Seleccion Nacional - Mujeres

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by efernandez9, Jan 17, 2008.

1. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Porlomenos vamos a poder seguir viendo a Alex Morgan, vieja tan buena

jay luis repped this.
  2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The ladies put on a good fight. That red card determined the outcome

3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No tits tho :(

Yea the red card killed the team and the goalie is pretty bad. I feel bad for her. All the announcers shit on her

other then the Red card do you think todays GK was better then the one from the 2 previous games?

4. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Press from the USA looks hot too

5. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So? es futbolista no son modelos. Lo que personalmente las hace ver mas buenas

6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    a lot of the US girls are hot. Is that Daniela #6 cute.... Every time I see her I can't decide haha

what happened to the hot Blond girl that plays for Atletico Madrid? That all colombia was obsessed with when she was on the U20

7. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Her last name wasn't Colombian enough . Jk who knows .

8. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I assume you're talking about the studio crew. FOX Sports is still new to this. It has been a mixed bag. Some of the worst analysts have been former US players. Although an accomplished former player, Heather Mitts is just part of the crew to be a cheerleader with long hair and legs. She adds nothing to the set. The US women can't play the underdog. They're currently ranked #2 and won two World Cups in the 90s. They were ahead of the curve with women's soccer while the men's team was well behind. While the men were beginning to regularly qualify for the World Cup, the women won two. This US team makes me angry. I've watched the women's game for years. I've never been this angry about a result. With few exceptions, the US roster is better than Colombia player for player. I'm not sure there is a coach worse than Jill Ellis in the entire tournament though. What you saw on FS1 was a poor attempt at a response to Lady Andrade and the coach's comments. Lady Andrade likes to talk shit and unfortunately is often full of it. She's doing her part to pump up the team, but unfortunately for her it can sound silly when it's not backed up by a result. They said the US doesn't have heart and had been talking a lot... which of course isn't true. This weekend, I think it was Alex Morgan who was interviewed and asked about the comments. You could tell she looked confused and was holding back laughter while trying to be respectful and wondering what the ******** Lady Andrade was talking about. The team doesn't talk negative about opponents in public.

9. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't think that Andrade said anything that wasn't true. Unless the US media mistranslated or took something that she said out of context. What was the supposed 'shit talk'?

10. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sure she did. She said the US team was talking smack and they hadnt said boo.

11. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Did she say this in English? Because couldn't find anything in Spanish media about it.

12. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I knew it was a very difficult task but I had faith in the girls. Everything was going pretty much as planned and you could see that the Americans were getting frustrated at the end of the first half and that Colombia had a long stretch with posession in their attacking half, even if they didn't creat any opportunities. It was the same plan as against the French but the American coach played very conservatively when on defense to prevent the pass behind their defensive line. Ultimately the mistake that left Morgan so open costed us the game and even with 10 girls Colombia looked fine although a little toothless. I felt very proud of the girls because they left everything on the filed and how they actually believed in themselves. Good work coach, I saw you crying and that was very touching.

J-Mezzy, elviejomen and sitruc repped this.
  13. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/fif...ex-morgan-response-round-of-16-preview-062015

"They belittle us. They think we're a team they're going to walk all over and it will be an easy game for them,'' Andrade said, adding: "We're going to beat them since they like to talk so much."
    The comments, which appeared in USA Today, drew confusion from the Americans, who basically responded with: "Wait, what?"
    "I think certain players prepare for games in different ways. Obviously we've seen what Lady has said but we haven't really been the ones starting that in the beginning,'' U.S. striker
    Alex Morgan said Saturday.
    "We've always respected every other team in the World Cup that we've played so far. We want our actions to speak for themselves on the field,'' Morgan added.

14. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #389 BlueDamian, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    That qualifies as 'talking shït" these days? Ok. Anyway, thanks, but that doesn't really answer my question about the original source. This comment appeared in a USA today article but there is no source or citation. Doesn't say who she said to, when she said it, in what language, context, etc. I wanted to hear it straight from the horse's mouth, as it were.

15. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Anyway, I was very impressed by the way that they played this tournament. Specially their dogged determination, heart, and the never surrender attitude. It's a shame that Colombia doesn't provide them with more support.

kromekote repped this.
  16. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Next to Brazil, i believe we've been the 2nd best Woman's ranked team out of Conmebol for years. Colombia played as well as anyone. They gave it their all but that red card at the beginning of the 2nd half was the 1st nail in the coffin to begin with. That lady andrade has some great skill.

17. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Para jevoman un headband....

elviejomen, J-Mezzy and pepinointer repped this.
  18. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Today the girls will face Canada in the semifinal of the Panamerican games.

dapip and J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Diana Ospina!!! Now for the gold vs. Brazil. Great win for the girls tonight 1-0 over the Canadians. I do believe that if they'll continue like this they'll become one of the toughest teams in the world. You go girls!! :D

20. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I hate some of the antics of this Brazilian team. It's sickening.

21. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Is this the same squad from the WC?

22. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    most but not all.

23. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Without Yoreli Rincon who decided not to play this tournament. Hopefully we'll take the gold.

24. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Damn, we lost 0-4 but we should be proud of the girls. It's hard to play without our main stars - Yoreli and Lady.

Speaking of Lady, she made her debut yesterday vs. Houston with her team, WNY Flash. Check this out

kromekote repped this.
  25. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nicole Regnier? I follow her on twitter. Turns out she was crap for Atletico so just got loaned to Rayo Vallecano lol.

Although, personally couldn't care less about women's football. It's almost as bad as watching MLS imo.