Seleção General Discussion, 2018 and beyond

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Century's Best, Jul 17, 2018.

1. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Good points you have! I don’t see a specific reason for the general decline in Brasil soccer... it probaby is a sum of various factors:
    -Corruption in top of CBF.
    -Corruption in general of all politicians in Brasil.
    -Everyone who works in soccer management, clubs or federations, are in for the money, nothing else.

So, instead of investing money in talent and player development, they just take the money and run!

2. celito

celito Member+

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    In 90 and 94 we thought we were in decline compared to 70s and 80s. But that team won the WC. Winning change the perspective of how those players are viewed.

Having said that, a focus on physical players as opposed to technical has a role in it. Corruption of CBF is not the real problem. The problem is CBF doesn't really do anything other than being corrupt for development. Then again they never have. They do take care of the Seleção well though.

Another issue is that young players need the right agents who demand money to get playing spots. That's a known problem.

Palmeiras has been trying to invest in its youth development program and we've been winning a lot of titles from U11 to U19. I am not sure how player selection is though.

3. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I felt the develop has improved in some areas and regressed in others. We are producing more quality central defenders, goalkeepers and wide fowards/wingers. Midfield is the same as it has been since the 90’s more emphasis on strength than technique. Striker development has gotten worse.

Some of the issues are related to talent leaving Brazil to early or not going to the right environment to develop.

4. manimal

manimal New Member

Dec 23, 2018
    How would you compare france youth academies to brazil ones?

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    France is more patient and less results based. Fans put more pressure in Brazil for results and that affects player development.

6. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Brazil vs. Czech Republic, March 26. Venue: Prague. There will be another FIFA-date friendly match in March; opponent to be announced.

7. joudre

joudre Member

Jan 3, 2016
    I hope we can a good result