make it as well(hence 3 new named outfielders)

Beth Mead declined to participate(a shame cause she's been on fire lately for Arsenal)

my pick, the lanky, athletic CB, Leah Williamson, declined too, but also recovering from a slight injury

though they pay well, Bayern Munich might not of been the best choice for Leah Galton, since it's a way overly stacked team, so playing time will be very limited.

Daly's problem is finding the right spot for her, cause she don't have a deft final shot to be fwd on the NT. I believe Hannah Blundel(all ready picked for the NT) is Bronze successor for right FB. She could replace Jill Scott at right-MD(though Jill is rather quick too(as well with uber NT experience)). They could try Daly at CB, considering that she's fast & exceptional tackler & England's only fit CB right now is Bright, who's physical but a bit slow

22. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    this smells USA all the way with so many key players from France and England out there and Germany with Babett Awful Schlecht out there, this is gonna be a walk in the park for USA i guess

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like to call this tourney 'the curse of the terrible coaches' so no matter how uneven things might look, the terrible coaching might have the final say. The SBC has been quite close in the past, out of the 12 games played, all except one having 1 goal wins or ties, and that was the last game played which the US was the one that wiped out(US lost vs France 0-3).

I've seen only two ways the US looses in recent; the opposing team bunkers & hopes for a counter attack or high ball it out of the back(like the French(coach did last SBC game). The worst mistake would be to play it from the back, as the US likes to use American Football tactics of blitzing the quarterback(or in soccer, whoever has the ball)/It leaves it's own back side very vulnerable it you get the ball quickly enough over there.

The French seem to be traveling style(or at least on the plane) didn't know cross Atlantic got so techno

24. applepie71

applepie71 Red Card

Oct 17, 2016
    Im wondering what are the odds for Jones not surving this?

Stokstaartje95 repped this.
  25. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    i hope Germany lose all three games
    goodbye Steffi, Högner and Peter!