Seleccion de Chile !

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by Javi10, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Javi10

Javi10 New Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Players to have in mind:
    GOALIES
    Jhonny Herrera(Corinthians, BRAZIL)
    Claudio Bravo(Colo Colo)
    E.Lobos(Krylya Sovietov, RUSSIA);
    DEFENDERS
    Cristian Alvarez(River Plate, ARGENTINA)
    Nelson Pinto(Tecos, MEXICO)
    Matias Concha(Djungarden,SWEDEN)
    Pablo Contreras(Celta, SPAIN)
    Ali Manoucheri(Coquimbo Unido)
    Jorge Vargas(Livorno, ITALY)
    Marcos Gonzalez(Columbus Crew, US)
    Waldo Ponce(Universidad de Chile)
    Mauricio Zenteno (Universidad Catolica)
    David Henriquez (Colo Colo)
    Miguel Riffo(Colo Colo)
    Miguel Aceval(Colo Colo)
    Jose Rojas(Universidad de Chile)
    Hugo Droguett(Universidad de Chile);
    MIDFIELDERS
    Mark Gonzalez(no club yet, will prob. be LIVERPOOL or ESPANYOL)
    Luis Pedro Figueroa(Universidad de Chile)
    Jaime "Pajarito" Valdes(Lecce, ITALY)
    Rodrigo Valenzuela(Veracruz, MEXICO)
    Jose Pedro Fuenzalida(Universidad Catolica)
    Manuel Iturra(Universidad de Chile)
    J.Acuna(RCB Roosendal,NETHERLANDS)
    Gamadiel Garcia(Once Caldas, COLOMBIA)
    Ivan "Pupi" Vasquez(Universidad Catolica)
    David Pizarro(Inter Milan,ITALY)
    Patricio Ormazabal(Universidad de Chile)
    Nicolas Cordova(Ascoli, ITALY)
    Rodrigo Millar(Huachipato)
    Cristian Canio(Universidad de Chile)
    Jorge Valdivia(Colo Colo)
    Matias Fernandez(Colo Colo)
    Nicolas Corvetto(Coquimbo Unido)
    Pedro Morales(Huachipato)
    Sebastian Pardo(Feyenoord,NETHERLANDS)
    Rodrigo Tello(Sporting Lisbon,PORTUGAL)
    Luis Jimenez(Fiorentina,ITALY);
    FORWARDS
    Eduardo Rubio(Universidad Catolica)
    Jose Luis Villanueva(Racing de Avallaneda, ARGENTINA)
    Ricardo "Pescadito" Parada (Universidad de Concepcion)
    Gonzalo Lorca(Huachipato)
    Nicolas Canales(Benfica B,PORTUGAL)
    Patricio Galaz(Atlante,MEXICO)
    Sebastian"Chamagol" Gonzalez(Tigres,MEXICO)
    Hector Mancilla(Colo Colo)
    Mauricio Pinilla(Racing de Santander,SPAIN)
    Reinaldo Navia(Monterrey,MEXICO)

2. Javi10

Javi10 New Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Chile 2010 W/ Manuel Pellegrini & Jorge Pellicer

Forgot two players,
    dont know why this one didnt show up, I remember typing him
    defensive mid :Claudio Maldonado(Santos,BRAZIL) and
    forward: Jean Beausejour(Gremio,BRAZIL)

This is just an opinion...
    For the 2010 qualifiers I would love to see a very poweful duo Manuel Pellegrini and Jorge Pellicer(who had an amazing season, he won the 2005 Clausura tournament only losing one game, which was in the final. Catolica did not receive any goals in the first 12 games of the season! They only received 3 goals in the 18 games of the first phase. He led Catolica to the Sudamericana semifinals, barely losing to Boca Juniors.
    Catolica had never experienced such success in one season. Before, they were known to be a lazy team, that had no balls to win under pressure. They also played extremely crappy in International friendlies, cups, and tournaments.
    Pellicer has a lot to do with Catolica's success and I think that if Chile combines Villarreal's Manuel Pellegrini and Catolica's Pellicer, there would be no telling how far Chile could go, we would have an extremely powerful team, because this generation is full of players that are doing extremely well in Europe, Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina.

