Serie A Clubs in Europe 2016/17

Discussion in 'Italy' started by shizzle787, May 25, 2016.

1. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    ********en EPL is a joke

2. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Napoli vs Real Madrid
    Juve vs Porto
    Roma vs Villareal
    Fiorentina vs Monchengladbach

Very tough draw.

3. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I expect just Juve to survive.

4. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Possibly Fiorentina.

5. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Monchengladbach has only scored 14 goals in Bundesliga and have a -8 differential. They're in 12th place.

Deleted User x repped this.
  6. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    We suck too, though, so...

Hidegkuti78 repped this.
  7. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Napoli will have a hard time, and likely go out, but the rest of the teams will probably survive.

Juventus you know of course against Porto.

Villarreal is not the team they were last season, and Roma has improved this season. People say they can't be trusted, but to be honest now that Spaletti is their coach, they have been way more consistent and not dropping NEARLY as many silly points as they have under Garcia. I am confident Spaletti will field a strong lineup and they will make it.

Fiorentina will likely make it as well, especially with the second leg at home. Monchengladbach can be strong, but aren't that good. What will likely happen is a 1-1 draw in Monchengladbach, and then in Italy, Fiorentina will beat them 3-1 or something. Fiorentina are improving slowly, they are beginning to start actually pushing and trying to win games more. I watched them against Sassuolo yesterday.

Hidegkuti78 and NickyViola repped this.
  8. InsigneForBalonD'or

Jul 16, 2014
    The 6ix
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Ya I don't think we'll make it past Madrid so Juve, Roma and Fiorentina are gonna have to carry the Serie A this season. Would have been nice if Shinter could have stayed in Europe and same goes for Sassuolo.

9. shizzle787

shizzle787 Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You didn't just admit this.

10. InsigneForBalonD'or

Jul 16, 2014
    The 6ix
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I didn't say I wanted them to win ... But I want the Serie A to do better than the EPL. I'd have preferred them not being in Europe at all tbh cuz they're a fcuking disgrace

Rosay, NickyViola and Deleted User x repped this.
  11. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    [​IMG]

Serie A is pretty well represented, plus Criscito.

Rosay and Deleted User x repped this.
  12. Hidegkuti78

Hidegkuti78 Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Hello everyone from another Serie A fan.
    Looking forward to commenting the future (and the past, why not) with you guys.

13. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Welcome to Big Soccer Forum. What a great club to support. Fiorentina is my second team after Juventus! Good Luck against Monchengladbach and I hope you win the Europa League. What are your thoughts on your upcoming fixture vs Monchengladbach?

14. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    How do you know he supports Fiorentina?

15. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its on his profile, lol.

NickyViola repped this.
  16. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Poor guy

17. Hidegkuti78

Hidegkuti78 Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Thanks for the welcome.
    And nothing personal man, but your bolded sentence is quite funny to an Italian football fan. The rivalry between the two clubs is huge. It would be like supporting Chelsea... but also Tottenham.
    But I understand that rivalries aren't much of an issue for foreign fans, and rightly (and happily) so. It's all good :)

As for Gladbach, I would have preferred weaker competition. But, considering that we play the return leg at home... and that the worst part of our season seems to be behind us... I think we have our chances.
    Also they don't seem to be a team that parks the bus, on the contrary. And that's better for us.

calabrese8 repped this.
  18. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    and then you realize that the dude is actually Italian and has that opinion :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

19. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well I am italian. Anyway though I am kind of look at football a little differently from most italians. The most important team in football to me is Azzurri: National Team. I am more of just an Italian Clubs supporter than a Juve supporter in particular, but Juventus has always been my favorite team when playing in the Serie A. I must say though I just love my country, and really want all teams representing Italy to do well in Europe.

Juventus is definitely my absolute favorite. After that I like Fiorentina, Napoli, and Sassuolo. Honestly there are actually only 2 italian teams I really hate and those are Lazio and Sampdoria. Mainly because they embarrass Serie A in Europe, and are way too inconsistent. I hope to never see Sampdoria in Europe ever again. Lazio are not as bad, but still they lose ridiculous games.

However otherwise my biggest rivals are teams outside of Italy like: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City, Spurs, and Man Utd. Those are the teams I really hate the most.

20. Hidegkuti78

Hidegkuti78 Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Ah ok :) well that goes to your credit then, rather then the opposite.

21. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    You should start hating Udinese and Inter.

Udinese is anti-sport and anti-Italian. The FIGC should ban them from any European competition for what they pulled in the past.
    Inter was the first anti-Italian team. Refusing to sign any Italian talent since the mid 2000's and they were major players in calciopoli but never got punished. At least now they seem to have changed their stance and actually have some Italians in their squad.

calabrese8 and Rosay repped this.
  22. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ya hate on Inter. The more the merrier

Deleted User x repped this.
  23. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ya I always want Serie A teams to do well in Europe as it makes the league look better as a whole. I'm a huge Azzurri supporter. Just as big as I am a Milan fan. The two go hand in hand. I always didn't get fans who love a club but not their national team as well

24. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    It's a win-win for you that the Azzurri have so many Milan players now.

Rosay repped this.
  25. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well I don't really like Inter, and it does bother me with the lack of italian players. However at least they usually do well in Europe, and have a few really good players. This Europa League was an exception. De Boer was just seriously not the right man to manage Inter and he sucked. This is why they failed in Europe and they failed in the league as well. If it wasn't for Handanovic's red card against Be'er Sheva, Inter probably would have won that game and be through. They have players that do really try and really want to grow in football. So overall Inter isn't my favorite, but they at least overall do good in Europe.

Udinese I don't know much about, and really have no feelings about them honestly. As long as they aren't playing one of my favorite teams or in Europe, I really don't care what happens to them.

Here are the ranks from my favorite Serie A teams to least favorite:

1. Juventus
    2. Fiorentina
    3. Napoli
    4. AC Milan
    5. Sassuolo
    6. Torino
    7. Genoa
    8. Roma
    9. Empoli
    10. Cagliari
    11. Inter Milan
    12. Udinese
    13. Bologna
    14. Atalanta
    15. Palermo
    16. Crotone
    17. Pescara
    18. Lazio
    19. Chievo
    20. Sampdoria

I also used to like Hellas Verona, but they aren't in Serie A anymore. However when it comes to Serie A games, I usually support the team that will benefit Juve and Fiorentina most in terms of points, and both Juve and Fiorentina getting higher up the table.

NickyViola repped this.