Selección de PARAGUAY, Pt. IV (R)

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Dan-ny-m398, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mexico had 2 shots on goal and both went in.

The defense is a joke, a ********ing joke.

Funny thing is their defense hasen't been that much better and we still can't score after a number of chances.

2. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I can't stress enough how much I hate friendly games, no matter who we take and who we play we SUCK at them I hate this lazy bums just jogging around in the field like no one else is watching this.

Dasilva is playing horrible so is vera, pajaro looks slow and everyone Sucks.

3. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's not the fact that it's just a friendly game, it's Martino's call ups and formations.

I told you Ortigoza was garbage, Da Silva old and tired, Martinez NOT A FORWARD and 4-3-3 a formation that's been proven NOT to work.

Yet Martino keeps calling up the same players, using the same formations, same system. Aslong as he's in charge we're never going anywhere.

4. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

We have lost them with starters, with new guys U name it no matter who they call we always suck I can go back to 1996 with Chiqui Chilavert gamarra at their best and we still used to suck, Martino, Markarian, Mano, all have horrible records in friednly games.

5. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah but 3-0 at halftime (and probably more on the way) against a team that hasn't even been playing that good is inexcusable.

6. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lol and now he takes out Veron who's been the best defender to put in Marcos Caceres.

Martino must want us to get humiliated.

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Me da rabia Paraguay.

8. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We just don't have the guys that can provide the forwards.

Mexico was so shit in the 2nd half and we only managed 1 goal even though we had numerous chances.

9. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Santa Cruz and Haedo where clearly missed yesterday. Say what you want about Roque but yesterday's game showed why we still need him.

Roque is atleast good in the air and intimidates opposing players and ofcourse Haedo who busts his ass in every game unlike most of our guys.

Pajaro is only good as a sub and Tacuara is useless.

10. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    your national team has always reminded me of ours, great defenders, but lack of a great foward. (besides chicharito and Valdez or cabanas). Both teams for years have suffered of having a great goal scorer, even when Saturnino Cardozo was playing he wasn't a goal scorer for your national team.

anywas its a meaningless friendly, I know you were missing important players like Valdez. Why dont you guys try out Dante Lopez? hes not bad, hes doing well in pumas.

11. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Holy crap I don't know whats more surprising, that we won a friendly or that Tacuara had a good game and scored.

It wasen't pretty but USA where diving left and right, I saw Dempsey on the floor more then on his feet, serves them right.

We should play the US more often, it's the only time Tacuara seems to score :D

12. BigClos

BigClos Red Card

Jun 6, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    good game, good thing you beat that bunker team. I thought they were going to bust out with 6 at back. lol

13. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Overall,

The defense was untouchable, Villar was a monster, and the attackers looked threatening (even Tacuara) but the midfield was just horrible.

Midfield was sloppy as hell and where all over the place. Vera needs to control his temper and Riveros showed his lack of playing time in England.

The only midfielders that where good where Perez and Estigarribia. Matter fact Estigarribia has really surprised me lately, he's been the best guy at the midfield for both friendlies and almost had a golazo tonight. I think he deserves another call. Perez has also been very instrumental, sure he's no Messi but he adds some rhythm and does what our midfield has lacked....provide the forwards.

14. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Is nice to win a game for a change, ugly but a W is a W, some of the new guys are very promising, Estigarribia had a pretty good showing in both games, I think he can take Pajaro's spot on the NT, Perez is pretty talented and has some potential, Marecos didn't have a very good game but he has potential, I was disappointed by Samudio who didn't play the way he plays in Libertad he didn't help out in offense at all. IN the other hand I think Vera's stint in the NT is almost over, he is the type a player that can only don one thing and that is run run run and since he is getting older and if he can't run as much as he used to, he will be useless.

15. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Good to see the good ol' defensive Paraguay, that can strike once and then withstand anything while hitting in the counter.

That's a style that's worked well for you, guys, and frankly while not pretty to watch, it's very technical and impressive upon analysis.

Bien por Paraguay. Stay true to your style. Your defending is what makes you formidable.

16. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Yeah it was classic Paraguay, a little uglier than what we got used to in the last few years but is a win, I'll take an ugly win over the US over a well played loss against Mexico any day.

17. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Upcoming friendlies ?

18. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    vs Bolivia in Asuncion on June 6 and vs Chile in Chile on June 23rd

19. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    El seleccionado boliviano de fútbol jugará dos cotejos amistosos contra Paraguay, será el 3 en Santa Cruz de la Sierra y el día 7 en Asunción, informó hoy Gustavo Quinteros.

Dijo que en junio por primera vez podrá tener a todos los jugadores que requiere para jugar en la Copa América de julio en Argentina.

"Está confirmado que Bolivia juegue el 3 de junio en Santa Cruz. La revancha será el 7 de junio en Asunción", agregó.

http://www.lostiempos.com/diario/act...42_239736.html

20. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
  21. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Cerro Cerro Cerro..... at least we are lucky this time that they are going to get eliminated in an away game and we won't have to see rocks hitting refferes's heads live on Fox Sports, there is always the chance of some embarrassing fight but it's better than what could happen when they get eliminated in La olla.

22. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I agree,

Is anyone surprised that they choked? anyone?

They along with Guarani embarrassed Paraguayan futbol, hopefully Libertad continues to put on a good show and restore some dignity to the league and Berreto needs to stay far from the NT, he's way too sloopy and clearly not NT material.

23. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Martino already gives the list for the Argentina friendly, only local players where called.

Joel Silva (Guaraní)
    Tomás Bartomeus (Guaraní)
    Ismael Benegas (Rubio Ñú)
    Óscar Ayala (Rubio Ñú)
    Ronald Huth (Tacuary)
    Luis Cabral (Sol de América)
    Elvis Marecos (Guaraní)
    Richard Salinas (Independiente CG)
    Marcos Riveros (Nacional)
    Ángel Enciso (Sp Luqueño)
    Osmar Molinas (Olimpia)
    Eric Ramos (Rubio Ñú)
    Milton Benítez (Sp Luqueño)
    Silvio Torales (Nacional)
    Gustavo Cristaldo (Rubio Ñú)
    Luis Miño (Independiente CG)
    Reinaldo Ocampo (Rubio Ñú)
    Pablo Zeballos (Olimpia)
    Robin Ramírez (Rubio Ñú)
    Ramón Cardozo (Tacuary)
    Julián Benítez (Guaraní)
    Gustavo Giménez (Tacuary)

I'm all up for checking out some local players but we have 2 much better options for goalkeeping then Joel Silva.. Barreto and Vargas should have been given a shot and are both local.

I'm also dissapointed Pirris wasen't in the list, he's been very solid for Cerro and wanted to see what he can do in a Paraguay jersey.

And apart from a few names I don't really know anything about most of these players. The list is not offical tho and will probably change later on.

24. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    The list might change, he is leaving out players that are playing the LIbertadores he is going to call them in case cerro or libertad get eliminated from libertadores.