3. magia

magia New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Asuncion
    Re: Chile 2010...

Oh thats cool! I want all the southamerican teams to have great players next time, just imagine Colombia, Chile, Uruguay.... It will be a great competition

4. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

There's a few more players that I wouldn't mind seeing in the national team, like goalie Bravo from Union Espanola and Ibarra from U de Chile. I'm surprised nobody ever mentions Ibarra... he's probably the fastest player in our league, and he's shooting power is excellent. He'd be a great option (IMO) on the right side... considering Mark Gonzales will be on the left side, we'll have 2 great wingers for the national team.

We should also keep in mind Alexis Sanchez... he's probably 17 right, but he's already in Cobreloa's first team and he was fundamental in Chile's victory over Denmark 2 days ago in Antofagast. He's one of the grea talents we can't afford to ignore.

I'd give Pellicer a couple more years... he's a great coach but I don't know if he's matured enough as a coach to get the national team. We already know what happened with Olmos (given, he's probably a special case... freaking "perro verde") and I'd like to see Pellicer gather more experience before he takes on such a great responsability.

Pellegrini will NOT touch the national team unless el Choco Sanchez y su banda leave the ANFP. He wants stability in order to lead a long-term process for the national team (from the youngest to the oldest) and that requires security and responsability, qualities that Sanchez lacks. Either way, I'm not a pessimist... I'm sure he'll leave next year and Abumohor will take charge once more (ok, so he isn't perfect either... but I'd take him with my eyes closed over el Choco and any puppet he might back for the ANFP elections next year).

5. Javi10

Javi10 New Member

Nov 11, 2004

I'm also very glad that many other south american national teams have very competitive teams: Colombia and Argentina have tremendous squads, they proved this in the U-20 qualifiers and World Cup in the Netherlands. The 06 qualifiers showed an excellent Ecuador with several new faces with great talent, who will probably gain much experience in Germany this year, and Paraguay did amazing in the Olympics, their u-23 team could be the base for the upcoming World cup.

If we want to have a chance at the next world cup, we cant be wasting our time playing with a reserve U-23 C team with no players from Europe, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Colo Colo and Universidad de Chile against a U-21 Danish team. The game between the U-23 Chile and the U-21 Denmark was very useless, almost none of the players who played may have a chance in the 2010 world cup, even Alexis Sanchez, Parada(Nominated but didnt play), and Lorca will have minimum chances as they will fight a spot against: Pinilla, E.Rubio, Chamagol, Jimenez, Valdes, S.Pardo, JL Villanueva, and Navia. I prefer playing 1-2 serious friendlies per year, against countries in the same age group with all of the players available than doing this.

I think I was missunderstood, I would not put Pellicer as the coach, I meant to do something similar like what Brazil does. Have Pellegrini and Pellicer be like Parreira and Zagallo. This could be possible, since Pellegrini has stated he likes the way Pellicer coaches. Pellegrini already said he would come when he feels he is at the top of his career and I think that after he is done with Villarreal, it is very probable that he will come and coach the national team since Choco will leave by 2006, since he will not be part of the elections, and if he does change his mind, it is very unlikely that he would get chosen.
    I disagree with you about Ibarra,because Nelson Pinto(plays Right Back in Tecos and is doing very well, just scored the 1st goal of the Mexican Clausura) and Cristian Alvarez(who is doing well in River Plate) already have that position covered. Also, he is only 1.65 m (5,4") and that would be a huge defensive deficit if we aim to play in South Africa. He will also lose much of his endurance by that time since he will be 34.

