Seleção General Discussion, 2016-17 - Era Tite [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sorry Omjac but you lost me by adding David Luiz to the equation. We seem to have 2 world class CBs in Thiago Silva and Marquinhos as well as some good to above average CBs waiting in the wings. No more David Luiz please!!!

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #77 Mengão86, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    Goleiros: Alisson (Roma), Marcelo Grohe (Grêmio) e Weverton (Atlético-PR) @Kaka10725 ;

Zagueiros: Gil (Shandong Luneng), Marquinhos (PSG), Miranda (Inter de Milão) e Rodrigo Caio (São Paulo);

Laterais: Daniel Alves (Juventus), Fagner (Corinthians), Filipe Luís (Atlético de Madrid) e Marcelo (Real Madrid);

Meio-campistas: Casemiro (Real Madrid), Giuliano (Zenit), Lucas Lima (Santos), Paulinho (Guangzhou Evergrande), Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool), Rafael Carioca (Atlético-MG), Renato Augusto (Beijing Guoan) e Willian (Chelsea);

Atacantes: Gabigol (Santos), Gabriel Jesus (Palmeiras), Neymar (Barcelona) e Taison (Shakhtar Donetsk).

3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Tite clarified that some players were not called due to fitness and injury, like Thiago Silva.

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #79 Mengão86, Aug 22, 2016
    It was to be expected, but you did call that their would be some bias in the call ups @lawsonishere.

Fagner, Paulinho, Renato Augusto, and Gil. The real test for his bias will come when any of these players do not play up to standards and there are other players who are in good form.

I give him credit for the Rafael Carioca call up. Way overdue. His form dipped some, but he's still been good.

Looks like he bought into the Rodrigo Caio hype. A little disappointing because I know Tite watches the Brasileirao.

I honestly would like to know the logic behind calling Taison. I think he's been setting the world on fire at Ukraine.

Guiliano from Juve? Ah, it was a mistake (the one from Zenit, ex-Gremio). Wow, I can't believe he called him to be honest.

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Tite just mentioned some names of players he is monitoring....

"Existe uma série de jogadores que poderiam estar convocados, um pequeno detalhe acaba determinando uma convocação. É assim com relação a Geromel, Fernandinho, do City, Elias em uma retomada, Luan que fez uma sequência do trabalho. O Arão do Flamengo, que está crescendo. Não estou dando bala Juquinha para ninguém. Mas é um acompanhamento de trabalho, em vídeo e nos jogos. Na conversa com seus técnicos. Tem toda essa conotação"

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    "Eu gostaria que tivesse uma conotação diferente de "parças". Tem uma conotação de privilégio, e eu não busco. Talvez um outro adjetivo. Tu acompanha. Eu acompanhei o Taison in loco, ele joga numa posição que me dá a possibilidade de jogar com uma forma, com dois atacantes centralizados, com jogo apoiado e ter triangulações. É assim que ele tem jogado. E o Giuliano há duas temporadas tem jogado bem. O Paulinho fala por si só. Se eu tivesse assim, falando de "Parças", eu traria o Elias. Não foi fácil deixar ele de fora, foi meu jogador até ontem. Mas falando de um ritmo e retomada de seu padrão normal. Tento, na medida do possível, ser justo e avaliar o momento"

7. JoãozinhoFutebol

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Time vendida.

NotreDameFlamengo repped this.
  8. roryy

roryy Member

Aug 3, 2016
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    #83 roryy, Aug 22, 2016
    "Paulinho (his convocation) speaks for itself"???

I liked Tite's work on Corinthians very much so I will wait to see how it will be in practical for Brazil despite the weirdness of some names apparitions.

9. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    My boy is back baby! Paulinho!

Only problem I see is still no T Silva...

10. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Definately bias in there with several ex Corinthianos.,..,. And playing in China?
    Was surprised with inclusion of Gabigol and Gabriel Jesus - still imature and they did not have best of performance in the Olympics.
    Surprised Luan not included due to his great performance in Olympics.
    And where is the classic number 10?
    But.,.,,,, Tite is one of the best coaches in the world so he knows what he's doing.

11. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's hard to defend Paulinho the most but that is one of his boys that I understand. I can't understand why he'd call fagner unless he wants a player who plays similar to Alves. Has fagner even been good this season? I'm not a fagner hater but he's been pretty good , nothing more , nothing less. We can nitpick his defense all day which is why I don't get the call, he's really only effective when he has that full green light to go forward , so I don't know what tite is thinking unless he views the rb as the main attacking position like it has been lol. I'm lumping Taison in with one of his boys, didn't he have him at inter ? Taison is one of those guys you buy in FIFA career mode , I'm sure we've all seen him but is he better than Douglas Costa ? Lol. Maybe Douglas Costa is hurt but I don't get that. Giuliano was shocking , I always thought he was good but he never had a dominant season , I don't see where he adds to the team. I can't bitch about a CB pairing of
    Marquinhos and Miranda. Tite got it wrong with the goalies but I'm used to it. the Carioca call was nice , I think I would have used it on arao tho. Especially since this smells like 4-1-4-1 to me.

12. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Taison plays on the left quite a bit right ? That's where he use to play when Costa was there at least. I just wonder where tite plays Neymar , I think the no Douglas Costa means him on the left and Gabigol down the middle.

13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    and your boy Fagner. Hmm, can I ask with whom I'm speaking with? Is it you, Tite?

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, Tite was the one that called Taison up from Inter's youth squad. He's a jack-of-all-trades type as an attacking midfielder. I would have rather seen a player from the Brasileirao with that spot. If he's going to set the bar at Taison's level, you could probably come up with a handful of wide players in the Brasileirao that has done more recently.

Yeah, Douglas Costa is hurt still (or his fitness isn't 100%). It would have been a shocking omission if not.

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Tite said he views Gabigol and Jesus as #9s. I'm thinking Neymar is going to play down the middle, maybe interchange with Coutinho on the left.

I hate to rip his first call up, so I'll wait after a few to see how reluctant he is to make changes with certain players and of course, how we perform on the field.

16. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not happy at all, but I'm willing to wait and see.

17. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's a suspect call for sure , I just want to see the starting 11. I assume Casemiro will be in that ralf position in front of the back 4 but who are the other cms? I'm counting on RA but if it's Paulinho paired with him I'm going to be worried.

18. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    At least there is no Chicao lol and Cassio. I'm honestly thankful Cassio has been in suspect form , I never rated and I've been worried about him getting selecao calls/games especially now.

19. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm loving the idea of Neymar stationed in the middle instead of wandering to the left.
    Let's see how it plays out.

20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If we are going to be calling multiple players from Eastern Europe and/or China, Alex Teixeira is way more deserving than Taison. Ricardo Goulart is the MVP in China.

If I see Casemiro, Paulinho and RA in the midfield, I'm going to have a migraine.

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Paulinho ? Wasn't expecting that as much as he is a Tite player. :ROFLMAO:

Diego Alves no love still. Tite sticking with Allison.

22. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wanted Goulart or Showza in this call. I want different styles of play from the bench, most of all goals.

23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Tite was given a good dose of the domestic Kool-Aid that people were drinking in regards to Allison. And they say only players from the eixo Rio-SP are beneficiaries of the media....

24. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I doubt any manager, maybe besides OO or Baptista, would even bother considering Diego Souza, especially now that he's at Sport. Plus he has a bad reputation amongst the media, which is basically a death sentence.

25. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I haven't followed Ecuador's NT lately other than their defeat to Team USA at Copa America Centenario. They were on a roll early on, though.

I think a draw is a realistic result. Defeating Colombia in Manaus is a must-win, though.