Seleccion de BOLIVIA (r)

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by JRedknapp11, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He was a decent coach that 'gets' the higher level of play that is needed at the level. I am hopeful that he'll be able tofind us success...but I would have loved to have Hoyos instead.

dreyx2000 repped this.
  2. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He won a championship and an infamous second place when we lost the title when we lost to Nacional Potosi before Azkargota came. I remember the team not playing so well the second season with him... He's definitely not a very memorable coach in recent history... The best he did was bring the Spanish players with him, but coaching wise I'm not a big fan

3. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    #2329 Dustyvinyl, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    He was the main reason that Bolivar made it to semis in Copa Libertadores. of course, el bigoton added a lot of confidence but Portugal gave them the discipline and physicality. I dont think he will get credit and my opinion of him might be different but at that time i remember, Bolivar players being very dominant in the physical aspect. if the players came back overweight after the break, they would have to pay up. he essentially built the team if you think about it. yecerotte, eguino and rodriguez were playing at their highest level before edemir went to Baku. He brought in Lizio as well I think as well as the 2 spaniards.

He left to coach atletico paraniense (sp) , Soria became interim

4. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    #2330 Dustyvinyl, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    Portugal is a NO.. The league decided they didnt want to spend on him and are now looking for an interim. Baldivieso and Eduardo Villegas are the options along with Nestor Clausen.Honestly I dont think there is a worthy coach in our country and we dont have the resources we'd like to have. Dont understand why the Liga just let Baldivieso take charge.

5. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  6. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I would actually PREFER Baldivieso or Villegas!

7. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I would gladly take Hoyos or Portugal. I just dont see how Villegas or Baldi can compete internationally.If we take Libertadores into account , they both have not done very well.

Villegas is the new coach btw.

8. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Seems like Villegas fell through due to Bolivar not wanting to let him know (God knows why...). FBF in a conference confirmed Baldivieso, which I actually don't mind, he's good at coaching small teams and inspiring them to do better (like Aurora winning the league and Universitario last season making it to Octavos in Libertadores) lets hope that can translate to the NT

9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Claure I think didn't want to get in the habit of being like typical bolivian clubs of cutting a guy after a bad string of results. His approach, it's very american and patient. I hate to agree with him...but in theory I do. I don't have much faith in Villegas...and WISH he was gone...but...we'll see.

Baldi, I agree. He's good at making the most with very little. It's ideally the perfect hire because it's cheap, he's a good motivator, but the danger is in his character and lack of a filter. Will be interesting though...

10. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I agree with Claure. It is not good for a club to be constantly changing DTs. I actually have some respect for Villegas though, he did very well previously in the league, lets give him time.

As for Baldivieso, Im elated. I think he earned the chance. He may or may not be the right guy (I think he is) but at least lets give him a chance. Lets hope he doesnt call up his son just because he is his son though,

11. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    First Raldes has renounced the NT and now its Marcelo Moreno now said he won't be part of Baldivieso's campaign.
    Both players didnt like the fact that Baldivieso was critical about the 7-0 loss. but damn who wouldnt be.
    what do you guys think of these players? does Bolivia really need them.
    I mean Moreno has the skill to play in Europe but decides for China.

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Chumcaero did too. Same with Escobar.

I read into it being more than what we see. I think Baldi said somethings to the group after the loss and INSTANTLY lost his locker room. He's a hot head, and I remember in the press he was quoted as saying the squad vs. Argentina was 80% Portugal's. I have to wonder--did he throw everyone under the bus and to pour more salt into the wound, mention that they weren't his picks anyway?

I don't know how to feel about this. Baldi' always had this reputation, but I was hoping at the highest level he would be able to tone it down some when the chance was given to him. Buuuut...cmomon sense shoudl have told us that a person enver changes.

How much too does this have to do with the rumored strike the NT has supporting the not-paid wages that are still owed to a couple of teams? Wasn't blooming or oriente one also?

Dustyvinyl repped this.
  13. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Could be something going on with the Strike, Fuego. its very suspicious. after watching the game vs. Arg, man our players are out of shape and not very good at all. isnt it a professional's job to keep fit and I dont see how these guys want to represent our country. its an honor to play for country.
    Baldivieso was too critical it seems and he wont change but I wonder how many Bolivians said the same shi about our NT after that forgetable match.

14. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I feel like Raldes could still play alongside a quicker better defensive back. If he took offense at the possibility of Nelson Cabrera and Marteli being nationalized, then maybe he should leave. Did he not think he could play alongside a better central defender?