On the other hand, I agree with you about Alexis Sanchez(I had written my whole list by hand first and I don't know why I skipped him and Maldonado) and Bravo, he is an excellent goalkeeper, he is very good at catching penalties, and did very well with Union Espanola the season he played with them. The only thing that worries me is that he will not get much playing time as Union Espanola have a new goalie. I hope Union Espanola realize he is the better option and make him play in the Libertadores. Also, I read this a few months ago, very happy about a young Chilean keeper winning awards.
    http://www.cooperativa.cl/p4_notici.../site/artic/20050812/pags/20050812133356.html

6. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

I hope the thing between Pellegrini and Pellicer works out in the future. If I remember correctly, they have worked together in the past.

I know Ibarra will be a bit old by the time South Africa comes around, but I think he should be considered as an option at least for the qualifiers. I'm not a big fan of Alvarez... I'd life for him to have a more offensive attitude (like he did when he played for Catolica) but playing in a more competitive league has proven that it is not his strength. On his duty as a defender, though, he's the best guy we've got.

Nelson Pinto is a great player... I remember him playing against Santos in last year's Libertadores and see him dribble around Robinho a couple of times. :D
    I'm hoping he'll develop his speed gradually, but he's still an excellent option for the position.

7. Manyaraña Recargado

Jan 9, 2006
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay

i hope we can put modern forwards for wcq 2010.no more zalagayeta,morales.
    fast wingers like c.gonzález from PSG or lolo 'motocross' estoyanoff from cádiz

8. Javi10

Javi10 New Member

Nov 11, 2004

I saw that game man, yeah that was wicked nice.

9. magia

magia New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Asuncion

We should make a list of who we are happy to se go away, and who we are going to miss

Myself:
    I will miss :
    Cardozo
    Salas
    Gamarra
    Crespo

10. manyaUSA

manyaUSA New Member

Oct 11, 2005
    California

Quitaria a todos los negros de la seleccion uruguaya. No tiene nada que ver con el color, simplemente creo ninguno (y son unos cuantos) ha aportado nada.

11. manyaUSA

manyaUSA New Member

Oct 11, 2005
    California

I will miss Paolo Montero!
    But we got Lugano, so I guess we're going to be fine

12. Manyaraña Recargado

Jan 9, 2006
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay

regueiro siempre rindió lo que pasa que si el burro dt no lo ponía

13. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Al parecer nuestros directivos se han puesto las pilas, y haran caso a las sugerencias de Nelson Acosta, quien basicamente exigio que el equipo se mantuviera en rodaje a pesar de no haber clasificado. El hecho de que hayamos estado cerca nos convierte en un rival que a mucha gente le agrada; por ende se han pactado amistosos con Nueva Zelanda (2), Suecia, Irlanda, e Austria (este ultimo seria en Agosto despuel de mundial).
    Esto me tiene contento porque a pesar de que veo pocas posibilidades de ganarle a Irlanda o a Suecia (por lo menos), el equipo se mantendra en rodaje, y le brindara a Acosta la oportunidad de ir formando su idea para ya el proximo proceso eliminatorio. Yo creo que no le vamos a ganar ni a Suecia, ni a Irlanda, pero por lo menos el hecho de jugar con equipos europeos de un nivel bastante bueno, servira de buen parametro. De hecho, ni me importa si el equipo gane o pierda, mientras no nos goleen y se note una fisonomia futbolistica y que Acosta aun tiene conceptos claros, me conformo. Ahora con Nueva Zelanda y Austria es otro cuento. ;)
    Estos son los jugadores que deberian estar vigentes para el proximo proceso:
    (jugadores cuyos nombres son italizados, en mi opinion deberian ser la base del equipo)
    Arqueros :
    Claudio Bravo (Colo-Colo)
    Johnny Herrera (Corinthians, Bra)
    Eduardo Lobos (Krilya Sovetov, Rus)
    Francisco Prieto (Stgo. Wanderers)
    Alex Varas (Colo-Colo)
    Jaime Bravo (U. Espanola)

Laterales derechos
    Nelson Pinto (UAG Tecos, Mex) * Tambien actua en mediocampo.*
    Cristian Alvarez (River Plate, Arg) *Tambien actua como central. *
    Sebastian Miranda (U. Espanola)
    Jose Fuenzalida (U. Catolica) * Volante por derecha, e lateral volante, ademas. *
    Jose Contreras (Stgo. Wanderers)

