Seoul United Question

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by WonsanUnited, Mar 4, 2012.

1. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea DPR
    I just moved to Seoul a few weeks ago to study here, and I've been trying to figure out the fixtures for Seoul United. Their website says they have a home match this coming Saturday, but doesn't give a time. I'm trying to see if I could pull going to a Seoul United and FC Seoul match on the same day. Anyone have any ideas as to where I can find a match time?

2. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    go to this website

http://www.kfa.or.kr/k_league/notice_list_view.asp?idx=149&tcode=016

then download the pdf schedule

from what i hear the games gonna be at Jamsil Stadium (서울종합운동장)

unfortunately cant say the time yet though but ill let you know when i find out

3. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea DPR
    Thanks a lot!

4. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Most matches are going to be held at 3 until the season is well into the spring. The location switches between 노원 [north eastern Seoul] and 잠실 [south eastern Seoul] throughout the season.

Where is it that you live? You are overcommitting if you plan on cheering on both FC Seoul and Seoul United. There are also other options available within Seoul besides those two clubs. For example, although I live a short bus ride away from 상암, I am going to instead follow the newly formed 중랑 코러스 무스탕 of the third division since they play their home matches literally 2 minutes away from where my grandmother is living at the moment.

5. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea DPR
    I'm in Sincheon. I know the WC Stadium is a short train ride away from here, but not sure about Seoul Utd. I kind of wanna get a taste of different clubs before picking one.

6. bekele

bekele Member

Aug 23, 2009
    France
    Club:
    Daejeon Citizen
    Sincheon or Sinchon? Bus 7737 goes straight from Sinchon to Digital Media City, which is across the street from the WC stadium. Sincheon is a 5 minute walk from Jamsil.

If you're studying, I'm guessing you're in Sinchon, next to Yonsei/Ewha University. I find it to be quite a trek to go from there to Jamsil for baseball games, but I indulged in the 8000 won tickets quite often.

edit: If you have the time on weekends, you should check out all the clubs around Seoul and then pick one to support. Subway down to Gangnam, and branch out south from there with buses. Suwon matches are fun, Seongnam's atmosphere sucks but the team is usually good. I've never been to Incheon United games but it's on my bucket list. I don't really branch outside of K-League but you get the idea.

7. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea DPR
    Yeah, I'm in Sincheon at Yonsei. Seoul United's site their playing in Nowon, which is pretty far, so I think I'm gonna go to FC Seoul this weekend and maybe make the trek in 2 weeks.

8. bekele

bekele Member

Aug 23, 2009
    France
    Club:
    Daejeon Citizen
    FYI, I'd stress the fact that Sincheon is different from Sinchon (신천 vs 신촌). Sinchon is where the Yonsei students go out, Sincheon is a similar bar type district south of the river. If you're Korean isn't great and misspeak to a taxi driver, you just might end up an hour away after a drunken late night.

9. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    It's still a lot better than giving away 5만원 bill for what was a 5천원 taxi ride. I have never done it myself, but I hear it is a common thing amongst heavy drinkers. I can see why.

If you really live by Yonsei, I can't see why you'd look elsewhere for a club. FC Seoul is practically next door for you. All the other clubs within Seoul is give or take an hour travel. You don't want that.

Also, why not give your school team a try. The quality of the University League is not far from the quality of the third division and Yonsei happens to be among the very best teams. The matches are held on Friday afternoons and you can probably watch the match from the sideline.

10. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea DPR
    Oh damn, so it's Sinchon I live in, wow. Well I just started mah Korean class Friday. But I was definitely planning to go watch Yonsei FC.