SEPP RESIGNS!!!!

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Sport Billy, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Pass-n-Go

Pass-n-Go Member+

Jul 5, 2008
    It is laundered but you send wiring money undetected. You can't wire that amounts of money without massive red flags going off in Miami. That money is going into real estate to launder.

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Who hasn't Germany slaughtered in the last 5 years? But they're just one country, and not very representative of the continent.

Similarly in club football when people speak about "talent flocking to Europe", what they are really talking about is 5% of the countries in Europe. :unsure:

3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    LOL Settle-down, they didn't "save soccer". Firstly, Blatter had some good programmes. He kind of lost the plot towards the end of his term so its good that he's gone, but frankly the damage is already done. Whether he leaves early next year or 4 years from now doesn't make a huge difference.

4. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    I disagree.
    His departure is a strong "the game is over" statement.
    FIFA knows they will be watched.
    I expect we will see contracts for merchandise, rights, and hosting be awarded based upon merits, not bribes.

5. Distorted Humor

Jun 26, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Well I think fifa will always have some corruption since every leader thinks it is their own little fifadom....

I wonder how much of it involves the Swiss and US investigations, or if the UEFA threatened to leave.

6. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As we have seen in various dictatorships get rid of the despot in charge and the rest collapses. At present FIFA is an abomination loathed by football fans the world over with the Qatar WC being the biggest symbol of revulsion. Now that deluded old man has gone of his own free will it makes things a whole lot easier. Up to now they have unbelievably thought just telling people they will sort it out was enough. Bloody hell I hate them all.

7. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This is my thought as well. He is such an egomaniac that he wanted to prove he could run and win again. He isn't an idiot and he knew then that they'd find dirt on him. I think his plan always had been to do this.

8. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think he knew that UEFA would not leave. You have France & Spain already voting for Blatter and like the EU there are far to many countries that just nod their approval so as not to rock the boat etc. There would also be those close to Russia that woudl dare not vote against the WC 2018. Big is certainlynot beautiful in any of these organizations.

9. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    And no threat of retribution for running.

10. Unimane

Unimane Member+

Jul 28, 2009
    Nashville
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough, I can agree with this, especially the hypocrisy of Blatter and the money brought in by FIFA.

11. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will believe when i see it. Even France voted for Blatter according to the economics.

12. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think the big thing was the Swiss Police getting involved plus South Africa admitting the £6.5m paid to warner, though of course could not possible be a bribe.

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, some of the blatant corruption might be taken out, although I think most of that came from guys beneath Blatter. Anyway, chances are there will be a lot of overlap between the new President and Blatter (e.g. in terms of being very pro-Africa/Asia, etc.)

14. Jonesta

Jonesta Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Auburn, Alabama
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Playing on stereotypes, a true sign of intelligence :whistling:

15. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They need to be pro Asia and Africa. The have the votes.

If Platini thinks FIFA can go back to the days of Europeans dictating on the world. He will not win.

16. cal-trin

cal-trin Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Mountain View, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm surprised this hasn't been reposted yet

[​IMG]

AmericanKaka repped this.
  17. Hexa

Hexa Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    That is what I am afraid of, even a fair distribution of funds, as in bigger gets more, would make Europe more powerfull at this point.

What if it is Europe + S. America and another block to get the votes? there is a power vacum they can exploit

18. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Obviously it would be a useless empty threat of leaving FIFA and making plans of an alternative WC in 2018 , if Hansen had not actually held meetings and talked to the countries involved and made a solid plan in advance ... It has been all over the Danish media the past few weeks, so there has been no "secret" about it, but just solid "political" footwork by Hansen, who has spoken openly about what he was doing.

19. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I agree ... resigning was a clever way for Blatter to kill off the plan before the final UEFA meeting on Friday ... and at the same time keep himself in charge of FIFA until a new election takes place, which could be 4 month away ... in theory, he could just wait a month or so and then say that he has recieved so much postivive response from most of the FIFA members that he has changed his mind and is going to put himself up as candidate for President one more time ... or simply stay on as President.

20. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. papo4ka2011

papo4ka2011 New Member

Jun 3, 2015
  22. Doriano Jösefnaldi

Feb 17, 2015
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    When is the next election ?

23. udehboy

udehboy New Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Bingo that is the greatest thing ever seen in the world

24. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    You don't have to defend it in that manner. Chile, and Colombia actually were more impressive than Brazil or Argentina in the cup, on a game to game basis, and Ecuador would have advanced to the knockouts if not for a literal last second goal in extra time. CONMEBOL did spectacular, and will again next cycle like they always do, but probably better (considering that Chile and Colombia are playing with perhaps their best ever sides and Brazil and Argentina are what they are).

Hexa repped this.
  25. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He isn't one of our own. He's a corrupt son of a bitch and deserves whatever he can get just like all the others. FIFA isn't a democracy. It's a corrupt government that uses bribery to keep its masses happy. This isn't about first world versus third world either. It's about transparency and doing things right. Officials aren't elected to these posts. They're given these posts and then they vote for a president. It's quite the opposite of democracy really.