Lateralez izq.
    Rodrigo Tello (Sporting Lisboa, Por) * Tambien actua como volante por ese costado.*
    Mark Gonzalez (Real Sociedad, Esp/Liverpool, Ing) * Lo mismo que Tello. *
    Jose Rojas (Independiente, Arg)

Centrales/liberos
    Waldo Ponce (U. de Chile)
    Jorge Vargas (Livorno, Ita)
    R. Olarra (Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Isr?) * Tambien puede jugar de lateral izq. *
    Pablo Contreras (Celta de Vigo, Esp) * Lo mismo que Olarra. *
    Mauricio Centeno (U. Catolica)
    David Henriquez (Colo-Colo)
    Adan Vergara (U. Espanola)
    Ismael Fuentes (Jaguares de Chiapas, Mex)
    Marcos Gonzalez (Columbus Crew, MLS)
    Miguel Aceval (Colo-Colo)
    Miguel Riffo (Colo-Colo)

Volantes defensivos
    Claudio Maldonado (Santos, Bra) * Tambien juega de central, libero, lateral, y hasta de volante "ida y vuelta." *
    Jorge Ormeno (U. Catolica)
    Arturo Sanhueza (Colo-Colo)
    Manuel Iturra (U. de Chile) * Tambien actua por derecha, y hasta de lateral. * (Gran futuro en mi opinion).
    Jorge Acuna (RBC Roosendaal, Holanda)
    Fernando Meneses (Colo-Colo)
    Roberto Ordenes (Maccabi Haifa, Isr?)
    Rodrigo Melendez (Colo-Colo)

Volantes por derecha
    Milovan Mirosevic (Racing, Arg)
    Jorge Valdivia (Colo-Colo) * Tambien juega de "10." *
    Rodrigo Valenzuela (Veracruz, Mexico)
    Gonzalo Fierro (Colo-Colo) * Tambien juega de centro-delantero, lateral volanete, y mediapunta. *
    Luis Pedro Figueroa (U. de Chile)
    Diego Olate (O'Higgins)

Volantes por izquierda
    Aparte de Tello y Gonzalez
    Jose Luis Jerez (Colo-Colo)
    Sebastian Pardo (Feyenoord, Holanda)
    Jean Beausejour (Beveren, Belgica)
    Hugo Droguett (U. de Chile)
    Jonathan Cisternas (Cobreloa)

Volantes centrales y/o de ataque
    Matias Fernandez (Colo-Colo) (Gran futuro)
    Cristian Canio (U. de Chile)
    Jaime Valdez (Lecce, Italia)
    Nicolas Cordova (Ascoli, Italia)
    Rodrigo Millar (Huachipato)
    Pedro Morales (Huachipato)
    Esteban Paredes (Stgo. Morning)
    David Pizarro (Inter, Ita) * Si decide volver a la Roja. *
    Carlos Villanueva (Audax Italiano)

Delanteros
    Mauricio Pinilla (Racing Santander, Esp/Inter Milan, Ita) * El puede llegar lejos a ser un pilar del equipo, si decide ponerse las pilas.
    Jose Luis Villanueva (Racing, Arg)
    Alexis Sanchez (Cobreloa) (Promete)
    Eduardo Rubio Jr. (U. Catolica)
    Reinaldo Navia (Monterrey, Mex/America, Mex)
    Humberto Suazo (Colo-Colo)
    Hector Mancilla (Colo-Colo)
    Mario Caceres (Aris Salonika, Gre)
    Patricio Galaz (Atlante, Mex)
    Julio B. Gutierrez (Cobras de Ciudad Juarez, Mex) * Actualmente goleador y figura de tal equipo en el ascenso mexicano. *
    Ricardo Parada (U. de Concepcion)
    Nicolas Canales (Benfica B, Por)
    Joel Soto (O'Higgins)
    Marco Olea (O'Higgins)
    Sebastian Gonzalez (Tigres UANL, Mex)
    Ignacio Quinteros (U. Catolica)

14. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    (Uno mas)
    Lateralez izq.
    Alejandro Escalona (Gremio, Bra)

Volantes de ataque/centrales
    Rodrigo Toloza (Palestino)

15. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Wow, great list.

