Seleção General Discussion, 2018 and beyond

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Century's Best, Jul 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    As we all predicted, David Neres got called to replace injured Vinicius Jr... lots of Brazuca fans were calling for Dudu - Palmeiras....

HomietheClown repped this.
  2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It would’ve been pointless to call up Dudu. It’s not like e is going to make it into the CA team.

3. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Kalil is a loudmouth but there's also true in what he's saying here 7:45. If we don't go back to producing craques on the level that we did 15-20+ years ago than his prediction of not winning a WC for the next 5 decades is most likely right.

4. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    The missing piece IMO is an elite craque striker. We haven’t replace Ronaldo.

5. Doc_Exec

Doc_Exec Member

Jul 7, 2004
    ^ Yes. Vinicius, Neymar, and Rodrygo (if he lives up to his potential) make 3 craques already. The missing piece is simply a prolific goal scorer.

6. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Alves starting the last 2 WC past his prime (and might play 2022 at 39 years old). No obvious replacement for Marcelo at LB. Coutinho and Oscar not quite on the same level as Kaka and their AMC predecessors. I'm not even getting into the quality of our bench players cause that'd be too much negativity for one post.

7. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Paqueta looks like he can be something special in the AM position IMO.

8. joudre

joudre Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Which Dudu?

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Palmeiras

10. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #411 omajac, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Damn, Oscar was a name I haven't heard in a while!! Shame he went to China, I really liked him!! And if Alves is playing at 39 years old in WC'22 then we are pretty f-ucking desperate!! But then again we have Formiga at 41 STILL playing for the Brazil women's team!! And heading to her 7th World Cup!!:eek::cry:

11. Doc_Exec

Doc_Exec Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Richarlison was excellent vs Panama. Casemiro was good as well. I liked Eder Militao too. All three could have scored with a bit of luck.

12. Estuardo A. Lopez

Jul 9, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    So sad for Coutinho and G Jesus. Both are in their death spirals.
    So many players that should never wear the Brazil Kit: F Anderson, Fagner, Everton, etc.

13. Doc_Exec

Doc_Exec Member

Jul 7, 2004
    What's the deal with selecting Fagner? Didn't the WC confirm how incompetent he is? :confused:

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fagner actually did well in the WC. Alves was called up but got hurt. Clearly we are lacking talent in that position at the moment. Might have to play one of them in the CA and then worry about a real replacement afterwards.

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Jesus should come back home on a loan. :D

But honestly he is not going to thrive in a team that hasn't played together and isn't creating much. He is an opportunistic striker. Firmino did jack shit in the first half.

Coutinho isn't going to last. I see better options coming up.

16. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I agree with you especially on the last line, although not with the part about Gabriel Jesus coming back home...

Overall, while Brazil didn't have its best game, it was an experimental lineup and Brazil to its credit hammered Panama until the end. Two strikes against the woodwork. Panama's goal was offside.

It is not pleasant to draw under these circumstances, and without Neymar, we're worse. But it's the first match of the year, and barring an absolute disaster vs. the Czech Republic, I see no reason to panic.

17. joudre

joudre Member

Jan 3, 2016
    I don’t think firmino cannot play by himself as a center forward. Richarlison is very good but not as a winger. Tite should have started neres at the right Side

18. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Although I can't stand the formation I think vs the Czechs we should play a 4-4-2

19. joudre

joudre Member

Jan 3, 2016
    [emoji1417]you are right

omajac repped this.
  20. Estuardo A. Lopez

Jul 9, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    As some of you have said, yesterdays team was a bit of an experimental side and I'm OK with that. However, if Tite is going to experiment shouldn't he set up a true experiment? Namely, in the future, if at all possible, He (Tite) should use Neymar Jr and Vinicius Jr together. I know both play in the same general position but something radical must be done regarding the lack of goal scoring.
    Hopefully, against the Czechs Tite will find it in his heart to include Allan, D Neres, Fabinho, Marquinhos, and Alex Sandro.
    Also, is there a true replacement for Casemiro? How about Walace? I ask because I still have nightmares about the Belgium game in Russia 2018.

21. joudre

joudre Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Since Neymar and Vinicius are not present, we will see how Tite will use them together.
    Now I think Allan is the best possible back up for casemio

22. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    High balls in our area continue to be a problem.
    Dominance is nice mas o que vale e bola na rede.
    Finishing is poor.
    Man do we miss Neymar.

23. Lockeroom

Lockeroom Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Doc_Exec repped this.
  24. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Arthur will not start tomorrow, and Allan (Napoli) will take his place.

The starting line-up vs. the Czech Republic: Alisson; Danilo, Thiago SIlva, Marquinhos, Alex Sandro; Casemiro; Coutinho, Allan, Paquetá and Richarlison; Roberto Firmino.

Tite deploying Brazil with a 4-5-1. Interesting...