Seleccion COLOMBIA (r)

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by sidspaceman, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

---------------------CALERO
    PEREA---------------YEPES--------------CORDOBA
    ----------VARGAS---------------RAMIREZ
    MURILLO------------PACHECO-------------OVIEDO(PATIÑO)
    ---------CHITIVA(ARZUAGA NO AZURIAGA -RIP)
    --------------------------REY (RODALLEGA)

They're going to play 3 defenders, 2 defensive midfielders, Murillo and Patiño as wingers, Pacheco as creative, Chitiva and another Forward. Apparently Rueda is grasping the concept that our defenders are good enough to play this way.

Another posible formation could be 3-3-3-1

---------------------CALERO
    PEREA---------------YEPES--------------CORDOBA
    RAMIREZ----------VARGAS---------------BEDOYA
    MURILLO------------PACHECO-------------PATIÑO
    --------------------------REY (RODALLEGA)

2. aragrev

aragrev New Member

Apr 23, 2004
    Southern California
    I like the formation, just not Giovanni as a starter. I even liked the way Restrepo played. I watched the Santos game the other night, why in the hell is Henao on the bench? Unless he is injured.

3. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DAPIP it seems like we see eye to eye or do you already know that were going to play with 3 defenders. I heard about that threw the grape vine but no definets. Perea, Cordoba and Yepes are considered top brass in there respective leagues and it's not for nothing. For the longest time I have had the idea to play a 3-5-2 with 2 defensive midfielders we have plenty good ones, they can also push up and have very good distribution. We should also press all over the field kinda what Argentina does. I really hope we play a more attacking style if it were'nt for the 5-0 against Uruguay we would have the least amount of goles in the tournament. We've only scored a total of 12 I think (to lazy to look it up) so that just 7 goles in the other 10 games thats pitafull. Well lets see what happens. Viva Colombia!

4. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Santos' other keeper, Mauro is playing well too, and they made kind of an arrangment for Henao to play on Libertadores and copa Brasil and the other guy to play on brasileirao, then came the game against Bolivar and Henao ate 'se comio' 4, if you didn't see.

5. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Restrepo is a '5'. His function is not like that of GHer. I'm not a big fan either, but he's grown up a bit since he's been in Arg.
    Henao is 'yesterday's news'.... he's done poorly ever since they played Porto.

6. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Rueda played 3 defenders and two atackers against Mexico, so maybe that's a sign. I agree with you in that we haven't scored as many goals, but if you substract the 4 games under Fracaso, and the game against uruguay, it's still terrible :D (5 goals in 6 games). I don't mind some low scoring games (like against Brazil), but from time to time they should show a more aggresive game (Bolivia or Venezuela). I believe in defensive effort, but also in that not every game should be played with all 11 players 'colgados del palo'.

7. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    you have to play aggressive against Venezuela. We need the 3 points. In Argentina, we'll need to go back to 4 in the back!

8. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I tell you, on paper, we should be easily the #3 team in South America...unbelievable. But I guess you can't be Seleccion Colombia without a bit of suffering!

9. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your right about this, don't know why but it's true.

10. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Don't get me started on this!!! We are destined for purgatory by ourselves!!! Nobody else to blame but us.
    [​IMG]

11. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    anyone know how I can get a cool poster of the Seleccion?

12. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    By the way, real quick, off-topic.... Let's watch and cheer for JPM... I think he's gonna rock along side Kimmi and the new McLaren...!

season starts this Sunday...Melbourne...SPEED CHANNEL!

13. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It seem like suffering is synonymous with seleccion Colombia.

14. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    How long JPA will be out?

15. aragrev

aragrev New Member

Apr 23, 2004
    Southern California
    I saw the highlights of the Santos/Bolivar game. I didn't realize it was Henao who gave up those 4 goals. I saw that Robinho(second coming of Pele) had a great game. OK nobody will be Pele, but I just love this kid. If GioH is playing next week I will keep an open mind, and hope he has grown up in Argentina.Also Colombia better win against Venezuela and at least get a draw against Argentina. You have to be able to get points on the road, what better than in Brasil and Argentina.

16. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

his ankle is apparently so swollen they can't scan it until sometime next week... I say he'll be out 3-4 weeks.

17. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

beating Venezuela is not an option. 3 points are a must to stay on top for the race to '06. Argentina is not impressive in my eyes. They are definitely a 'result - oriented' team, but I see Colombia getting at the very least a point. The difficulty will be the trip after the Ven. game all the way to Argentina.... tough one.

Is the 3/9 date a FIFA date?.... I don't think so. And if that's the case, there's no way that these players will be loaned out for a friendly that will take GHernandez from Argentina to USA...

by the way -- updates on Grisales anyone?

18. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    gio plays tonit with colon, donde es todo un leader que da pata y maneja el balon rapido, una mezcla de futbol argentino y toke colombiano, es un deleite verlo hoy en dia con su equipi colon y la tribuna llena de pancartas de apoyo al idolo santafesino.

grisales, aun esta en recuperacion!

19. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He injured his shoulder!!!:rolleyes:

http://www.atlnacional.com.co/contenido/noticias/febrero_2005.html

Febrero 3 de 2005

"TOTONO" ESTÁ EN CASA.

El volante paisa llegó esta semana a Medellín y durante tres semanas adelantará sus trabajos de fisioterapia con el cuerpo médico verde.

"El arreglo con los directivos fue para venir a hacer la rehabilitación en Nacional, una buena pretemporada, recuperar y volver el día que esté bien, si Dios quiere dentro de un mes" indicó Fredi Grisales en su visita a las instalaciones del Club.

Grisales tiene una actitud muy positiva después de la internvención quirúrgica que le fue practicada a finales de 2004. Sabe que la afición de Colón lo espera para unirse al plantel santafesino en marzo.

20. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

We need him back for the Seleccion cafetera!

D-I-R-E-C-T TV + TIVO = 1 VERY HAPPY COLOMBIAN! :)

21. aragrev

aragrev New Member

Apr 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Might as well bring the U20 team to Fullerton if none of these teams will loan out their players for a friendly. Most of these leagues are in the middle of their season, Mexico, Argentina. Which is fine, just want to see some players, I realize I can't see the whole first team in a friendly :) Hopefully when/if we go to Bquilla in June or July I can see a national team match or at the least a Junior match.

22. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    the argies will loan....they have toloan players to pekerman for the game vs mexico

no excuse to keep them there! Patino no jugo ayer con River...saben que paso con el viejo? No lo vie en la banca tampoco

como le dije: gio Hdz juega esta noche y puede viajar manana, leyeron en algun sitio que no los prestan? el equipo ya esta convocado.

23. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    patiño como que estaba lesionado

24. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    http://eltiempo.terra.com.co/depo/FUTBOL/FUCO_F/NOTI_FC/6afechaapertura/ARTICULO-WEB-_NOTA_INTERIOR-1999995.html

El técnico Reinaldo Rueda llevará al goleador del Sramericano Sub-20 Rodallega a Los Ángeles para el partido con Estados Unidos, pero pide cautela.

Hoy, exactamente un mes después de la vuelta olímpica, el sueño de Rodallega, al igual que el del lateral Camilo Zúñiga, pasó a mayores: está en la selección absoluta para un partido amistoso, el del próximo miércoles, contra Estados Unidos en Los Ángeles.

25. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    rodallega, metio gol ayer y puso el primero para que el quindio ganara 2-1
    esta enchufaoooooo -el pelaooooo

otro de seleccion que le va bien y marca goles es Briceño el del Tolima
    Otalvaro tambien Jugo ayer con el america, los sub20 van bien!