It's positive that Chile is planning all these friendlies for this year because if I remember correctly there we NO friendlies scheduled after the disaster that was the 2002 World Cup Qualifying campaign... so, this is already an improvement.

I read yesterday en La Tercera that Ivory Coast might want to play us as well... that would be two teams (counting Sweden) that are world class and would play against Chile. That's great news!

I just worry that whatever process is started now will change dramatically once Acosta leaves (I think he only has a contract for like a year). I don't like the guy, but I'd rather have continuity than starting from scratch all over again.

16. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yes!
    I knew I forgot something!
    We have a game (or are about to) scheduled with Ivory Coast, which is great.
    Besides Acosta, we really do not have anyone else to take over as coach, bro. I wish we could get Pellegrini, but with the ANFP officials we have now he has vowed not to take charge.
    How about our Wanderito, my friend?? :( :(
    Metro

17. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Suazo of Colo-Colo should be given some Playing time. He did great in that loss against Chivas (3x goals)

BTW I think Peru-Chile wil play in an amistoso or two soon.

18. Manyaraña Recargado

Jan 9, 2006
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    jajaaa,y después se quejan de que les decimos mediocres :D

19. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Volantes ataque/centrales
    Patricio Lira (Cobresal)

20. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    I know this is a joke, but you can't really be trolling their own thread for their selection, right? If so, stop.

Thanks.

21. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Wanderito has me all depressed. It was a torture watching them play last weekend. I know Colo Colo is doing good.... but 5 goals? I mean, come on. Jaime Riveros can't improve this team by himself... there's a few players that are good, like Salas and the keeper Prieto but the team itself shows no attitude on the field.

Man, you know what though? I'd rather have the team crash and burn this year in order to kick out of the team all the corrupt bastards that have driven our beloved team to the ground. Freaking Sanchez and company. :mad:

I guess you are right about the coaching subject... he's got enough experience to be on the job, but he's never going to improve on what he's already done. He has tapped his limits as a coach and I'd really like somebody new (Maybe Borgui? Pellicer? Who knows) to have a shot at the team.

ALL of the players that you brought up in that list are good enough to be called up. I'm really impressed by Ormeno, from Catolica. I honestly think that he's the best player our country has for that position (I haven't seen Acuna play much, so I can't really judge him).

Either way, even if they call people from the national league, I'd be totally ok with it. It seems the Chilean league, overall, has recovered some of its level. All of the games I watch last weekend were fairly entertaining, and teams like Audax and Cobresal have REALLY competitive teams.

22. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Volantes de ataque/centrales
    Luis "Mago" Jimenez (Fiorentina, Ita) * I think he will be the key player in the team in the upcoming future; on top of that he plays in a number of positions (hell, for his previous team, Ternana, he had to play as a defensive mid and even as a wing-back, either way, he is our future). *

23. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

You know what I think, fellow Caturro?
    We do not necessarily have a star-studded team, but the team is better than decent in paper. I think with a good coach that will give the team some sense of spirit and confidence, that also the fans could identify with, I think we would be in good shape. Vener comes to mind as a good option. Pellicer's job is in the balance due to the team's inconsistent performance in the Apertura, but I think he could more than salvage it because he has done well enough in the Libertadores. His wage demands are probably out of our league, too, as are Borghi's.
    Elias Figueroa, anyone??
    Metro

24. DonEliasFigeroua

DonEliasFigeroua Big Pimpin

Mar 13, 2006
    California

Rafael Olarra is playin well on the israeli champions Maccabi Haifa

25. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS

Looks to me like venezuela's hope rely a lot on the improvement of the Venezuelan League (What the teams are showing in Copa Libertadores)

Also, Venezuela is completely concentrated in Copa America 2007,
    if we suck in 2007, we ain't doing s..t for 2010.