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Right. I got a vibe like there was some 'funny business' going on, maybe match fixing or something to up the score that much.

Either way, I wasn't happy with that performance....but the reactions of these players...is strange to say teh least. Marcelo Moreno being quoted as saying he would not paly for the NT unless a coach at his prime were coaching? What??

Raldes' teary eyed retirement from the NT, Chumacero's almost made up anger at people calling him a pecho frio. It doesn't make sense..... there's something else there.

They all must realy HATE Baldi...or I have no clue what else.

Dustyvinyl repped this.
  16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I have a feeling Baldi' pissed him off/pushed him away.

17. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Baldivieso although ignorant isnt a YES man. so this could all be the result of the whole Chavez events.
    Ive heard it from another place, that these guys are just club players and have no idea what it means to play for country with the exception of Raldes. each of these players could have had international exposure if they would push themselves more but they seem to like being comfortable. I mean Chumacero got attention from outside but never did follow through because the couldnt settle with living outside the country.
    and Moreno, there must have been some offers from Europe with the lack of strikers but decides for the big paycheck in Yatai

18. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ha! the whole captaincy thing got to Raldes.

19. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Something really stinks...

20. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Right, Maybe wait after first game then make these declarations?

21. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Holy hell, not even a month and Baldi has already burned the whole thing to the ground, lol

Well, we all knew what we were getting with him and FBF should have known better.

I think you guys are over analyzing it though. Nothing fishy to me, actually it's pretty straight forward from my perspective.

Raldes is old and has known nothing but disappointment with the NT team. He's stated his heart hasn't been 100% in it. These guys use the NT as a window to go play in other leagues. Raldes is done with those aspirations and now a new coach comes on board that basically threw him under the bus after the loss and he felt disrespected because he's been bustin his hump for the team for many years. The thought of starting a new cycle that he knew he wasn't going to finish and we have no hope of qualifying, now was good a time to retire. Raldes earned his stripes for the team. He can do/say whatever he wants and retire when he pleases for whatever reason he pleases. He's earned that.

M3 to me used this time as a good time to bow out. He's mentioned retiring from the team a few years ago as well so this shouldn't be a shock to anyone. The guy plays in China and has to travel 40 hrs to get to Bolivia for games where he'll be in worse shape in La Paz than our opponents and for what? Being last or second to last in qualifiers, having the fans talk shit about you, have a corrupt and useless FBF, risk an injury and pissing off your employer who is paying you big buck, and now a coach who is an egomaniac hard ass who'll throw you under the bus. Who needs that. I don't blame him.

We'll miss M3's hold up play and headers as well as Raldes' leadership but let's be real with or without them on the team we're not qualifying for squat. Might as well have Baldi burn it all to the ground and start from scratch. We know his teams all love him and fight for him so whatever team he builds will at least have plenty of fight in them even if it's a bunch of over matched youngsters.

Let the train wreck commence. In Baldi we trust.

dreyx2000 repped this.
  22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I remember M3 with his comments on taking a brea kfrom the NT. He's too wishy washy, and I do agree with Baldi there. If you don't sweat or bleed for the shirt, you don't deserve to wear it.

The latest that's coming out is now the players say they'll actually PLAY, they just want Baldi' to have private convo with all of them and to basically apologize. What is said and what goes down will not be discussed wtih teh public in the code of 'futbol' they say, but they want to have a private cnovo with Baldi.

I think this just reasserts what I said about him saying some shit to the players after the ARG loss. He really hurt them to the point tehy'd do this to embarrass him.

Quinones is another to the list. Also seems to be a Santa Cruz connection. Anyone notice? They're all probably close off the field and on 'whats app' decided to make this all go down lol.

23. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The new list is up. I'm actually pretty happy with it. A lot of young people. The only person I see out of line there Zenteno. Arce, Escobar, Vaca, and other players are out. I guess, he's taking age seriously. Of course that doesn't mean we're not ending up last, which I'm pretty sure we are, but it's a beginning.

He's also picking Smedberg, the Bejaranos, and Gamarra for the final list.

About the whole Martins and Raldez situation, I don't feel it's much of a loss. Martins was good, but his game will only decline playing in China, he's also 28 and we have Miguel Suarez, Ramallo, Pedriel, Gilvert Alvarez, Duk. Raldez is definitely not the same player either. He's still a leader, but if you saw the game vs Argentina or oriente vs The strongest, you can tell it's time to get him replaced.

24. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I'm fine w Raldes, but I wish M3 would reconsider.