Seleccion de PARAGUAY (r)

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by efernandez9, Jul 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magia

magia New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Asuncion
    Martino wants Nestor Ortigoza fromm Arg. Juniors to play for the national team, the player said that he wants to talk with Maradona first. He is a 5

2. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: La tentación de Ortigoza

El volante de Argentinos reconoció que hay un interés concreto de la Selección de Paraguay, dirigida por Jorge Martino. Por eso, aseguró que quisiera hablar con Maradona para saber si lo tiene en sus planes para el equipo argentino. "Mi sueño es jugar un mundial", tiró.

More...

3. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    WTF , now all the Kurepas that can't make it to their seleccion wanna be Paraguayan all of the sudden?? now they all remember their Paraguayan Heritage jajajaja, HELL NO!!!! I can understand Aquino cause he has spent most of his life in PY and he's parents are Pyan, Santana fine because He was the first of this generation of players and he has proven himself, but that's it NO MORE , there are many many players in Argentina with Paraguayan decent and all of the sudden they want to jump in our bandwagon to further their career F'em, I think we are doing just fine, without them.

4. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Olimpia 1-1 Sol de América; gol del Pescado. Sol tied it in the last play of the game. :eek:

HQ [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rA0sX3Fj8U"]YouTube - Primer gol del Pescado Ruiz con Olimpia[/ame]

5. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

6. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We might be playing our qualifier game vs Chile in Luque.

7. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

8. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

9. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

I'm already looking plane tickets for that game, I'll try to make it to every home game this year, I only missed the Venezuela game last year, good thing Plane tickets prices have gone down a lot, compared to last year.

10. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Me suena a "encerrona".

11. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Que es Encerrona?? Lo que pasa que el Defensores del chaco se esta cayendo a pedasos, hase 1 mes, dos policias murieron cuando se derrumbo parte de las graderias, y ahora la fifa abilito el estdio de Luque para juegos de la eliminatoria.

12. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Así le decimos a una emboscada.:eek:

Me imagino un estadio más o menos pequeño, sin pista atlética y con la gente encima, con menos seguridad que en Asunción.

13. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Olimpia 1-0 Dos de Mayo

Carlos Ruiz 85' (PK)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4ENuSTqEy8"]YouTube - Entrevista al Pescadito Ruiz: Olimpia 1-0 Dos de Mayo[/ame]

Seems like Olimpia didnt play so well but at least this time they won. Last time they played well but didnt win.

14. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Well it is over for Olimpia, Almeida was fired after the team tied 0-0 against 12 de octubre. Now we are getting a new coach that doesn't know any of the players and will have the all too familiar excuse that He needs time and he didn't ask for any of the players. This is simply insane we are 2nd only 4 points behind cerro with 18 games left!!!!! and we are still undefeated, no to mention that Almeida is the Equivalent to Olimpia what Micheal Jordan is to the bulls, WTFFFFF man he deserved at least the same amount of time Gustavo costas Got , YEs that Loser Gustavo costas that was earning double what Almeida is earning , spent Triple the omount of money Almeida spent in refuersos and GOT NOTHING but embarrassing result.

15. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Yes what a shocker. WTF is wrong with them?? :eek:

16. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    People from the directiva are a bunch of idiots that don't know sh.i.t about soccer, Olimpia hasn't won anything since wining the libertadores 7 years ago and we are desperate for winning anything , so they see the team not playing that well(we are still undefeated though) and freaked out and fired Almeida , I am so ********ing pissed about this , I don't even know what to say, the team was just starting to get an identity now we are bringing somebody who doesn't even know the name of the players, never even coached in Py anyways F^ck it is pointless to try to make sense of this move, the directive is composed by a bunch of LOSERS that's it.

17. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ohh what a f*cking surprise, Roque is "injured" again right with the qualifiers around the corner. What a coincidence :rolleyes:

I'm now convinced he does it on purpose.

It's ok we don't need him we got Cabanas and Haedo, I had enough of this crap he always does. He should just quit the NT if he doesn't wanna play and save a spot for those who do.

18. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    LOL we lost to freakin Rubio Nu after going undefeated and being in 2nd place.

They should be hanged for firing Almeida.

19. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I am ashamed to say it , but it's the truth, this is the first time in my life that I'm rooting against my team, I'm still mad that Almeida was fired and I'm pretty sure we don't stand a chance anymore this season, We have a new coach that has no clue of what he is doing by the time he figures it out, the tournament will be over and if we end up in 3rd of 4rth place the directiva will say " we had a good seoson" F...k that, being 2nd or 3rd won't matter to me, plus we have Cerro who is on fire, anyways I want it to be no doubt that this directiva f...ked up I don't want to give them any excuse and if it takes Olimpia losing a few games , Fine so be it.

20. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    List of call ups for the WCQ games against Uruguay and Ecuador have been announced, Rodrigo Burgos who played in the U-20 tournament is in the list.

Morel is out which is a big loss and Roque is still doubtfull but luckily we got enough talent to cover their positions and still be fine.

1.Justo Villar (Valladolid - España)
    2.Aldo Bobadilla (Independiente Medellín - Colombia)
    3.Diego Barreto (Sol de América – Paraguay)

4.Dario Verón (Pumas – México)
    5.Julio Cáceres (Boca Juniors – Argentina)
    6.Julio Manzur (Libertad - Paraguay)
    7.Aureliano Torres (San Lorenzo – Argentina)
    8.Carlos Bonet (Cruz Azul – México)
    9.Pedro Benítez (Tigres – México)
    10.Paulo Da silva (Toluca - México)
    11.Denis Caniza (Olimpia - Paraguay)
    12.Miguel Samudio (Libertad – Paraguay)

13.Enrique Vera (América – México)
    14.Edgar Barreto (Reggina – Italia)
    15.Osvaldo Martínez (Monterrey - México)
    16.Cristian Riveros (Cruz Azul - México)
    17.Jonathan Santana (San Lorenzo - Argentina)
    18.Víctor Céceres (Libertad - Paraguay)
    19.Sergio Aquino (Libertad – Paraguay)
    20.Eduardo Ledesma (Lanus - Argentina)
    21.Marcelo Estigarribia (Le Mans - Francia)
    22.Rodrigo Burgos (Cerro Porteño – Paraguay)

23.Roque Santa Cruz (Blackburn Rovers - Inglaterra)
    24.Salvador Cabañas (América - México)
    25.Nelson Haedo Valdez (Borussia Dortmund - Alemania)
    26.Oscar Cardozo (Benfica - Portugal)
    27.Edgar Benítez (Pachuca - México)
    28.Jorge Achucarro (Atlas - México)

21. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    No Dante Lopez on this call!!! finally, the usual suspects are all here, I don't really know how some of the guys are playing like Estigarribia and Achucarro, but I don't expect to see them play anyways, the new guy is Miguel Samudio, I really like this guy, he is very talented and he runs like there is no tomorrow and never gets tired, I hope Miss Roque could be ready for the games, we will need everyone for this 2 very hard games we have coming up, btw is been a few games already since we last saw Roque and cabanias playing together.

22. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Estigarribia and Achucarro aren't bad, Esti had a good performance against France and hasen't had too many more chances to show what he got.

And Achu has been doing well for Atlas and also had decent performances for the NT the few times he played, he even had a fair goal called back against Peru in Lima which would have won us the game.

23. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We can forget about Miss Roque playing, doesn't seem like hes gonna make it at all.

For Uruguay I would go with

-----------------------Villar---------------

Veron----------Caceres-----------Da Silva--------

----------------------Vera------------------

-------Barreto-------Riveros--------O.Martinez/or Vic Caceres----

-----------Pajaro-------Cabanas--------Haedo--------

We need to take it to Uruguay and not sit back.

And in the altitude of Quito I would do a more defensive lineup and rely on quick counters in which we do well,

---------------------------Villar---------------

Veron----------Caceres-----------Da Silva-----Bonet-------

------------------Vera-------Torres-----------

----------------Barreto-------Riveros----------

---------------Cabanas--------Haedo--------------

24. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I wonder if we have enough depth now, to do what Bielsa did a couple of years ago, send another team to Ecuador about 2 weeks before the game , I don't remember if it worked or not but the idea was pretty good, If you think about it a 100% Achucarro and Pajaro are better than a 60% Roque-cabanias, specially after watching our pathetic performance against Bolivia, I would take my chances like that, send another team to get ready , It won't have to be a scrub team , but at least the Midfielders and Defence, U can send Denis Caniza, Miguel Samudio, Diego Barreto, Eduardo Ledesma, Marcelo Estigarribia, Rodrigo Burgos, Pedro Benitez, Achucarro and some others 2 weeks earlier to get ready, I know is risky and Tata would take a lot of criticism if it doesn't work plus everyone will say how arrogant that is , but Altitudinho has been kicking our asses for too long now, and we should try something else.

25. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    you guys should play with mexico-based players in quito....

achurro or bentiez could be great subs