Seleção General Discussion, 2018 and beyond

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Century's Best, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Militao was a RB at SPFC and a promising one at that. Only at Porto was he converted into a CB and unfortunately, Tite seems him as a CB as well. Unfortunately, there aren't any RBs that can come in on a win now situation and produce. Tite is familiar with Fagner from his Corinthians days, so he is always going to be the default option until someone steps up.

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Emerson from Atletico-MG, Luan Candido from Palmeiras and Carlos Augusto from Corinthians. There was another one too who plays in Belgium. Out of those, only Emerson saw any real first team time.

I don't remember the ones from the U-17. There was one from Palmeiras, but nothing promising.

3. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fernandinho wtf?
    Very disappointed Vinicius Junior not included.
    Coutinho, come on, we need some new blood here!
    No DEDE, also a surprise to me. Couple of these convocados, smh.
    PRA FRENTE BRASIL !!!

4. celito

celito Member+

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Qatar won't let Neymar go easy. They played real hard ball with Verratti when he wanted to move to Barca. They have put Rabiot, a player they probably could have used, in the freezer. Although I don't think they'd go that far with Neymar because they'd look really bad benching him in an arm wrestling battle. Even with Neymar's bad reputation, the Qataris would look like complete failures if they let a situation with Neymar go that far.

@Estuardo A. Lopez is right in that Neymar doesn't have a lot of options either. His big move was to Madrid, and they don't seem that desperate for him at the moment. They will have Hazzard coming next season and Vinicius Jr is coming along really well, who could become their hook in the Brazilian market. They'd take Neymar, but not at any price IMO.

Neymar could be acting out to force a move, but I believe he will stay at least one more season at PSG. He needs to finish at least one full season with them. Unless the Qataris all of a sudden find him disposable as his stock falls.

5. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Vinicius was a lock up until the point he got injured I feel.

I don’t know how Fernandinho got on this team. Has he played any friendlies for Tite post WC. Clearly, playing for Pep and another great season at City got him called up.

6. celito

celito Member+

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I know players that make it typically help out a lot of family and friends financially , but when you make 90m overall and people claim an extra 10 or 20m a year justifies a transfer because he is looking out for his future that’s just plain nuts .

7. Doc_Exec

Doc_Exec Member

Jul 7, 2004
    He has been injured a lot. But whenever he played, he did well. In the UCL, especially against Ajax, he was sorely missed. Juve lacked pace and penetration that he provided them this season whenever he played. In the absence of Douglas Coata (and Cuadrado), Bernardeschi was the lone player able to dribble past the opposition (Dybala is too slow to do that successfully). The problem with Costa is that he is regularly injured. And I can understand why Tite would not count on him because of that aspect alone.

8. Doc_Exec

Doc_Exec Member

Jul 7, 2004
  9. SebasOlive

SebasOlive New Member

Arsenal
    Brazil
    May 6, 2019
    It’s fair to say brazil isn’t really feared in the way they used to in the international scene. Unfortunately for the women’s team, they’ve never had even close to enough support from the Federation, all while the men are failing to live up to expectation. To think they’re supposed have two of the best players the country has produced. As a brazilian, it’s difficult to have our hope slightly lowered with each tournament, even though we’re supposed to be among the powerhouses with each tournament. http://www.thebrkdwnsports.com/the-brazilian-conundrum/

10. Estuardo A. Lopez

Jul 9, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm watching the final of the 2019 Toulon Tournament between Brazil and Japan. This is my favorite tournament because I have seen it in its entirety 3 times.
    The two fullbacks for Brazil are actually quite good.

11. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    dude, the women's team lost 9 games in a row heading into the tournament. They are staying at a 5 star resort when they generate no revenue, calma. And the mens team is/was the betting favorite in the last 3 or 4 tournaments. It's not the 70's or 80's anymore, no national team in the world is "feared".

12. Estuardo A. Lopez

Jul 9, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Brazil won on penalties after a 1-1 tie in regular time.

13. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    what did you think of the gk ivan??????